forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Palmer" <char...@dspdesign.com>
Subject whole site pdf missing?
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:37:34 GMT
Team

The default site.xml contains this:

<all>
  <whole_site_html href="site.html" label="Whole Site HTML" />
  <whole_site_html href="site.pdf" label="Whole Site PDF" />
</all>

and this page: http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html says this: "Note: Forrest's
default sitemap defines a whole-site HTML and PDF, available as site.html and site.pdf."

and this page: http://forrest.apache.org/howto/howto-pdf-tab.html says this: "By default Forrest
generates a pdf file for each separate document of your project. As well you can create a
pdf of the whole site. But sometimes it may be necessary to generate a pdf file out of selected
tab, i.e. only for certain parts of the site."

Now, I want to start investigating creating pdfs "only for certain parts of the site", and
I guess the lengthy link above will guide me through this. But from the above comments I would
have expected to see a site.pdf, containing the whole site, but I don't.

Why can't I see site.pdf? and am I safe to follow the instructions in the link above to create
pdfs from multiple pages, or is there more to it...

Charles