forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Shaffer, Chris" <Chris.Shaf...@BELLSOUTH.COM>
Subject RE: User contributed comments and rate this page
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:03:11 GMT
Sorry, I forgot to mention this.  I should have said:

"How can I add interactive components, like user contributed notes, to
my forest-generate pages?"

Oops.

Chris Shaffer

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaffer, Chris
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 1:01 PM
Subject: User contributed comments and rate this page

This may be a big question for this list, but I'll go ahead and throw it
out there:

How can I add interactive components to my forest-generate pages?
Something like PHP's documentaiton
(http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-close.php#34008).  Of
course, this would be useless on pdfs, etc...  It would only be needed
for the html output.  I'd like to be able to control which pages it
appears on, as well.  Also, I'd like to add a 'rate this page' kind of
poll to some pages.

I've testing out forrest, and I have to say, I like what I see. However,
I'm not sure if I can extend it in this way.  Are there coccon
extensions?  I'd hate to have to re-invent the wheel.

And, please, talk down to me ;).  A lot of this stuff is over my head.

Chris Shaffer

*****
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If
you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from all computers. 113

and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 117