forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Problem with SDocBook links? (cf. broken: #links in sDocBook)
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:50:15 GMT

following the example given here: http://www.docbook.org/tdg/simple/en/html/link.html

> > The code in my file is:
> >
> >     <para>Let's experiment with a <link linkend="CF_section">SDocbook
> >     Link</link> and see if it works.</para>
> >
> > ...snip...
> >
> >   <section id="CF_section">
> >     <title>COMPACT FLASH DISK DRIVE</title>
> >
> > Forrest reports this failure:
> >
> > X [0]                       trm/sdocbook2.pdf   BROKEN: org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException:
internal-destination or external-destination must be specified in basic-link

> > The resulting HTML is:

> >     Link</a> and see if it works.</p>
> >
> > ...snip...

> > <tbody>
> > <h3>COMPACT FLASH DISK DRIVE</h3>
> >
> > No pdf file is generated.
> >
> > I'm using the Krysalis skin, if that makes a difference.
> >
> > Now, following advice I will probably stop with SDocBook and move back to Forrest
files, so I don't need a fix myself, but thought it might be useful to report this...

> > Regards - Charles
> >

> I believe this is related to the problem we have
> (we used a workaround). #links don't work with sDokBook.
> See:
> http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=user@forrest.apache.org&msgNo=276
> <anchor> is not a valid sDokBook tag and
> putting id="anchor_name" into the <section>
> does not produce the appropriate <a> entry.
> The tag <ulink url="site:anchor_name"> gets
> resolved properly. For "linkend" this seems
> not to be the case ...
>
> Who else is using sDocBook?
> We need to and cannot move to forrest-doc.

Have you tried using the full docbook stylesheets as described at
http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#docbook ?  I think that that is much
more likely to fit your needs since forrest's sDocBook is so limited.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal