forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apply changes in XSLs after revision update (was: How to create a patch for forrest)
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 15:12:57 GMT
Hi Johannes,

woh, I may missunderstood you but ...

Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We are using the forrest development version
> and getting it via svn. To stay up-to-date
> we get a new copy now and then.

I hope you are just using /svn update/.

  After that
> we copy our "documentation" tree into the
> forrest-dir for the new revision. So far so
> good.

Why are you doing that?
Didn't you have your own seed?
I mean there is no need to copy your documentation into forrest if you
start with a /forrest seed/!

> We changed some forrest-core styleguides to
> our needs (and tastes). Now, after each
> update we have to apply these changes to the
> new revision.

What files are they? If you just change some skin files e.g. book-tab
then just copy the book-tab skin and rename it! In your
forrest.properties just change project.skin to the new name. This way
you do not have to aplly your changes.

HTH
thorsten