forrest-svn mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From cross...@apache.org
Subject svn commit: r279267 [2/3] - in /forrest/events/forrest-tuesday-20050906: ./ forrest-tuesday-20050906-irc.txt
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 07:32:08 GMT

Added: forrest/events/forrest-tuesday-20050906/forrest-tuesday-20050906-irc.txt
URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs/forrest/events/forrest-tuesday-20050906/forrest-tuesday-20050906-irc.txt?rev=279267&view=auto
==============================================================================
--- forrest/events/forrest-tuesday-20050906/forrest-tuesday-20050906-irc.txt (added)
+++ forrest/events/forrest-tuesday-20050906/forrest-tuesday-20050906-irc.txt Wed Sep  7 00:31:52 2005
@@ -0,0 +1,2070 @@
+**** BEGIN LOGGING AT Tue Sep  6 16:49:00 2005
+
+Sep 06 16:49:00 -->	You are now talking on #for-s
+Sep 06 16:49:00 ---	Topic for #for-s is #channelname ForrestTuesday: XHTML2 core and Jira cleanup
+Sep 06 16:49:00 ---	Topic for #for-s set by xley at Tue Sep  6 15:47:09
+Sep 06 16:53:00 ---	xley has changed the topic to: ForrestTuesday: XHTML2 core and Jira cleanup
+Sep 06 17:14:27 -->	diwaker (n=diwaker@67.188.127.45) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 17:14:33 <diwaker>	hey david
+Sep 06 17:14:38 <diwaker>	looks like i'm the first one :-)
+Sep 06 17:14:46 <xley>	hi Diwaker, you are
+Sep 06 17:15:25 <diwaker>	btw, your mail said irc.freenode.net; i had trouble connecting. i usually connect to irc.freenode.org
+Sep 06 17:16:18 <xley>	Mmmm, i connected no trouble form two separate clients. Dunno.
+Sep 06 17:16:59 <diwaker>	yeah, no biggie
+Sep 06 17:17:23 <diwaker>	i'm not going to be around for most of the time though :( but i'll follow the logs later on
+Sep 06 17:20:03 <xley>	how long do you have now, what time is it for you (late at night i suppose)
+Sep 06 17:20:57 <xley>	late afternoon for me
+Sep 06 17:21:15 <diwaker>	its 11:21pm here (i'm in northern california right now)
+Sep 06 17:21:23 <diwaker>	i have maybe 2 hrs at most right now
+Sep 06 17:21:51 <diwaker>	and maybe a couple of hours at the end of the 24 hr slot
+Sep 06 17:21:58 -->	rgardler (n=rgardler@ip-213-92-134-135.aramiska-arc.aramiska.net) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 17:22:13 <diwaker>	hey ross!
+Sep 06 17:22:16 <rgardler>	Hurray, I made it in (never used IRC before!)
+Sep 06 17:22:27 <xley>	hi ross
+Sep 06 17:22:42 <rgardler>	Hello all, I may come and go I'm on a dodgey wireless connection
+Sep 06 17:23:01 <xley>	i am reasonably new to IRC too
+Sep 06 17:23:18 <rgardler>	How do I catch up (see logs)?
+Sep 06 17:23:42 <xley>	Diwaker an i didn't talk about anything of note yet
+Sep 06 17:24:14 <diwaker>	yeah, i walked in like 10 min back
+Sep 06 17:24:40 <xley>	i am capturing log and will upload to our "events" SVN from time-to-time
+Sep 06 17:24:58 <rgardler>	OK. I'm only here for about 40 mins, so I'm going to skip the pleasantries and get on with some work
+Sep 06 17:25:13 <diwaker>	i'm not an IRC expert, but AFAIK you can't go back and look at the logs from your IRC client
+Sep 06 17:25:31 <xley>	yes, if your connection stays up
+Sep 06 17:26:30 <rgardler>	I thought I would create the internal view plugin and we could start of by doing a simple XHTML2 to HTML conversion using Gavs XHTML2 page. In the meantime we need to think about what the full processing pipeline will look like
+Sep 06 17:29:05 <xley>	okay, good first step. I am re-reading your mail yesterday about whether branch or not.
+Sep 06 17:29:37 <rgardler>	OK, I'm proceeding, but I will not commit until I get feedback from you and diwaker
+Sep 06 17:31:44 <diwaker>	sounds good. if you don't actively hear from me, assume lazy concensus.
+Sep 06 17:31:45 -->	x-targe1 (n=thorsten@d83-180-131-226.cust.tele2.es) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 17:32:00 ---	x-targe1 is now known as thorste1
+Sep 06 17:32:05 <diwaker>	hey thorsten
+Sep 06 17:32:18 ---	thorste1 is now known as thorstenS
+Sep 06 17:32:23 <thorstenS>	hi diwaker
+Sep 06 17:32:25 <thorstenS>	:)
+Sep 06 17:32:31 <thorstenS>	nice meeting you
+Sep 06 17:32:36 <xley>	So ross, how will we give feedback
+Sep 06 17:32:40 <thorstenS>	what is it
+Sep 06 17:32:46 <thorstenS>	hey all
+Sep 06 17:32:58 <xley>	thorstenS: hi, you haven't missed anything
+Sep 06 17:33:08 <thorstenS>	jeje
+Sep 06 17:33:32 <diwaker>	ross is just getting started on an internal view plugin: "I thought I would create the internal view plugin and we could start of by doing a simple XHTML2 to HTML conversion using Gavs XHTML2 page. In the meantime we need to think about what the full processing pipeline will look like"
+Sep 06 17:33:51 <rgardler>	Welcome Thorsten. 
+Sep 06 17:34:03 <thorstenS>	hi ross
+Sep 06 17:34:32 <thorstenS>	the only bummer is that I need to go to work :(
+Sep 06 17:34:42 <rgardler>	IAs diwaker said, I'm creating a new plugin as discussed. David is thinking about if it is the right approach, so I'm waiting for feedback on that. 
+Sep 06 17:35:02 <rgardler>	David - if it is "Go for it" do it here, if it is a discussion I suppose mail is better
+Sep 06 17:35:22 <rgardler>	Thorsten - before you go to work can you upload your partially refactored sitemaps for views to an issue for us
+Sep 06 17:35:23 <xley>	thorstenS: can you pop in later
+Sep 06 17:35:41 <thorstenS>	sure
+Sep 06 17:35:49 <thorstenS>	i will be online all day
+Sep 06 17:36:15 <thorstenS>	but cannot work 100% on forrest at working hours
+Sep 06 17:36:26 <thorstenS>	diwaker btw <!-- Fixes FOR-555. This might not be the best solution though, but it sure works -->
+Sep 06 17:36:34 <thorstenS>	that is good as gold :)
+Sep 06 17:36:37 <thorstenS>	cheers
+Sep 06 17:36:56 <xley>	i meant after work. I hope to stay up late tonight - it is late afternoon here now.
+Sep 06 17:37:10 <diwaker>	just trying to learn by example :-)
+Sep 06 17:37:20 <thorstenS>	jeje
+Sep 06 17:37:28 <thorstenS>	xley of course
+Sep 06 17:37:39 <thorstenS>	ross +1 for the plugin
+Sep 06 17:37:54 <thorstenS>	I have some code that needs to go in there
+Sep 06 17:38:15 <thorstenS>	the new view dispatcher based on the lm
+Sep 06 17:38:17 <xley>	ross: we all know that plugins are the way to go, and that starting small is too, so yes.
+Sep 06 17:39:09 <rgardler>	Perhaps someone can put this first step on the wiki page so newcomers now where we are at. I'll commit the skeleton plugin now
+Sep 06 17:41:12 <rgardler>	See o.a.f.plugin.internal.xhtml2 (in whiteboard)
+Sep 06 17:41:31 <thorstenS>	ok
+Sep 06 17:41:34 <thorstenS>	svn up
+Sep 06 17:41:51 <rgardler>	It doesn't do anything yet, it just has Gavs example page in a samples directory. I'm about to add a pipeline and a very basic stylesheet
+Sep 06 17:42:15 <xley>	Ross: you dynamo - creating plugins in between brushing your teeth on the way to work.
+Sep 06 17:42:45 <rgardler>	:-))
+Sep 06 17:43:16 -->	ipv6guru (n=ipv6guru@203-59-250-35.dyn.iinet.net.au) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 17:44:22 <ipv6guru>	Hi Guys, Gavin here just saying hello for the moment and recording this early conversation while at work.
+Sep 06 17:44:46 <thorstenS>	hi gav
+Sep 06 17:44:57 <xley>	hi Gavin welcome, you haven't missed much talk
+Sep 06 17:45:41 <ipv6guru>	No problem , all familiar names here I see, nice to talk at last.
+Sep 06 17:45:59 <rgardler>	Hi Gavin, thanks for your XHTML page, I'm just pressing it into service :-)
+Sep 06 17:46:05 -->	cheche (n=cheche@80.174.108.189) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 17:46:06 <xley>	thanks for the xhtml2.xml etc. Good start.
+Sep 06 17:46:13 <cheche>	morning!
+Sep 06 17:46:22 <xley>	Hola
+Sep 06 17:46:38 <ipv6guru>	Needs more work of course, I'll add the rest later on.
+Sep 06 17:46:50 <thorstenS>	muy buenas cheche
+Sep 06 17:46:51 <cheche>	hola xley!
+Sep 06 17:46:58 <cheche>	hey thorstenS!
+Sep 06 17:47:06 <rgardler>	Welcome Cheche (hey I even know what Hola means!)
+Sep 06 17:47:34 <ipv6guru>	hello cheche, no idea what Hola means but I could guess
+Sep 06 17:47:49 <cheche>	hey ross, I though that the only spanish that you know was " dos cervezas por favor" (two beers please...)
+Sep 06 17:48:22 <ipv6guru>	Is there a better place for me to send updated xhtml2.xml file now, rather than my site.
+Sep 06 17:48:28 <cheche>	ipv6guru: means hello, but I guess that you knew aswell
+Sep 06 17:49:18 <cheche>	we could be working over svn right?
+Sep 06 17:49:38 <cheche>	I am going to start the bot program... 
+Sep 06 17:49:38 <rgardler>	Gav: yes, do svn up, you will get a new XHTML2 internal plugin in whiteboard, the file is now in a samples directory in the content (can someone close the issue whie I add this pipeline)
+Sep 06 17:49:59 <cheche>	I just need a name for the bot... 
+Sep 06 17:50:35 <ipv6guru>	ok will do, thanks.
+Sep 06 17:51:38 <xley>	cheche: make one up?
+Sep 06 17:52:29 <diwaker>	is the bot just for the log? i'll have a full log as well, just in case
+Sep 06 17:53:02 <thorstenS>	rgardler I added a locationmap to the plugin
+Sep 06 17:53:07 <diwaker>	hola cheche! hey gav
+Sep 06 17:53:19 <xley>	yes, we wanted to make sure we have a reliable log. I have a client log too.
+Sep 06 17:53:40 <cheche>	diwaker: apparently yes... 
+Sep 06 17:53:44 -->	forrFerd (n=forrFerd@a2125962191.net-htp.de) has joined #for-S
+Sep 06 17:54:06 <ipv6guru>	Hi Diwaker
+Sep 06 17:54:36 <cheche>	diwaker: it could be a keeper for the channel....
+Sep 06 17:54:57 <rgardler>	Thorsten: thanks, I just discovered the LM was missing and it caused an error - thanks (we need one in the tempalte, anyone care to log an issue for us)
+Sep 06 17:55:33 <rgardler>	Hola ferdinand (just showing of my new skills, I can't spell the German :-((
+Sep 06 17:55:51 <forrFerd>	morning everybody.
+Sep 06 17:56:03 <thorstenS>	ross said "in the tempalte"
+Sep 06 17:56:07 <ipv6guru>	Guten Tag, or something like that
+Sep 06 17:56:09 <thorstenS>	what do you mean
+Sep 06 17:56:11 <diwaker>	hey ferdinand; good to see everyone here... feels like a warm coffee shop now :-)
+Sep 06 17:56:22 <diwaker>	guten morgen
+Sep 06 17:56:27 <thorstenS>	guten morgeb
+Sep 06 17:56:30 <forrFerd>	just read my way into using irc for the first time, so bear with me
+Sep 06 17:56:39 <xley>	Good morning Ferdinand
+Sep 06 17:56:41 <thorstenS>	diwaker was living in germany for while, right?
