forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Use of anchors with site: links
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 12:47:38 GMT
On Wed, 26 May 2004, Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:

> I've attempted to create links of the form:
>
> <link href="site:rules#Translators">translator</link>
>
> But got the error
>
>      [java] X [0]                       descriptor.html BROKEN: Invalid XPath:
> '/site//rules#Translators/@href'. Invalid symbol '#' after: '/site//rules'
>
> I feel this is a bug in Forrest ... it should allow and honor the anchor reference, or
provide
> another attribute on the <link> element for this purpose. Am I missing something?

While not as elegant, you can still achieve the same effect with this
(taken from forrest's own site.xml):

<site label="Forrest" href=""
xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0" tab="home">

  <about label="About">
    <index label="Index" href="index.html"/>
    <license label="License" href="license.html"/>
    <download label="Download"
href="http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xml/forrest/"/>
    <who label="Who we are" href="who.html"/>
    <faq label="FAQs" href="faq.html">
      <docbook href="#docbook"/>
      <ignoring_javadocs href="#ignoring_javadocs"/>
      <link_raw href="#link_raw"/>
      <pdf_images href="#pdf_images"/>
    </faq>
  </about>
</site>

Then you can do something like:
<link href="site:faq/link_raw">raw files</link>

I think it putting it as another attribute would be a nice feature,
though.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal