forrest-user mailing list archives

From Angeshwar Deepak <angesh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Querry reg Site structure.
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:55:27 GMT
Hi,

Consider I have a directory structure like this

c:\test\logging\
c:\test\logging\build\
c:\test\logging\build\test\report\html\logging\findbugs
c:\test\logging\build\test\report\html\logging\javadocs
c:\test\logging\build\test\report\html\logging\pmd
.....and so on

I dont run forrest seed, but rather simply copy
the required xml files and images from a parent
directory
above test directory i.e. I manually create
../../logging/build/tmp/context/content/xdocs
../../logging/src/documentation/content/xdocs

Under the xdocs directory, I have a directory
structure
as
../../content/xdocs/logging/findbugs
../../content/xdocs/logging/pmd
../../content/xdocs/logging/junit

and so on and on

I am presently running the forrest from the
c:\test\logging\
directory.

So I have a structure as
D:\test\logging\src\documentation\content\xdocs
is ${project.content-dir}
Where all the xml,ihtml, images are stored.

and
c:\test\logging\
is ${project.home}

The final site is genetarted in the directory

D:\test\logging\build\test\report\html\index.html
Under this I have directories
c:\test\logging\build\test\report\html\logging\findbugs
c:\test\logging\build\test\report\html\logging\javadocs
c:\test\logging\build\test\report\html\logging\pmd

So links in the index.html points to files in logging.

So far its clear.

Only now I came to know that there will be many more
dirctories like 'logging'.
i.e. I will be running the forrest not in the
c:\test\logging\
directory, but rather in c:\test\

So the properties should be generic.
i.e. under each directory like logging a site will be
generated
and all the pages should link with one another.
How do I make the set up generic.

Rightn now in my site.xml I have something like
<logmessages label="Logmessages"
href="logging/messages/logmessages.html"
description="LogMessage Report"/>
This generates a right link

However in the same file if I have
<logmessages label="Logmessages"
href="appintegration/messages/logmessages.html"
description="LogMessage Report"/>

It will show a error since I am not in the
appintegration directory and forrest cant find any
file
as I am in the logging directory.(i.e. there is no
directory as appintegration in my current working
directory)

So how can I make the links in site.xml generic so
that it forrest runs from any base directory without
any conflicts.

Kindly excuse me for the unclear explanation,
tree command does not work in my pc.

bye,
with regards,
Deepak.