forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: PNG in PDF broken
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 12:34:04 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>> Jupp, now I did read it again ;-)
>>>
>>> ...but it stated:
>>> "To get PNGs working in PDFs with Jimi:
>>>
>>> Download Jimi from http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/
>>> Unpack the Jimi distribution and copy JimiProClasses.zip to
>>> lib/optional/jimi-1.0.jar (or to src/documentation/lib/jimi-1.0.jar
>>> so that each developer does not need to modify their Forrest
>>> installation).
>>>
>>> Rebuild Forrest (if you used the lib/optional/ option above)."
>>>
>>> The approach of copying to src/documentation/lib/jimi-1.0.jar does
>>> *NOT* work for me with latest svn trunk. I had to copy to
>>> $forrest_home/lib/optional and rebuild forrest to make it work.
>>>

>> Aha, we will need to change the docs then. However, this is
>> a symptom of a bigger issue: projects once used to have
>> all sorts of powers. With the new copyless, we are
>> limiting that.
>>

> Another think that I just found is:
>
> If I do not declare in forrest.properties:
> project.images-dir=${project.xdocs-dir}/images
>
> the *.png will not be rendered in pdf!
>
> Can anybody confirm that before I fill out an issue?

So you had your images in src/documentation/xdocs/images?

src/documentation/resources/images is the standard location for images.
  You should put them there and not have to change project.images-dir.
Unless you want to change the images dir, of course.

http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html#images documents this.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming