forrest-user mailing list archives

From Angeshwar Deepak <angesh...@yahoo.com>
Subject BROKEN: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.-Problem
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2004 15:50:32 GMT
Hi,

I am not sure if I should pose this question here.
I have a java file which I have converted to html
using java2html tool. I have to include this html to
my forrest project site.

I tried to rename the .html as .ehtml and put that in
the content/xdocs dir so that a new html file will be
generated by the stylesheets of forrest.

(I did similar to the one shown by Mr.Kyle Downey in
Onjava article on forrest)(he creates a file called
article.ehtml)

The only difference is that I dont write a .ehtml
file, but rename the html as ehtml.
But I got the error

X [0]                       test\test.html
BROKEN: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.

The problem should be with the html file. So I used
Tidy.jar to make the html file well formed and then
rename it to .ehtml. I do all these in ant build on
the fly but again I get the same error.

Where does the problem lie? Or is my approch to
generate the html file for the project completely
wrong?

Or is something wrong in my ant build process.

bye,
with regards,
Deepak.