forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Thorsten Vogel" <tv...@web.de>
Subject PDF Rendering Bug?
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:49:19 GMT
Apologies if this has been posted before, but i am pretty new on this list.

There appears to be a PDF rendering bug in forrest:

When using GIF files with docbook style xml, forrest locks up until running
out of memory while generating the PDF from the xml source.

This appears to occur when:

The gif image file is too large in 2 dimensions for the PDF file, normal when
an image is too tall or too wide,  it scales it automatically, but if it is
too large in both dimensions, it cannot handle it and locks up.

I got around it by making sure that all my images were no larger than 500
pixels in more than one dimension. those are not the exact allowed dimensions,
but it worked.

Can anyone shed some light on this limitation? Any workarounds or best
practices when using images in PDFs?

Thanks in advance,

Thorsten