forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Querry reg Site structure.
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 16:37:34 GMT
Angeshwar Deepak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got what you said. The only problem is consider my
> site.xml file as
>
> <site>
>  <reports label="Reports" href="reports/">
>   <pmd label="PMD" href="pmd/index.html"/>
>   <findbugs label="Findbugs"
>  href="findbugs/index.html"/>
>  </reports>
> </site>

Looks good.

> As I said earlier I will be having only 1 site.xml in
> a common folder above c:\test directory. So I will be
> copying site.xml to the working directory.

Good.

> In the site.xml file the 'href="reports" ' has to
> change dynamically. i.e. when I am in
>
> c:\test\logging\
>
> directory, the href should point to 'logging'
> similarly when I am in
> c:\test\integration\-it should point to 'integration'
> c:\test\dataf\-it should point to dataf
> .....and so on

I don't think it has to change.  logging, integration, and dataf will
each have their own independent forrest sites.  If you want to combine
them all, then we have a problem.. :-)

Each project will build this (replace X with projectname):

c:\test\X\build\site\index.html
c:\test\X\build\site\reports\pmd\index.html
c:\test\X\build\site\reports\findbugs\index.html

I don't know what your webserver is like, but something like this is
where you'd copy it to:

c:\web\index.html - main page with links to each project site
c:\web\logging\* - copied from c:\test\logging\build\site\
c:\web\integration\* - copied from c:\test\integration\build\site\
c:\web\dataf\* - copied from c:\test\dataf\build\site\

I hope that makes sense!

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming