forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unexpected EOF in archive
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:04:49 GMT
Martin Holler wrote:

> Now I tryed tar (GNU tar) 1.13 which worked fine ...

Youch! That will be bad if newer versions of tar have trouble
with old archives. Searching their bug list, there are mentions
of this "lone zero block" issue, and one particular post that
said "especially with tar archives created with Apache Ant".
If my reading is correct, then it is only a warning.

When i unpacked the archive i see that the last file
listed is RELEASE-NOTES-0.5.1.txt which is where your
newer tar reports errors.

How many files do you have ...
find . -type f | wc -l
721

Thanks for reporting the issue. We might need to put a warning
on our download page.

--
David Crossley