forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Palmer" <char...@dspdesign.com>
Subject OpenOffice: Who is Hugo?
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:42:27 GMT
Team

Greatly encuraged by the discovery of OpenOffice support with Forrest 0.6, I set about replicating
the standard example, and then modifying it (successfully) before setting out to put some
on my real content into an OpenOffice format and trying that. As part of that exercise I modified
various OpenOffice styles, so they would look as I wanted when printing a paper (and pdf)
version of the document.

Well:
OpenOffice Heading1 style was rendered the same as in Forrest's example (fine!).
OpenOffice Heading2 and Heading3 styles were rendered within <p> tags only, with no
navigation links at the top of the page.
OpenOffice Heading4 style was rendered within <p> tags, but preceeded by HTML tables
that look like the original ForresanHeading2 style, containing the text Hugo (!!!). And there
are navigation links entitled Hugo at the top of the page! There is no "Hugo" anywhere in
my OpenOfice document.

The PDF files is even more curious, with section numberings prepended before my own section
4 heading, like this:

1.1 hugo
1.1.1 hugo
1.1.1.1 Panel Support  # (this is my actual Heading4 text)
#(body of my paragraph follows)
1.2 hugo
1.2.1 hugo
#(body of my paragraph follows)

Now, I will back-track to find out what chnage between the Forrest OpenOffice file and my
own OpenOfice file has broken the Heading2 and Heading3 presentation, and introduced our friend
Hugo. But in the mean time, any pointers would be appreciated..

The rendered HTML includes this:

<tbody>
<h4>hugo</h4>
</tbody>
<h4>hugo</h4>
<h5>Panel Support</h5>

(PS - should I send this sort of issue to the users list or the dev list, or does it not matter?)

Charles