forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apply changes in XSLs after revision update (was: How to create a patch for forrest)
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 17:46:29 GMT
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> We are using the forrest development version
> and getting it via svn. To stay up-to-date
> we get a new copy now and then.

Good. However you should do that as often as possible.

> After that
> we copy our "documentation" tree into the
> forrest-dir for the new revision. So far so
> good.

No, not good. I do not understand what you are doing.
Why are you copying stuff into the Forrest source tree?

If you are building your own documentation then it
should be completely outside of Forrest, e.g. over
in /home/you/my-docs/ do a 'forrest seed' and add your
new documentation in there.

> We changed some forrest-core styleguides to
> our needs (and tastes). Now, after each
> update we have to apply these changes to the
> new revision.

Why can't you do it how i described in the last thread?
When you do 'svn update', if there were any source changes
to the files that you have modified, then those changes
will get safely merged with yours. If there are conflicts
because someone changed the exact same portion of the file
that you changed, then you will be warned and you will
need to fix them.

--
David Crossley