forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Palmer" <char...@dspdesign.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: Who is Hugo?
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:12:52 GMT
Team

I made a more complex document (based on a fresh OpenOffice document, rather
than the Forrest openoffice-writer.sxw) with various instances of different
headings etc. It seemed to work OK but:

Forrest doesn't seem to like a Heading 4 following a Heading 2 without an
intervening Heading 3 - we get hugo showing up again. Interestingly, when I
save the file from OpenOffice in DocBook format, Open Office inserts an
empty Heading 3 <title/> tag  in between the Heading 2 stuff and the Heading
4 stuff:

<sect2><title>ANOTHER H2</title>
<para>some text.</para>
<sect3><title/>
<sect4><title>A spurious H4</title>
<para>to see what happens</para>
<para/>
<para/></sect4></sect3></sect2></sect1></article>

Essentially the same thing happens if a Heading 3 follows a Heading 1
without an intervening Heading 2.

Now, I don't think this explains the problems with Forrest's
openoffice-writer.sxw, but it may shine a little light on the problem.

Charles