forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Fabio Rinaldi" <rina...@ifi.unizh.ch>
Subject Re: File overwriting: bug or feature?
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:37:29 GMT

Dave Brondsema writes:

 > The raw-content copy happens in parallel with the forrest generation of
 > files.  So actually it could happen either way (forrest overwrite raw, or
 > raw overwrite forrest).  I don't ever recall discussing which should take
 > precedence.  I would think raw.

Hi Dave,

thanks for your answer. I think users could live with either of the
policies: as long as it is clear which one!

The fact that you say "it could happen either way" could be very
disconcerting and confusing.

IMHO, the best solution is to let 'raw' take precedence over 'generated'
content, make this clear in the documentation, and issue a warning
when this happens.

Best,
Fabio