forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: PNG in PDF broken
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 07:44:14 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>

>>David Crossley wrote:

>>>Before we discuss further, did you see the FAQs about this?
>>>http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#pdf_images
>>>

>>Jupp, now I did read it again ;-)
>>
>>...but it stated:
>>"To get PNGs working in PDFs with Jimi:
>>
>>Download Jimi from http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/
>>Unpack the Jimi distribution and copy JimiProClasses.zip to
>>lib/optional/jimi-1.0.jar (or to src/documentation/lib/jimi-1.0.jar so
>>that each developer does not need to modify their Forrest installation).
>>
>>Rebuild Forrest (if you used the lib/optional/ option above)."
>>
>>The approach of copying to src/documentation/lib/jimi-1.0.jar does *NOT*
>>work for me with latest svn trunk. I had to copy to
>>$forrest_home/lib/optional and rebuild forrest to make it work.
>>

>Aha, we will need to change the docs then. However, this is
>a symptom of a bigger issue: projects once used to have
>all sorts of powers. With the new copyless, we are
>limiting that.

Another think that I just found is:

If I do not declare in forrest.properties:
project.images-dir=${project.xdocs-dir}/images

the *.png will not be rendered in pdf!

Can anybody confirm that before I fill out an issue?

TIA!

thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la InformaciĆ³n S.A.U.