forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Fabio Rinaldi" <rina...@ifi.unizh.ch>
Subject File overwriting: bug or feature?
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 12:45:11 GMT

Dear Forrest team,

I have just verified that if I have in my 'raw content directory' a
file which has the same name as one of the files generated on the
basis of the contents of the 'xdocs' directory, and the two are
supposed to end up in the same directory, then the raw file overwrites
the generated file. Example: if I have "x.xml" in xdocs, this
generates "x.html" (and "x.pdf") in the site directory, however if I
have "x.html" (or "x.pdf") in my 'raw content' directory, then the
latter overwrites the former.

Perhaps this is the desired behaviour, but I would have expected at
least a warning during creation of the web site. Can this behaviour be
altered?

Best,
Fabio