forrest-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: min-sections setting does not work correctly
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:11:05 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Johannes Schaefer wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> On my pages I like to display the intra-page toc
>> only if there is more than one section, setting:
>>   <toc max-depth="3" min-sections="2" location="page"/>
>> in skinconf.xml.
>>

> if there is *more* than *one* section -> for a section that has only
> *one* subsection this subsection is not displayed in the toc
>
> Of course you just told forrest to exclude *one* sections!!!

Yes, but there is more than one section, it's just
that there is only one subsection and IMHO these
should be displayed if there is a page-toc.

> Which skin are you using?

Crust.

I'll give you an example:

On a page like "Overview" that just contains
an overview and no other sections at all, I don't
want the page-toc to be displayed. OK.

Another page has the following sections
* Introduction
* Discussion
   - Result One
   - Result Two
* Interpretation
   - Conclusion
And this toc I want to be displayed completely.
Just that "Conclusion" doesn't show up (like
you said, it's just *one* sub-section).

So, any hints on how to get this behaviour working?

Thanks,
Johannes

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 *
D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de