forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Understanding linking
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:20:36 GMT
Charles Palmer wrote:
> I've been spending a bunch of time trying to understand how to link
> between files. I certainly have a better idea now than I did yesterday
> morning. Not being critical, but some of the documentation wasn't too
> clear, so I've tried to write my own, and would like to pass it back
> to be checked, corrected, enhanced, and if  thought worthwhile, used
> to replace the existing sample2.xml file that comes out of the forrest
> seed operation.

I have taken the approach of a comprehensive example
in the seed site which demonstrates all types of linking
to generated files and to raw files.

Your explanations seemed a bit confusing. I surmised that
we are not being clear about how the resource space maps
across to the final produced website space. I hope that
the examples and diagram explains that better.

--
David Crossley