forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Eike Stepper" <step...@esc-net.de>
Subject Re: can i use the trunk?
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:34:26 GMT
"David Crossley" <crossley@apache.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1087822108.1555.2429.camel@ighp...
> Eike Stepper wrote:
> > i'm quite new to forrest and had just managed to build
> > a first small site with the forrest-0.5.1-bin release. now
> > i have tried to use the trunk version of forrest from svn.
>
> This can certainly be done. Have you followed the
> document called upgrading_06.html ?

no, i will look for it and come back if there are open questions...

> > it appears that not all of the raw files are copied to the
> > build folder, but only the ones directly referenced by some
> > xdocs.
>
> There should be no copying at all. If a few things are
> still being copied, then they are glitches that we are
> gradually fixing in the build process.

i suppose that the above mentioned doc will make it clear.

> > ... that is fatal for my javadocs.
>
> Not sure what you mean by that.

i've set up the forrest.properties with:

    project.raw-content-dir=${project.content-dir}/content/raw
    project.xdocs-dir=${project.content-dir}/content/xdocs

and my build script generates the javadocs to
${project.content-dir}/content/raw/docs/api.
when i run "forrest" only the directly referenced htmls are copied
to build/site/...

> > is there an undocumented switch?
> >
> > btw. is there a place where i can tweak the generated pdfs?
> > (their appearance is rather evil, no margins...)
>
> Better to use separate emails for separate topics.

next time ;-)

> Yes the PDF margins definitely need some work.
> Do you want to help?

i'd like to but i'm totally busy with two other open source projects:
http://net4j.berlios.de and http://developer.berlios.de/projects/cdo

> The values are set in skinconf.xml and applied by
> src/core/context/skins/common/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl
> However it appears that these values are being ignored.
>
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira//secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-138

i've tried to vote for it, but the issue tracker keeps saying:
"If you were logged in you would be able to see more functions."

ciao
/eike