forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Fabio Rinaldi" <>
Subject Re: Solaris problem
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 18:57:52 GMT

David Crossley writes:
 > Fabio Rinaldi wrote:
 > > I am happy to report that the problem I had with version 0.5.1 on
 > > Solaris disappeared when I tested the latest snapshot
 > > (forrest_20040806164102.tar.gz).
 > Good news.
Actually, there is still a problem (though not necessarily solaris
specific, I get it on Linux as well). As long as the installation
belongs to me, it runs fine, but as soon as I change the ownership,
then try to run it (as a different user), I get the following error:

ERROR   2004-08-06 20:44:13.203 [        ] (): Directory '.' is not readable/writable
Exception in thread "main" Directory '.' is not readable/writable
        at org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonWrapper.getDir(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonWrapper.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Unknown Source)

/opt/apache/forrest/src/core/targets/site.xml:57: Java returned: 1

It looks like it is trying to write something to the installation
directory. Very strange...

View raw message