forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: forrestbot for lenya
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:10:39 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:

> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>> Hello group,
>>
>> I would like to use the forrestbot for updating the lenya website.
>>
>> Is there a possibility to use a global apache forrestbot that will
>> take care of the genaration and deployment of the lenya site? Or do I
>> have to install it in my pc and run it from there?
>>

> See the recent "[Proposal] forrestbot at apache.org" thread on
> dev@forrest.  I am going to start the discuss on infrastucture.

I saw that is the reason why ask here whether you see a possibility to
use an existing one now. Maybe the one that is deploying our (the
forrest) site ;-).

> Setting up the forrestbot is not that.  The web interface is just
> that, an interface.  So it's very unlikely that you need to go through
> the effort to set it up.

I do not want to use or set up the web interface for the moment.

> A lenya buildfile and maybe a scheduled job is all you need.

Yeah, that is what I understood from
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/forrestbot.html.  It states
forrest -f mybuildfile.xml
to execute the bot, right? Can I just add that to the crontab for my
user@minotaurus? With other work is there forrest installed at apache?

Or is it that I will add it to my local crontab and deploy the site from
home (or wherever I will set up the machine doing the task)?

How are you (or better forrest) doing it to deploy it?

TIA

King regards
thorsten