forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: How to add a feedback link to each page
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 06:38:25 GMT
Stephen Schaub wrote:

>I didn't get any feedback on my original post yet; let me try again to see
>if I can word the question better.
>
>I have figured out how to add a website feedback e-mail link to the bottom
>of every page in my Forrest site by editing the following stylesheet:
>
>forrest-0.5.1\context\skins\forrest-site\xslt\html\site2xhtml.xsl
>
>This works, but there are two problems I need solved:
>
>1. Editing the standard forrest-site stylesheet affects all sites generated
>by this Forrest installation, and also makes it necessary for others who
>must generate the website from the sources to edit their installation's
>forrest-site stylesheet, which is undesirable. How can I put a
>site2xhtml.xsl in my forrest site's src directory tree, and tell Forrest to
>use that version rather than the default?

Hello Stephen,

have a look at http://forrest.apache.org/docs/forrest-contract.html!

...try to install the skin (that you have used to add the feedback link)
for your local installation in
{YourProject}/src/documentation/skin/{yourSkin}. Then you provide your
own skin for everyone of your project. I think you have to rename it
(e.g. if you used the krysalis site and changed the site2xhtml.xsl than
copy it to the above mentioned dir and rename it like myKrysalis and use
the project.skin=myKrysalis.

Using that example it would gives you:

{YourProject}/src/documentation/skin/myKrysalis/(css/images/...)

>2. I can generate a generic site-feedback e-mail link in the footer of each
>page like this:
>  Send feedback to <a href="mailto:webmaster@foo.com">webmaster@foo.com</a>
>But what I would like to do is create a page-specific link that plugs the
>filename of the page into the subject line, so the user doesn't have to
>specify it. Is this possible?

Jupp it is!

...but I do not how ;-)
Sorry.

Maybe someoneelse has an idea!?!

>Finally,
>
>Is there a better way to do this than editing this stylesheet? Maybe there's
>some Forrest property I'm missing that allows customizing the footer some
>other way.
>
>I would be very grateful for any tips from the Forrest community on how to
>solve these issues.

In the above mentioned usecase I reckon there is no other way in doing
that!

...but I am thinking whether it makes sense to introduce something like
<footer-extra><a href="..."/></footer-extra> in the skinconf.xml for
usecases like you have.

HTH

If you have problems, please report back!

TIA

king regards
thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la InformaciĆ³n S.A.U.