forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Palmer" <char...@dspdesign.com>
Subject Looking for someone to help with skins, stylesheets
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 11:36:36 GMT
team

I've just started with Forrest, and it looks promising for my task of generating technical
manuals for our products to publish as HTML and as PDF. I am happy enough that I can come
to terms with generating the content and navigation, but I'm not so happy with the prospect
of the learning curve associated with XSLTs for getting professional-looking output, especially
for the PDFs.

Are there experts amongst you who we could pay to create the necessary skin and .xsl files?
I'd be happy to contribute it back to the project when it's done.

If that doesn't turn up results for me, then are there recommendations for where to look to
get up to speed quickly? In particular:

1    How to make the best choice between DocBook, SDocbook, Forrest formats?

2    Modifying document2fo.xsl to modify the PDF output (fonts, section numbering, page breaks
etc)

Or if I'm being unrealistic tell me now!

Regards -
Charles Palmer

Technical Director, DSP Design Ltd
email: charles@dspdesign.com
7 Tapton Park Innovation Centre, Brimington Rd, Chesterfield S41 0TZ, UK
ph: +44 (0) 1246 545 918