forrest-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Lucene search doesn't work with special characters
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:07:28 GMT
Hi!

There seems to be a problem with special characters and Lucene-Search:
Don't know if this is a browser-setting problem or can be resolved
within Lucene/Forrest.

Entering the Word 'Überblick' in the lucene-search gives the URL:
http://localhost:8888/lucene-search.html?sitesearch=localhost&queryString=%C3%9Cberblick&Search=Go
which results in:
   Your search for Überblick returned no results.

Setting queryString=Überblick (manually) gives results and the URL now
reads:
http://localhost:8888/lucene-search.html?sitesearch=localhost&queryString=%DCberblick&Search=Go

(Entering Überblick in the search field results in:
  Your search for Überblick returned no results.)

This happens in MSIE and firefox.
Forrest is 0.6-dev, revision 36849.

Thanks for any hints
Johannes

P.S. I hope my mail settings will send all the special
characters correctly! I used the German umlauts as special
characters, the URL-%-encoding should give you an idea.

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 *
D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de