forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Palmer" <char...@dspdesign.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: Who is Hugo?
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:35:54 GMT
Team

I have done some more investigation into why OpenOffice Writer files have
trouble with Heading 3, Heading 4 and Heading 5 styles. I seeded a new site,
and added 3 files:

1    Made a copy of the original Forrest openoffice-writer.sxw, and added
some text at the end including Heading 3, Heading 4 and Heading 5 styles.
Result: "hugo" appears in the navigation section at the top and in the
rendered html at the bottom of the file. - ie the faults previously
described.

2    Made a copy of the original Forrest openoffice-writer.sxw, stripped out
all of the contents, then added a succession of Heading 1 to Heading 5
lines, each with one line of Default style following. Result: Result: "hugo"
appears in the navigation section at the top and in the rendered html at the
bottom of the file. - ie the faults previously described.

3    Made a new OpenOffice text document, and added the text described in
(2) above. Result: Expected operation: no sign of "hugo", and the rendered
HTML seems sensible (except - minor point - both Heading 4 and Heading 5
text are rendered within the same <h5> tags).

So my preliminary conclusion would be that there is something wrong with the
original Forrest openoffice-writer.sxw file that breaks when Heading 3
styles are included. It looks as though any other OpenOffice files that are
derived from the original also inherit the fault.

Of course - there may be more to it that this - I will try some more complex
files and see what happens.

Charles