+Sep 06 17:56:59 *	thorstenS is walking the dogs
+Sep 06 17:57:05 <diwaker>	yeah -- 3 months interning at univ. of dortmund
+Sep 06 17:57:09 <thorstenS>	back in a sec
+Sep 06 17:57:16 <rgardler>	Thorsten: I meant "in the plugin template"
+Sep 06 17:57:20 <diwaker>	though i just *could not* pick up any german beyond the regular greetings :-(
+Sep 06 17:57:23 <thorstenS>	I am coming from Hamm
+Sep 06 17:57:31 <thorstenS>	20 Km from dortmund
+Sep 06 17:57:48 <diwaker>	thorsten: thats cool
+Sep 06 17:58:07 <forrFerd>	... right next to the big nuclear power plant :-)
+Sep 06 17:58:29 <thorstenS>	jeje yeah
+Sep 06 17:58:52 <forrFerd>	I was born in Dortmund and lived there until I was 12 or so
+Sep 06 17:58:59 *	thorstenS thinks that explains well the mood swings sometimes ;-)
+Sep 06 17:59:00 <ipv6guru>	cheche : Has no-name bot started now
+Sep 06 17:59:17 *	thorstenS for him
+Sep 06 17:59:38 <cheche>	I was looking for a name in the imdb for the forrest gump movie
+Sep 06 17:59:49 <rgardler>	ALL: I seem to have broken my Forrest install (was doing some work on integrating blocks yesterday, broken the whole lot now :-(
+Sep 06 17:59:55 <forrFerd>	why is thorsten in italics? radiation slant?
+Sep 06 18:00:50 <thorstenS>	./me
+Sep 06 18:00:57 <thorstenS>	without the dot
+Sep 06 18:01:04 <thorstenS>	try it ;-)
+Sep 06 18:01:17 <thorstenS>	./me doing something
+Sep 06 18:01:20 <xley>	cheche: thanks
+Sep 06 18:01:28 *	thorstenS doing something
+Sep 06 18:01:44 <forrFerd>	.trying italics ...
+Sep 06 18:01:56 <forrFerd>	./ trying again
+Sep 06 18:02:01 <rgardler>	All: My intention with the plugin is that we create a simple transformation from XHTML2 -> HTML as a very simple starting point, we can then think about the full processing pipeline.
+Sep 06 18:02:28 <rgardler>	All: (sorry to not be joining in the pleasantries, I have to leave in a few minutes, I will be more relaxed when I come back)
+Sep 06 18:03:25 -->	nicolaken (n=chatzill@host190-154.pool80204.interbusiness.it) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 18:03:26 <rgardler>	All: I will add a few notes to the wiki page about what *I* thought we would do, this has not been discussed yet, so it is not meant as a set of instructions, just a suggestion
+Sep 06 18:03:45 <diwaker>	greetings nicola
+Sep 06 18:03:48 <xley>	Hi nicolaken
+Sep 06 18:03:50 <nicolaken>	ciao all
+Sep 06 18:04:09 -->	JennyCurran (n=eggdrop@80.174.108.189) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 18:04:11 <forrFerd>	Bon giorno, Nicola
+Sep 06 18:04:41 <rgardler>	Hi Nicola
+Sep 06 18:04:45 <nicolaken>	I'm at work, so I will not have 100% attention... I may take minutes to respond
+Sep 06 18:04:57 <nicolaken>	How unusual of me ;-P
+Sep 06 18:05:07 <rgardler>	All: We don't have a wiki page yet, will send a mail to the list
+Sep 06 18:05:35 <forrFerd>	I should be working on my long overdue project so I'll probably just drop in and out for some code-free comments :-)
+Sep 06 18:07:33 <forrFerd>	Good morning, Jenny, are you a regular on the Forrest-dev list?
+Sep 06 18:08:04 <cheche>	forrFerd: stop flirking.... she only knows about logging....
+Sep 06 18:08:13 <cheche>	is our secretary to keep notes :-)
+Sep 06 18:08:46 <forrFerd>	I thought IRC was doing that ....
+Sep 06 18:08:51 <xley>	that was funny - ferdinand i almost made the same mistake
+Sep 06 18:09:10 <ipv6guru>	cheche :Gary Sinese played Dan Taylor, Tom Hanks played Forrest Gump, dont know the woman lead, dth?
+Sep 06 18:09:30 <cheche>	ipv6guru: apparenly was the girlfriend...
+Sep 06 18:09:36 <cheche>	http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109830/
+Sep 06 18:11:08 <ipv6guru>	Ah, Jenny , ok my bad.
+Sep 06 18:11:10 <xley>	forrFerd: IRC does not log - your local client can be set to keep a long if you can maintain the connection. Cheche has a logger robot for us. A few of us have local logs too.
+Sep 06 18:11:19 <nicolaken>	I was thinking the other day...
+Sep 06 18:11:28 <nicolaken>	it's taking us too long now to go forward
+Sep 06 18:11:36 <nicolaken>	and I asked myself... why?
+Sep 06 18:11:44 <nicolaken>	We have the locationmap
+Sep 06 18:11:46 <nicolaken>	views
+Sep 06 18:11:49 <nicolaken>	xhtml2
+Sep 06 18:12:07 <nicolaken>	it seems we don't understand how to fit them all together
+Sep 06 18:12:12 <nicolaken>	conceptually yes, but practically
+Sep 06 18:12:17 <nicolaken>	it's a problem.
