forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Palmer" <char...@dspdesign.com>
Subject Re: Trying Forrest 0.6
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 11:40:14 GMT
You refer me to here: http://forrest.apache.org/build.html which seems to
require me to first download and install Subversion (SVN), then use SVN to
grab a copy of Forrest, then build it. Is that right?

In which case what does this page http://forrest.apache.org/mirrors.cgi mean
when it says this: "There are also compressed source snapshots that are
built every 6 hours" (and links to some 41M byte .tar.gz files). Can I
download one of these as an alternative to the SVN approach, or what? My
network admin guy is on holiday and I don't want to go round installing more
s/w on my machine than I have to - if I cock up and he has to dig me out I'm
in trouble! Is installing SVN going to be trouble-free?

Charles