forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to create a patch for forrest
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 07:47:55 GMT
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> >
> >>OK, did it. See FOR-236.
> >>svn diff > mypatch.txt does it but still gives
> >>    Working copy 'src/documentation/content/xdocs' not locked
> >>I ignored it.
> >
> > I advise you not to ignore anything. SVN is telling you
> > that there is a problem for good reason. What happens
> > when you do 'svn status'?
>
> Sorry to you all ... stupid me.
> I'm quite sure that these problems will
> go away now that I've started my project
> with 'forrest seed' and NOT using the
> forrest source tree. Entschuldigung.
> Excuse me. Desculpem. Scusi. Isvenite.
> Perdon. Excuse moi.

You are excused :-) We all make blunders. This will be a
turning point for your understanding of Forrest and SVN.

By the way, with that "Working copy not locked" issue,
try doing 'svn cleanup' or maybe it would be better
to do a complete fresh checkout, though 'svn status'
and 'svn cleanup' should reveal any issues with your
current working copy.

Start with these two Forrest documents
http://forrest.apache.org/build.html
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html