forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Palmer" <char...@dspdesign.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: Who is Hugo?
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:46:03 GMT
Team

Further to my initial report of this problem I have conducted further experiments:

I took the Forrest OpenOffice sample file, stripped out all of the content and added one line
each (in succession) of the styles called Heading1 - Heading5, then text body, then default
style. Results:

Heading1 is rendered with <h3> tags embedded within a table. It has a navigation entry
at the top and an <a> anchor just before the table.
Heading2 is rendered with <h4> tags embedded within a table (of different colour). It
has a navigation entry at the top and an <a> annchor just before the table.
Heading3 is rendered within <p> tags, without a navigation entry or an <a> anchor.
Headings4 rendered within <h5> tags. It has a navigation entry at the top with text
reading"hugo", and with an anchor and "hugo" prepended as shown here:

<h4>hugo</h4>
<h5>Heading 4</h5>

Heading5 is rendered within <h5> tags, without a navigation entry at the top, BUT WITH
an <a> anchor just before the text.

So only Heading1 and Heading2 are rendered "properly".

I won't burden you with the details, but in some cases these same styles (including Heading2)
are rendered differently from this within my own OpenOffice document (in which I have adjusted
the styles).

Surely some mistake? Is the OpenOffice rendered with an XSL file? If you pointed me at it
I can see if I could fix it.

Charles