+Sep 06 18:12:21 <nicolaken>	So
+Sep 06 18:12:33 <nicolaken>	Since we have legacy stuff lying around
+Sep 06 18:12:43 <nicolaken>	I was thinking of starting a partial rewrite
+Sep 06 18:12:52 <nicolaken>	- calm down, no sweat -
+Sep 06 18:13:06 <nicolaken>	I mean rewriting the pipeline from scratch
+Sep 06 18:13:14 <nicolaken>	bit per bit
+Sep 06 18:13:19 <nicolaken>	by
+Sep 06 18:13:37 <nicolaken>	writing the rules we use as we go along
+Sep 06 18:13:49 <nicolaken>	the WD on our site could be a start
+Sep 06 18:14:00 <xley>	yeah i understood that from your email. that would be good then we can dump the rest with a sitemap cleanup later
+Sep 06 18:14:01 <nicolaken>	that's why we need the xhtml2 document
+Sep 06 18:14:12 <nicolaken>	xley: yup
+Sep 06 18:14:18 <rgardler>	+1 (see my mail to dev list, just posted) - I have to go out for 6-10 hours - Nicola is clearly thinking the sae way as I am so I'm sure I'll have lots to look at when I come back ;-)
+Sep 06 18:14:19 <nicolaken>	so that we can build on that
+Sep 06 18:14:39 <nicolaken>	;-) don't swear for it 
+Sep 06 18:15:16 <nicolaken>	Do we have a document that explains how we want the directory structure to be?
+Sep 06 18:15:27 <xley>	thanks Ross, i will call in from time-to-time throughout our night.
+Sep 06 18:15:28 <nicolaken>	or prior discussion
+Sep 06 18:15:41 <rgardler>	See you all soon
+Sep 06 18:15:47 <nicolaken>	bye
+Sep 06 18:15:50 <ipv6guru>	seeya ross
+Sep 06 18:16:05 <--	rgardler has quit ()
+Sep 06 18:16:42 <xley>	nicolaken: what directory structure?
+Sep 06 18:16:51 <nicolaken>	yes, that's the question
+Sep 06 18:16:53 <nicolaken>	;-)
+Sep 06 18:16:56 <nicolaken>	the site
+Sep 06 18:17:14 <xley>	why should it matter?
+Sep 06 18:17:17 <nicolaken>	ya know ye old content/xdocs/etc
+Sep 06 18:17:31 <nicolaken>	because it will be used in the pieline we are going to write
+Sep 06 18:17:37 *	thorstenS need to go to work now, will be back in ca. 1 hour
+Sep 06 18:17:38 <forrFerd>	are you talking about the simplification that we have talked about so often?
+Sep 06 18:17:39 <nicolaken>	pieline hehehe
+Sep 06 18:17:43 <nicolaken>	yes
+Sep 06 18:17:49 <thorstenS>	nicolaken yes +1
+Sep 06 18:17:58 <thorstenS>	 was thinking of starting a partial rewrite
+Sep 06 18:18:04 <forrFerd>	I thought that was topic for the next tuesday?
+Sep 06 18:18:11 <nicolaken>	anyone has pointers?
+Sep 06 18:18:49 <forrFerd>	you mean to that discussion?
+Sep 06 18:18:55 <nicolaken>	ForrFred: need that for the pipeline
+Sep 06 18:19:04 <thorstenS>	 In our case an old fashion skin are build by 4 different view helper
+Sep 06 18:19:04 <thorstenS>	 (book2menu.xsl, document2html.xsl, site2xhtml.xsl and tab2menu.xsl). In
+Sep 06 18:19:04 <thorstenS>	 this different files we have typically non modularized presentation
+Sep 06 18:19:04 <thorstenS>	 formatting logic.  
+Sep 06 18:19:07 <nicolaken>	>ForrFred: yes
+Sep 06 18:19:36 <thorstenS>	we need to find a way where we have a certain processing of this 4 stylesheets
+Sep 06 18:19:46 <forrFerd>	I'll check my local archives and report back
+Sep 06 18:19:49 <thorstenS>	but still be able to override parts of it
+Sep 06 18:20:29 <thorstenS>	where book2menu.xsl tells us where we are in the publication context
+Sep 06 18:20:50 <xley>	i will be back in 15 minutes
+Sep 06 18:21:05 <thorstenS>	tab2menu.xsl is dedicated for navigating the site
+Sep 06 18:21:22 <thorstenS>	document2html.xsl is the one we have to start with
+Sep 06 18:21:51 <thorstenS>	that is responsible for the transformation internal Format -> xhtml output
+Sep 06 18:22:14 <thorstenS>	site2xhtml is done by view and can be ignored for now
+Sep 06 18:22:15 <forrFerd>	Diretory cleanup was last discussed in a thread called [RT] Directory structure and configuration
+Sep 06 18:22:36 <nicolaken>	forrFred: could you summarize?
+Sep 06 18:23:16 <forrFerd>	Here is something that I wrote to summarize the state of things
+Sep 06 18:23:18 <forrFerd>	Hi Nicola,
+Sep 06 18:23:20 <forrFerd>	NKB> Yes, I'm the initial author of that task :-)
+Sep 06 18:23:21 <forrFerd>	So is it agreed to implement the new structure like this:
+Sep 06 18:23:22 <forrFerd>	> my-project/
+Sep 06 18:23:24 <forrFerd>	>            conf/
+Sep 06 18:23:26 <forrFerd>	>                 forrest.properties
+Sep 06 18:23:27 <forrFerd>	>                 skinconf.xml
+Sep 06 18:23:29 <forrFerd>	>                 site.xml
+Sep 06 18:23:30 <forrFerd>	>                 tabs.xml
+Sep 06 18:23:32 <forrFerd>	>            content/
+Sep 06 18:23:33 <forrFerd>	>                 status.xml
+Sep 06 18:23:35 <forrFerd>	>                 ** all other content
+Sep 06 18:23:36 <forrFerd>	This would be a major improvement and simplification.
+Sep 06 18:23:38 <forrFerd>	And while we are at it, how about renaming 'conf' to 'configuration'.
+Sep 06 18:23:40 <forrFerd>	Doesn't seem to make a difference performance wise, does it.
+Sep 06 18:23:41 <forrFerd>	The same could be applied to
+Sep 06 18:23:42 <forrFerd>	    skinfconf.xml => skinconfiguration.xml
+Sep 06 18:23:44 <forrFerd>	    site => sitestructure.xml
+Sep 06 18:23:46 <forrFerd>	but I'm not sure that this is as easy to implement or up for
+Sep 06 18:23:47 <forrFerd>	discussion here.
+Sep 06 18:23:49 <forrFerd>	So when can we expect this to be implemented?
