forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Hare, Michael" <Michael.H...@fnc.fujitsu.com>
Subject Building and Using from SVN
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:25:02 GMT
Hi,

I seem to be having a problem running the latest forrest from svn.

My environment is:
Windows XP + cygwin
Tomcat 5.0.27
Apache 1.0.50 w/JK2 connector
Sun JAVA JDK 1.4.2_05

I have Cocoon 2.1.5.1 installed and the samples work
I have been using forrest 0.5.1, and it works fine.

I changed the variable: FORREST_HOME to point to the 0.6  location:
C:\Programs\ApacheGroup\forrest\src\core
and C:\Programs\ApacheGroup\forrest\src\core\bin is in my path

I do not see an error when getting the updates from svn, I've even wiped out
the previous 0.6 and pulled a completely new snapshot from svn.
I can build the svn snapshot without any errors.
I created a new directory (C:\Forrest6) away from my previous forrest site
(D:\Inetpub\Forrest)

I get an error message:

eval: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

when I type 'forrest seed' or even 'forrest -projecthelp' in C:\Forrest6

Something is fundementally wrong with my environment, but I don't know what
it is.

Any Ideas?

Michael Hare

GnuPG Key fingerprint = 1AD4 726D E359 A31D 05BF  ACE5 CA93 7AD5 D8E3 A876

 <<Hare, Michael.vcf>>