forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Palmer" <char...@dspdesign.com>
Subject Use of site: linking with <figure src= tag?
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:18:03 GMT
Team

Having discovered how useful the href="site: construction is (with site.xml resolving the
symbolic to physical mapping), I tried it with a link to an image as well - thinking that
if I could refer to a file or another HTML document using this position-independent format
then it would be useful for links to images as well.

It didn't seem to work.

I haven't done much investigation, but:

1    Should I expect <figure src="site:name_of_image /> links to work?

2    If not, would this be worth considering for the future? I grant you I'm rather naive,
but maybe there isn't much difference to how "href=" and "src=" are processed?src=

Charles