+Sep 06 18:23:50 <forrFerd>	    
+Sep 06 18:23:52 <forrFerd>	--
+Sep 06 18:23:54 <forrFerd>	Ferdinand Soethe
+Sep 06 18:23:58 *	thorstenS off to work, cu later
+Sep 06 18:24:05 <--	thorstenS (n=thorsten@d83-180-131-226.cust.tele2.es) has left #for-s
+Sep 06 18:27:09 <forrFerd>	msg ForrFerd test
+Sep 06 18:29:31 <forrFerd>	Nicola, is this what you were looking for?
+Sep 06 18:30:22 <forrFerd>	anybody still out there?
+Sep 06 18:30:52 <--	JennyCurran (n=eggdrop@80.174.108.189) has left #for-s
+Sep 06 18:30:55 -->	JennyCurran (n=eggdrop@80.174.108.189) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 18:31:14 <xley>	yes
+Sep 06 18:31:19 <cheche>	no nicolaken kill them all :-)
+Sep 06 18:32:18 <forrFerd>	How? I don't feel dead yet :-) But Jenny is a bot boaring to chat with ...
+Sep 06 18:34:14 <nicolaken>	cheche: hehehe
+Sep 06 18:34:36 <nicolaken>	forrFred: would you mind putting the above in teh forrest WD document?
+Sep 06 18:35:21 <nicolaken>	forrFred: you are correct, it's not up to discussion now, we will use this and eventually discuss it in a later talk
+Sep 06 18:35:46 <forrFerd>	no, where can I find it, where should I put it?
+Sep 06 18:37:05 <--	JennyCurran (n=eggdrop@80.174.108.189) has left #for-s
+Sep 06 18:37:11 -->	JennyCurran (n=eggdrop@80.174.108.189) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 18:37:52 <nicolaken>	forrest\site-author\content\xdocs\TR\2004\WD-forrest10.html
+Sep 06 18:38:04 <nicolaken>	it's in html4
+Sep 06 18:38:05 <cheche>	ok JennyCurran has my email address on the info in case people find her in touble...
+Sep 06 18:38:29 <cheche>	nicolaken: I think that we should not tallk too much about desing and big plans...
+Sep 06 18:38:47 <cheche>	instead small achivement will make people happy that they did not wasted their time
+Sep 06 18:38:59 <nicolaken>	cheche: agree
+Sep 06 18:39:10 <cheche>	nicolaken: nice...
+Sep 06 18:39:13 <forrFerd>	So this would be the proposed structured that I'll put in there, any objections?
+Sep 06 18:39:15 <forrFerd>	my-project/
+Sep 06 18:39:16 <forrFerd>	  configuration/
+Sep 06 18:39:18 <forrFerd>	    forrest.properties
+Sep 06 18:39:19 <forrFerd>	    skinconfiguration.xml
+Sep 06 18:39:21 <forrFerd>	    sitestructure.xml
+Sep 06 18:39:22 <forrFerd>	    tabs.xml
+Sep 06 18:39:24 <forrFerd>	 content/
+Sep 06 18:39:25 <forrFerd>	   status.xml
+Sep 06 18:39:27 <forrFerd>	   ** all other content
+Sep 06 18:39:34 <nicolaken>	in fact the next thing I intend to do is look at the xhtml2 plugin Ross has, and suggest all to do the same
+Sep 06 18:39:54 <nicolaken>	forrFerd: we can change it later, let's start like this
+Sep 06 18:40:04 <cheche>	yeah... the xhtml2 is been a lot way in our todo list..
+Sep 06 18:40:36 <cheche>	forrFerd: I am -0 on that one...
+Sep 06 18:41:01 <cheche>	everytime we modify a name it takes a while to update code and after documentation..
+Sep 06 18:43:23 <nicolaken>	cheche: we are doing a rewrite for xhtml2, we need a new layout... now off to look at the plugin - as soon as I have time - 
+Sep 06 18:45:04 <xley>	cheche: i am worried about the disruption too
+Sep 06 18:45:22 <forrFerd>	OK, so I won't put anything in there until ???
+Sep 06 18:45:47 <xley>	nicolaken: i am still not clear why we need a "new layout".
+Sep 06 18:46:21 <cheche>	yes, I have same concerns... why do we need a "new layout"?
+Sep 06 18:47:04 <nicolaken>	1- because the current one doesn't scale to multisites
+Sep 06 18:47:11 <nicolaken>	2 - because it's convoluted
+Sep 06 18:47:14 <cheche>	forrFerd: using skinconf.xml instead of skinconfiguration.xml is not a need, but if you/everyone feel strong that need to be changed. then... go for it
+Sep 06 18:47:30 <nicolaken>	3 - becasue we need to know where to get the files without the content/xodcs problems we are having
+Sep 06 18:47:58 <nicolaken>	forrFerd: I had your same itch before but I now are back to small names, they are faster to type
+Sep 06 18:47:58 <forrFerd>	well we agreed long time ago to have a new simplified layout. So I guess the questions is: do we need it for today, right?
+Sep 06 18:48:06 <xley>	i know, but i meant: why now, why needed for today;s xhtml2 work
+Sep 06 18:48:14 <nicolaken>	just write it, it takes less than discussing it
+Sep 06 18:48:16 <nicolaken>	;-)
+Sep 06 18:50:04 <forrFerd>	nicolaken: With any smart shell (even MS) you have file name completion so extening a name should not really be an issue, is it?
+Sep 06 18:51:42 <forrFerd>	nicolaken: Just to be clear: I won't be writing any code or change stuff like that since I don't feel up to it yet.
+Sep 06 18:52:21 <forrFerd>	So is there agreement that we need to do that changes today?
+Sep 06 18:52:41 <ipv6guru>	longer names make it easier to understand for everyone I guess, shortened names less likely to be obvious of their function to users, is this the/a reason
+Sep 06 18:55:11 <forrFerd>	ipv6guru: yes, that was the idea behind it. Moderated by the objection (in an earlier thread) that we cannot change names that make the cocoon people not feel at home in forrest anymore.
+Sep 06 18:57:45 <ipv6guru>	ok yes, so names can not be completely different, cross-project compatibility to be maintained.
+Sep 06 19:01:31 <ipv6guru>	During this lull, I take the opportunity to pack up here at work and join again later on when back at home in comfort. Bye for now.
