forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Looking for someone to help with skins, stylesheets
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 13:10:05 GMT
On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Charles Palmer wrote:

> team
>
> I've just started with Forrest, and it looks promising for my task of generating technical
manuals for our products to publish as HTML and as PDF. I am happy enough that I can come
to terms with generating the content and navigation, but I'm not so happy with the prospect
of the learning curve associated with XSLTs for getting professional-looking output, especially
for the PDFs.

> Are there experts amongst you who we could pay to create the necessary skin and .xsl
files? I'd be happy to contribute it back to the project when it's done.

> If that doesn't turn up results for me, then are there recommendations for where to look
to get up to speed quickly? In particular:

> 1    How to make the best choice between DocBook, SDocbook, Forrest formats?
>
> 2    Modifying document2fo.xsl to modify the PDF output (fonts, section numbering, page
breaks etc)

> Or if I'm being unrealistic tell me now!

Are you using 0.5.1 or have you tried the latest SVN version?  There have
been some nice improvements to PDFs in the latest development version.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal