forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen Schaub" <stephen_schaub...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How to add a feedback link to each page
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 14:05:34 GMT
I didn't get any feedback on my original post yet; let me try again to see
if I can word the question better.

I have figured out how to add a website feedback e-mail link to the bottom
of every page in my Forrest site by editing the following stylesheet:

forrest-0.5.1\context\skins\forrest-site\xslt\html\site2xhtml.xsl

This works, but there are two problems I need solved:

1. Editing the standard forrest-site stylesheet affects all sites generated
by this Forrest installation, and also makes it necessary for others who
must generate the website from the sources to edit their installation's
forrest-site stylesheet, which is undesirable. How can I put a
site2xhtml.xsl in my forrest site's src directory tree, and tell Forrest to
use that version rather than the default?

2. I can generate a generic site-feedback e-mail link in the footer of each
page like this:
  Send feedback to <a href="mailto:webmaster@foo.com">webmaster@foo.com</a>
But what I would like to do is create a page-specific link that plugs the
filename of the page into the subject line, so the user doesn't have to
specify it. Is this possible?

Finally,

Is there a better way to do this than editing this stylesheet? Maybe there's
some Forrest property I'm missing that allows customizing the footer some
other way.

I would be very grateful for any tips from the Forrest community on how to
solve these issues.

Stephen