forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Longman" <glong...@intelligentworks.com>
Subject newbie with some questions
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 19:48:48 GMT
Just downloaded Forrest and playing with it now. Evaluating Forrest as a tool to generate documentation
for my Eclipse plug-in (http://spindle.sourceforge.net).

Here are some questions that I have not found answers for yet. Warning, my knowledge of XSL
is minimal at best so if these questions are dumb, just say so!

1. Is it possible to build a version of a static site that has no tabs (or toc) and one that
does? The docs delivered with the plugin would not need the tabs but the version on the Spindle
website would need them.

2. How hard would it be to generate an eclipse specific toc file (a simple xml file in a format
Eclipse understands) from the site.xml. this toc file would replace the tabs that normally
appear in a Forrest generated site.

3. Is there a "skinning Forrest for dummies" link somewhere? Need to build a *very* simple
skin that looks like the page at the following link: http://spindle.sourceforge.net/jettylauncher/

Thx,

Geoff

Geoffrey Longman