forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Palmer" <char...@dspdesign.com>
Subject Re: Passing value of property to site.xml???
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:04:42 GMT
Perhaps this could also be dealt with by the XInclude mechanism, described
here: http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-xinclude-20040413/ which should allow
flexible text substitution.

Problem is, I wasn't able to make it work myself - can anyone provide a
working example? I am copying here something from an earlier posting of mine
on this subject:

There is an entry here: http://forrest.apache.org/changes.html that says
this:

"Added XInclude capability to the documents. Remember to disable validations
for files with xincludes as the xinclude is not performed during validation.
(NKB)"

I added a new file (xi.xml) to the standard forrest seed files (in
src/documentation/content/xdocs/samples/) , with this snippet:

  <xi:include href="test.xml" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude" >
    <xi:fallback>
      If you see this, the include has failed.
    </xi:fallback>
  </xi:include>

I also disabled validation in forrest.properties. Something of the xi
process is working, because I get the fallback message printed. I've tried a
number of variations in terms of placing test.xml in different places,
referring to it with different hrefs, but no luck.

Would it be possible for somone to correct my sample, and provide a suitable
test.xml file and tell me where to put it, so I can make this example work.

Charles