forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Palmer" <char...@dspdesign.com>
Subject Fw: OpenOffice: Who is Hugo?
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:53:13 GMT
Dave Brondsema asked me to send my .sxw files to help solve this problem.

I did, along with .xml and .html files. My email was bounced with this message:

    SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
    host mail.apache.org [209.237.227.199]: 552 ZIP attachments are not accepted here.

I guess that it is the .sxw files that were mistaken for .zip files - I am re-sending without
the .sxw files - what should I do to get these through?

Charles

----- Original Message -----
From: Charles Palmer
To: user@forrest.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: OpenOffice: Who is Hugo?

Dave Brondsema asks: "Thanks for figuring that out!  I'll fix it now, but
I'd like to test it
and make sure it works properly.  Can you send your .sxw file?"

Yes - files attached:

(1)    headings.sxw - as far as I can see this consists of 7 lines, each of
a OpenOffice different style: "Heading1" through to "Heading5", then "text
body" then "default".

(2)    headings.xml - The same file as (1) saved as a DocBook file, using
the OpenOffice "Save as DocBook (simplified)" option. Note that the XML tags
in this file are not at all what I would have expected, and this may point
to a problem somewhere within OpenOffice, rather than Forrest (!). I don't
know how to examine the internal XML structure of the .sxw file, but I'm
worried that it is screwed up in some way. I downloaded and installed
OpenOffice 1.1.2 last week, just so I could play with the OpenOffice
facilities within Forrest. The DocBook filter was installed by the
installation process (their website contains confusing pages suggesting that
you have to apply DocBook separately). I can't think that I could have
broken anything, but perhaps I have.

(3)    TRM_headings.sxw. I modified some OpenOffice styles and page
formatting, to suit the format of the "Technical Reference Manuals" (TRMs)
that my company creates. So I have added the same test text as (1) above
into that template.

(4)    TRM_headings.xml - The same files as (3) saved as a DocBook file.
Again, you can see the XML tags all over the place (but differently than in
(2) above!).

(5 and 6) - the HTML that forrest creates, just for completeness.

I hope you can work this out!

Charles