forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Could not validate document...error
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:06:13 GMT
Angeshwar Deepak wrote:
> Hi,
> [...]
>
> But I still get the error could not validate document
> error.
> D:\deepak\buildProcess_2\_lib\build\apache-forrest-0.5.1-bin\forrest.build.xml:851:
> Could not validate document D:\deepa
> k\buildProcess_2\logging\src\documentation\content\xdocs\download.xml
>
> Can someone suggest me where the problem lies.

Hi (what the forename?) Deepak,

just a guess:

I think actually your proplems lies that your download.xml is not valid!
Have a look at http://forrest.apache.org/docs/catalog.html and if you
are using eclipse
http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=forrest-dev@xml.apache.org&by=thread&from=823182

or http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listId=65&msgNo=12608 on
how you can activate the validation in your IDE.

some reason for validation problems that I had were:
- I defined a new element in my skinconf.xml and forgot to add it to the
  skinconfig-v06-2.dtd.
- I used two times my new element <disable-font-script/>. The error
message were like yours. I violated above dtd with using it two times.
- I forgot to close a tag (<tag> but *no* </tag> or vice versa). The
same error msg.
- I used special character like ä, á, ñ, ... You have to declare that as
entity or use &#...; instead. I use eclipse and the xml-buddy let you
format xml, so I just format my xml and all special character are
translated.

HTH
thorsten

--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>
  <country>Spain</country>
  <@mail>thorsten.at.apache.org</@mail>
  <@cocoon-WIKI>
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Scherler
</@cocoon-WIKI>
  <acronymfinder>
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Find=Find&Acronym=
  </acronymfinder>
  <motto>
    "My task which I am trying to achieve is,
     by the power of the written word,
     [...] to make you see."
     *Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>