+Sep 06 19:02:02 <xley>	i too will be back in 30 minutes
+Sep 06 19:02:55 <--	ipv6guru (n=ipv6guru@203-59-250-35.dyn.iinet.net.au) has left #for-s
+Sep 06 19:06:55 <cheche>	well... probably you would find this funny:
+Sep 06 19:06:56 <cheche>	http://casa.che-che.com/~bot/forrest/
+Sep 06 19:09:57 <forrFerd>	cheche: lol
+Sep 06 19:21:36 -->	target-x (n=thorsten@242.Red-213-97-135.pooles.rima-tde.net) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 19:21:38 <target-x>	re
+Sep 06 19:21:45 *	target-x is thorsten
+Sep 06 19:22:37 <target-x>	hi
+Sep 06 19:23:01 <target-x>	I had a thought in the car about what nicolaken said
+Sep 06 19:23:16 <target-x>	rewritting parts of the pipe
+Sep 06 19:23:30 <target-x>	which wiki do we use?
+Sep 06 19:26:14 <forrFerd>	# /r no wiki, we use the dev list
+Sep 06 19:26:59 <target-x>	ok
+Sep 06 19:27:03 <target-x>	cheers
+Sep 06 19:33:05 <--	target-x has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
+Sep 06 19:36:46 <forrFerd>	Hmmm, getting awfully quiet around here. So I'm off to get some work done ...
+Sep 06 19:36:56 <xley>	see ya later
+Sep 06 19:51:38 -->	target-x (n=thorsten@242.Red-213-97-135.pooles.rima-tde.net) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 19:56:04 ---	forrFerd is now known as ferdinand
+Sep 06 19:56:39 <ferdinand>	ok, just a change of nickname
+Sep 06 19:56:45 -->	Ron_ (n=rblasch@62-99-200-51.sdsl-line.inode.at) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 19:57:50 ---	ferdinand is now known as ferdinandS
+Sep 06 19:58:09 <xley>	hi Ron, bit quiet here at the moment,
+Sep 06 19:58:23 <Ron_>	Hi, yes it is.
+Sep 06 19:58:25 <xley>	not much happened since Ross' email to dev@
+Sep 06 19:59:25 <ferdinandS>	and another change of nickname that can be registered
+Sep 06 19:59:42 -->	quwiltw (n=quwiltw@pcp03386307pcs.dallas01.ga.comcast.net) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 20:01:45 ---	ferdinandS is now known as ferdinandS_
+Sep 06 20:02:51 <Ron_>	Here's a ticket we might get closed: FOR-547
+Sep 06 20:02:55 <ferdinandS_>	 /msg nickserv link ferdinandS 987dsf8fH
+Sep 06 20:03:42 ---	ferdinandS_ is now known as ferdinandS
+Sep 06 20:04:06 <Ron_>	Using forrest from within Ant (build.xml) failed, because I used ant-contrib-1.0b1.
+Sep 06 20:04:54 <Ron_>	Things work fine with 1.0b2.
+Sep 06 20:05:12 <Ron_>	Is it worth a FAQ entry, or should we simply close the ticket?
+Sep 06 20:05:31 <--	target-x has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
+Sep 06 20:09:16 <xley>	reading FOR-547 ... what FAQ are you referring to?
+Sep 06 20:10:50 <Ron_>	I was thinking about http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/faq.html
+Sep 06 20:12:10 <xley>	ah, are you suggesting a new entry in that doc. I thought you refer to existing entry.
+Sep 06 20:12:37 <Ron_>	Sorry, should have been more specific.
+Sep 06 20:12:49 <xley>	no i misread.
+Sep 06 20:14:00 <Ron_>	The situation is somewhat interesting, because most things works fine, except downloading the Forrest plugins.
+Sep 06 20:14:17 <xley>	so yes probably would be worth an FAQ.
+Sep 06 20:14:25 <Ron_>	It wasn't easy to track this down to ant-contrib.
+Sep 06 20:15:37 <Ron_>	So, I'll come up with a few lines, and attach a patch to the issue?
+Sep 06 20:17:08 <xley>	that would be great.
+Sep 06 20:18:56 -->	x-targe1 (n=thorsten@242.Red-213-97-135.pooles.rima-tde.net) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 20:21:52 -->	AnilRamnanan (n=Anil@cuscon3427.tstt.net.tt) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 20:22:13 <AnilRamnanan>	Hello everyone.
+Sep 06 20:22:15 <ferdinandS>	Welcome Anil, nice to see you join us.
+Sep 06 20:22:27 <xley>	yeah great hi Anil
+Sep 06 20:22:47 <AnilRamnanan>	thank you. it is good to be here.
+Sep 06 20:23:14 <x-targe1>	hi anil
+Sep 06 20:23:22 ---	x-targe1 is now known as target-x
+Sep 06 20:23:42 <target-x>	sorry my provide makes it hard to stay tuned
+Sep 06 20:24:00 <target-x>	I do not know how much of my last messages came through
+Sep 06 20:24:20 <target-x>	xley
+Sep 06 20:24:39 <xley>	looking back ...
+Sep 06 20:24:56 <target-x>	cheers
+Sep 06 20:25:10 <target-x>	I got kicked out every minute
+Sep 06 20:25:11 <target-x>	:(
+Sep 06 20:25:13 <quwiltw>	hi all, are we still trying to tackle the subtasks of FOR-184?
+Sep 06 20:25:52 <quwiltw>	Looks like 1 is complete enough to get going with 2?
+Sep 06 20:26:12 <quwiltw>	Is the idea to convert forrest:views to use XHTML2 in place or create a new plugin for that too, or what?
+Sep 06 20:26:22 <xley>	nothing from T since you said "I had a thought in the car about what nicolaken said" and then discussion about dev list, then "cheers" about 90 minutes ago
+Sep 06 20:27:04 <target-x>	ok
+Sep 06 20:27:08 <xley>	quwiltw: yes to FOR-184
+Sep 06 20:27:19 <xley>	did you see Ross email to dev list?
