forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Fabio Rinaldi" <rina...@ifi.unizh.ch>
Subject Re: Solaris problem
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 17:59:01 GMT

Dear David and all,

I am happy to report that the problem I had with version 0.5.1 on
Solaris disappeared when I tested the latest snapshot
(forrest_20040806164102.tar.gz). Instead, the problem of bash-specific
commands in bin/forrest is still there (I had to manually modify it).

As for svn:

David Crossley writes:
 > Yeah, you will love it. The command-line client is so easy.

But it is also quite difficult to install, as it requires up to date
versions of various software, which would in turn require quite
some time to be installed (or updated). Given that the current version
of Forrest seems to be so much better than 0.5.1, wouldn't it make
sense to provide a tarball for those who do not want to follow the
very latest developments but still would like to use the latest
features of this great piece of software... (without necessarily
installing svn).

--
Fabio