forrest-user mailing list archives

From Maxime Levesque <maxime.leves...@webhelp.com>
Subject multilingual sites
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 23:26:35 GMT

 Before I go any further : Forrest Rules !

 Thanks to all for this great tool !

I was already sold to cocoon, and Forrest is definitely
a nice extension to a powerfull framework

Now my question :

 Is there some facility in Forrest (or at the Cocoon level)
for multilingual sites ?

 The way I would envision such a feature is a mechanism like :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V1.2//EN"
"http://apache.org/forrest/dtd/document-v12.dtd">
<document>
  <header></header>
    <section>
      <title></title>
    </section>
</document>

 Where a parallel site gets created for each language,
but where the content (like xdocs) for each language can be embeded in a
same
document.

 It looks like a simple xslt transformer could preprocess the content
and separate the content into multiple parallell trees. But
if there's already something for this, I might as well use it !

 Thanks