+Sep 06 20:28:16 <target-x>	the thought was, that we should be able to request any step of the processing pipeline by itself
+Sep 06 20:28:29 <target-x>	not like we have now
+Sep 06 20:28:43 <target-x>	book->tab->document->site
+Sep 06 20:28:48 <quwiltw>	yes
+Sep 06 20:28:52 <target-x>	that is the normal one
+Sep 06 20:29:11 <target-x>	but it should be possible to request:
+Sep 06 20:29:21 <target-x>	e.g. for index.xml
+Sep 06 20:29:54 <target-x>	index.book.xml ->gives the overall menu which is the context of the request
+Sep 06 20:30:18 <target-x>	index.tab.xml -> gives the overall navigation context of the request
+Sep 06 20:31:00 <target-x>	index.source.xml -> gives the document in our internal format
+Sep 06 20:31:37 <target-x>	this three different request should then be agggreated by the last step of the processing
+Sep 06 20:32:20 <target-x>	this way we can use dynamic contracts as described in the view termilogy thread to request them in the view
+Sep 06 20:32:21 <quwiltw>	so the request index.xml just aggregates the results of the former
+Sep 06 20:32:31 <target-x>	yes
+Sep 06 20:32:31 <cheche>	why index.tab? it makes more sense to have something like index.nav.xml
+Sep 06 20:32:38 <target-x>	+1
+Sep 06 20:32:41 <target-x>	cheche
+Sep 06 20:33:32 <target-x>	it is kind of what we have now but the currrent situation is too heavily linked to skins
+Sep 06 20:33:42 -->	ipv6guru (n=gavinmcd@203-121-204-130.e-wire.net.au) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 20:34:11 <target-x>	the benefit is that each view decides which parts it needs
+Sep 06 20:34:23 <target-x>	and can easily override each part
+Sep 06 20:34:31 <ipv6guru>	Hi Guys, back again, I guess your all finished and its time for scrabble :)
+Sep 06 20:34:34 <cheche>	target-x: I know .. but now that you are implementing new stuff, it make sense to change tab-nav
+Sep 06 20:34:47 <target-x>	+1 cheche
+Sep 06 20:35:01 <target-x>	what is your idea?
+Sep 06 20:35:19 <target-x>	uniting menu and tab to nav?
+Sep 06 20:36:06 <cheche>	well... it is just a though.
+Sep 06 20:36:32 <cheche>	a tab is a diferent representation of the possible nodes that a page can access
+Sep 06 20:36:38 <cheche>	same as the menu
+Sep 06 20:36:59 <target-x>	yes
+Sep 06 20:37:18 <target-x>	and is heavily connected to a document rather then a request
+Sep 06 20:38:45 <cheche>	the way a see it, is that when you get a request say "/foo"
+Sep 06 20:39:15 <cheche>	then you as a webmaster want to get in control of what should be displayed on the tabs and on the menu
+Sep 06 20:39:24 <target-x>	yes
+Sep 06 20:39:35 <cheche>	which is the navigation that should be displayed
+Sep 06 20:39:45 <target-x>	yes
+Sep 06 20:39:47 <cheche>	so site.xml is data
+Sep 06 20:39:57 <xley>	ipv6guru: Gav do you have log of what we are talking about here
+Sep 06 20:40:18 <cheche>	and tabs or menu is just a portion of that
+Sep 06 20:41:05 <target-x>	actually menu and tab are just a "view" on certain parts of this navigation
+Sep 06 20:41:15 <target-x>	you described
+Sep 06 20:41:23 <cheche>	target-x: yes.... but I did not want to say THAT WORD !!!
+Sep 06 20:41:28 <cheche>	hahahahahahahhahahah
+Sep 06 20:41:30 <target-x>	lol
+Sep 06 20:41:52 <target-x>	they are everywhere ;-)
+Sep 06 20:42:53 <ipv6guru>	no log no, started again on home computer.
+Sep 06 20:43:16 <target-x>	cheche JennyCurran is looging?
+Sep 06 20:43:19 <xley>	cheche: can we see your logfile in real-time, otherwise i will go add "log until now" to our svn
+Sep 06 20:43:22 <cheche>	target-x: yes 
+Sep 06 20:43:44 <cheche>	xley: give me a sec...
+Sep 06 20:43:48 <target-x>	:) you are my hero ;-) muchas gracias illo
+Sep 06 20:43:51 <xley>	i mean i would add my local log
+Sep 06 20:49:44 <target-x>	coming back to what cheche said
+Sep 06 20:50:13 <target-x>	the index.nav.xml is a node document
+Sep 06 20:50:45 <target-x>	each node reflects another request that can be made
+Sep 06 20:51:06 <target-x>	now thinking in java
+Sep 06 20:52:02 <target-x>	each node can be resolved through the index.nav.xml and as well "neighbor" relations
+Sep 06 20:52:39 <target-x>	A possible limiter for requesting certain nodes is in my eyes a contract
+Sep 06 20:53:18 <target-x>	a contract can requests the whole node list or only parts of this
+Sep 06 20:53:56 <target-x>	this requests should be done via cocoon:/ and/or lm:{}
+Sep 06 20:54:32 <target-x>	that makes it possible to have project specific implementations of node-limiters (aka menu/tab)
+Sep 06 20:55:46 <target-x>	besides it opens the possibility to use e.g. java classes to process this node-limiter
+Sep 06 20:56:16 <ferdinandS>	cheche: > so site.xml is data
+Sep 06 20:56:18 <ferdinandS>	yes though of a slightly differnt kind then the document itself. It is site-structure data and quite often maintained by different people (editors)
+Sep 06 20:57:11 <target-x>	ferdinandS IMO editor are the people providing content
+Sep 06 20:57:38 <target-x>	there can be other people that make the collection (aka site.xml)
+Sep 06 20:58:01 <target-x>	placing the content in the overall context
+Sep 06 20:58:28 <target-x>	I reckon you as book writer have some example
+Sep 06 20:58:40 <target-x>	for that
+Sep 06 20:59:03 <target-x>	I remember you mentioned something like this at the Con in your presentation
+Sep 06 21:03:28 <quwiltw>	i guess i was looking for more concrete todo items such as:
+Sep 06 21:03:40 <quwiltw>	1) Enable views in the new plugin?
+Sep 06 21:03:42 <ferdinandS>	target-x:  A common definition is:
+Sep 06 21:03:44 <ferdinandS>	authors or content writers are people who always write the individual pages.
