forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: CSS-Files
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:26:42 GMT
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

>hi list,
>
>i am new to forrest. it is really a great tool
>and well documented. however, one i am missing
>
>the CSS-thing.

Just get a new version of forrest. Read
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html!
There you will find:

<extra-css>
  </extra-css>

There you have to provide your custom css! That's it ;-).

BTW latest in 0.7 (if we are fast enough in 0.6) there will be a new
css-style skin. That will be all <div/> based (no tables at all). With
that it should be even more easier to change the look'n feel. We will
use standard naming convention for it that are right now developed.
Afterwards you just have to develope your css ones and keep it for ever
;-).

>i saw some *differend* sites, build via forrest
>but with differend look-n-feel.

in the same site like above mentioined you will find:

<colors>
  <!-- CSS coloring examples omitted for brevity -->
  </colors>

That section is for changing the look and feel of each skin (supported
by krysalis and tigris skin).
do:
/forrest seed/
/forrest/
and edit the skinconf.xml. Play around and you will see how to change
the look'n feel.

>http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/
>
>http://xml.apache.org/
>or
>http://tomcat.objektpark.org/
>
>i personaly like the first one!
>so, what is todo, to become a site,
>that looks like POI-Page?

Looks that they are using the tigris-site skin as base and customized
it! If you want to have the exact skin ask the guys from poi to send it
to you.

Note: The skins are normally released based. Trying to say if you have a
custom skin the chances you may run into problems in future updates of
forrest are high.

HTH
thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Informaci├│n S.A.U.