forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: BROKEN: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.-Problem
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 02:39:17 GMT
Angeshwar Deepak wrote:
> I am not sure if I should pose this question here.
> I have a java file which I have converted to html
> using java2html tool. I have to include this html to
> my forrest project site.
> I tried to rename the .html as .ehtml and put that in
> the content/xdocs dir so that a new html file will be
> generated by the stylesheets of forrest.

The "ehtml" is not used with Forrest anymore.

You probably want "ihtml" extension. See the notes

There is one example of our ithml in the demo site
created by 'forrest seed'. There is another example

One note. Make sure that your html file uses H1 headings,
as that is what triggers the generation of <section>

> (I did similar to the one shown by Mr.Kyle Downey in
> Onjava article on forrest)(he creates a file called
> article.ehtml)
> The only difference is that I dont write a .ehtml
> file, but rename the html as ehtml.
> But I got the error
> X [0]                       test\test.html
> BROKEN: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
> The problem should be with the html file. So I used
> Tidy.jar to make the html file well formed and then
> rename it to .ehtml. I do all these in ant build on
> the fly but again I get the same error.
> Where does the problem lie? Or is my approch to
> generate the html file for the project completely
> wrong?
> Or is something wrong in my ant build process.
> bye,
> with regards,
> Deepak.

View raw message