forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Querry reg Site structure.
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:51:41 GMT
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Angeshwar Deepak wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Consider I have a directory structure like this
>
> c:\test\logging\
> c:\test\logging\build\
> c:\test\logging\build\test\report\html\logging\findbugs
> c:\test\logging\build\test\report\html\logging\javadocs
> c:\test\logging\build\test\report\html\logging\pmd
> .....and so on

> So links in the index.html points to files in logging.

> Only now I came to know that there will be many more
> dirctories like 'logging'.
> i.e. I will be running the forrest not in the
> c:\test\logging\
> directory, but rather in c:\test\

You have two logging directories and this is confusing things.  This is
what I would do.  Have c:\test\PROJECT_NAME for each PROJECT_NAME and the
site.xml for each one will be like:

<site>
<reports label="Reports" href="reports/">
 <pmd label="PMD" href="pmd/index.html"/>
 <findbugs label="Findbugs" href="findbugs/index.html"/>
</reports>
</site>

Since the site.xml is the same, you probably want to have a simple script
that copies the site.xml (and tab.xml and anything else in common) from a
seperate, shared directory (mayb c:\test\common) and then run forrest.

I don't think you need to change the build directory.  After it is built
to build/site you copy it to the final hosting location.  (You can
automate this using forrestbot; this corresponds to the 'deploy'
workstage).

Using forrestbot can also help with getting common files set up.
Forrestbot uses ant, so you can use <import> to share common functionality
for each projects' forrestbot buildfile.  And one of those common tasks
would be to copy the common files.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal