forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Forrest available-skins only lists test* skins
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 04:21:12 GMT
On Aug 12, 2004, at 5:33 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>> I was looking again for skins (seems to be a recurring theme[1] :-)),
>
> Why are you looking for additional skins? Those concepts
> from those old experimental skins are being added to the
> current default skins, mainly "pelt-dev" but also "crust".

I was looking for a way to determine which skins are available to
/forrest/ users. I wanted to change from forrest-site to something
else. I'd seen discussion of new skins in the list (tigris, crust,
pelt-dev) and wanted to 'see' what choices were available. So I figured
/forrest available-skins/ would get me the answer. Unfortunately, it
didn't. I found the other skin names by doing a /find . -iname *skin*/
from my forrest/ dir (using 'svn update -r 36024').

>> and couldn't find them when I ran the /forrest available-skins/
>> command. It lists testskin & testskin2, but doesn't list the other
>> skins which I believe should be 'available':
>
> I just added a comment to 'forrest available-skins' to provide
> some guidance.

Sounds good!

>> # Specifies name of Forrest skin to use
>> #project.skin=forrest-site
>> #project.skin=pelt-dev
>> #project.skin=crust
>> project.skin=tigris
>>
>> There's probably a reason it doesn't list these others, but I don't
>> know what it is.
>
> Only that no-one has found time to add that capability.
>
>> I can understand why pelt-dev isn't listed, but don't
>> understand why the others aren't listed with a brief description.
>
> Later we will add an automated description. For the moment
> see http://forrest.apache.org/docs/skins.html

Looks good! I hadn't noticed the update. Thanks for the pointer!

Web Maestro Clay