forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with buttons and transform to PDF
Date Sat, 22 May 2004 05:07:24 GMT
Timofey Rodionov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got some problems with Forrest and thus I'm writing hoping to
> find answers to my questions. And the questions are:

I cannot help with the first question, sorry. Perhaps someone else can.

> 2)I had a problem which shortly can be explained like this: Tab3-Dir
> was set to NSS and I stored my files in my-project/content/xdocs/nss
> accordingly, but then I tried to load my page with images, they did
> not displayed on the screen. I checked properties of the box at the
> page, where the image should have been. And I found what it's location
> my-project/nss. The way I fix it was (I think) not obvious and proper
> - I edited "resources.xmap" and added following:
>

>       <map:match pattern="**nss-images/**.*">
>
>         <map:read src="content/xdocs/nss/images/{2}.{3}"
>
> mime-type="image/{3}" />
>
>       </map:match>
>
> After that the images displayed at the web-page and that was what I
> wanted. But the PDF-button functions now with errors - it's not
> showing pictures at PDF file. It found the block I need at
> "document2fo.xsl" concerning imgpath, but I do not want to edit it
> without any advise.
>
> Could you tell me how to change this block, or comment my way to make
> pictures displaying - it seems to me that it could be done in other
> fashion.

I gather that you are using version forrest-0.5.1

When you build the Forrest's documentation:
 cd xml-forrest; ./build.sh; forrest
then you will see an example of using local images.
Go to the "Samples" tab and see the "How to with images".

You should not need to changes any "resources.xmap", nor any
other sitemap, nor any XSL stylesheets. It should just work.
I think that the images need to be in a relative directory
called "my-images".

If you are interested to see how that works behind-the-scenes,
then you can find the files that are involved by doing
 cd xml-forrest; find . -type f | xargs grep "my-images"

Also make sure that you have followed
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/faq.html#pdf_images

--David