+Sep 06 21:03:46 <ferdinandS>	editors (in German Redakteure) are the people who review the content, improve on it and place it somewhere within the documentation.
+Sep 06 21:03:47 <ferdinandS>	David quite often takes that editor role when checking and reworking a donated piece of docs, splitting it if needed etc.
+Sep 06 21:03:49 <ferdinandS>	Now with small Forrests author and editor may be the same person.
+Sep 06 21:04:14 <target-x>	agree
+Sep 06 21:04:14 <quwiltw>	2) create a xthml22html.xsl (the stylesheet ross mentioned in his email)
+Sep 06 21:04:31 <target-x>	quwiltw start with point 2
+Sep 06 21:04:46 <quwiltw>	3) make views work off of #2
+Sep 06 21:05:24 <target-x>	if you done ;-) then look in the lm of the new internal.xhtml2 plugin
+Sep 06 21:05:25 <xley>	quwiltw: we need to also design the internal pipelines (complex task) which i think is what Thorsten and Cheche started talking about.
+Sep 06 21:05:27 <quwiltw>	4) Modify pipeline to allow new fname.*.xml style requests
+Sep 06 21:06:14 <target-x>	ferdinandS thanks for that explanation
+Sep 06 21:06:31 <quwiltw>	xley: that'll feed my #4 that i just added (shouldn't say modify i suppose)
+Sep 06 21:06:31 <cheche>	xley target-x: http://casa.che-che.com/~bot/forrest/forrest.log.06Sep2005
+Sep 06 21:06:37 <xley>	yes 2) is good to start. Can google find a generic and basic xhtml2html.xsl ? Would that help?
+Sep 06 21:06:52 <cheche>	I know that it is possible to create a live log...
+Sep 06 21:07:04 <target-x>	quwiltw the lm contains the refactored  view dispatcher that need to be activated 
+Sep 06 21:07:15 <target-x>	cheche gracias
+Sep 06 21:07:17 <target-x>	:)
+Sep 06 21:07:26 <xley>	beauty cheche , sorry to drag you off from the discussion but that will be good for later today.
+Sep 06 21:08:19 <target-x>	yes beauty
+Sep 06 21:08:41 <cheche>	xley that is not a problem.. I know that I had it setup with live html output... but I can not remember how I did it...
+Sep 06 21:08:45 <target-x>	quwiltw are you want to work on your point 2.?
+Sep 06 21:09:22 <quwiltw>	doesn't matter... just woke up really early so i want to do something;)
+Sep 06 21:09:33 <quwiltw>	point 2 is as good as any 
+Sep 06 21:09:40 <target-x>	go for it
+Sep 06 21:09:47 <target-x>	it is a basic starting point
+Sep 06 21:10:01 <target-x>	we will need your work later on today
+Sep 06 21:10:38 <quwiltw>	ok, we'll see how far i get.  i'll have to do "real" work at some point this morning though
+Sep 06 21:11:13 <quwiltw>	meanwhile, was #1 not correct?
+Sep 06 21:12:05 <ipv6guru>	can the xhtml22html.xsl be tested on the xhtml2.xml, want to know if it works ok
+Sep 06 21:12:40 <target-x>	#1 is correct if you brave enough ;-)
+Sep 06 21:12:51 <xley>	cheche: plain log is fine
+Sep 06 21:13:24 <quwiltw>	ipv6: i hope so, that's what i was planning ot use to get something working;)
+Sep 06 21:13:38 <target-x>	anyway that is as well determine by discussion of the internal pipes
+Sep 06 21:14:15 <target-x>	views will have to adapt then.
+Sep 06 21:15:12 <ipv6guru>	quwiltw : cool, I'll keep a close eye on progress, let me know if I can do anything
+Sep 06 21:15:28 <quwiltw>	target-x: i'm just talking enabling via forrest.properties.  i'm still not quite sure how this pipeline redesign can be accomplished without a) breaking views  for a little while or b) starting to bring views into core
+Sep 06 21:15:31 <ipv6guru>	... and I'll let you know if I can :)
+Sep 06 21:16:53 <xley>	ipv6guru: we are doing as we go, not really sure what the actual jobs are.
+Sep 06 21:17:05 <target-x>	quwiltw->who are you?
+Sep 06 21:17:20 <xley>	tim?
+Sep 06 21:17:28 <target-x>	ah
+Sep 06 21:17:29 <target-x>	ok
+Sep 06 21:17:34 <target-x>	then do 1
+Sep 06 21:17:46 <target-x>	it is just changing some props
+Sep 06 21:18:15 <quwiltw>	yes
+Sep 06 21:18:20 <ferdinandS>	Back to be doing some work ...
+Sep 06 21:18:25 <target-x>	and a) and b) are fine
+Sep 06 21:18:29 <quwiltw>	sorry i should have mentioned that
+Sep 06 21:18:32 <target-x>	b) is the goal
+Sep 06 21:18:37 <target-x>	no worries
+Sep 06 21:18:51 <quwiltw>	my x-chat client allows me to right-click and see real names - mine is exposed
+Sep 06 21:18:52 <target-x>	just to know whether you have commit access ;-)
+Sep 06 21:19:24 <target-x>	jeje
+Sep 06 21:19:34 <target-x>	yeah right mine too thx ;-)
+Sep 06 21:20:59 <xley>	how will we detect that we have xhtml2 input to deal with? I was expecting to use the SourceTypeAction (like in forrest.xmap) to detect the xhtml2 namespace
+Sep 06 21:21:46 <target-x>	quwiltw I have another todo
+Sep 06 21:21:47 <target-x>	;-)
+Sep 06 21:21:59 <target-x>	SourceTypeAction is not yet working in the lm
+Sep 06 21:22:05 <quwiltw>	as long as it's *yours* go ahead;)
+Sep 06 21:22:27 <target-x>	the @src is not processed correctly
+Sep 06 21:22:29 <target-x>	jeje
+Sep 06 21:22:45 <quwiltw>	lm?
+Sep 06 21:22:51 <target-x>	yes
+Sep 06 21:22:56 <target-x>	locationmap
+Sep 06 21:22:58 <quwiltw>	umm... that's not good 
+Sep 06 21:23:05 <quwiltw>	how so
+Sep 06 21:23:14 <target-x>	to activate it?
+Sep 06 21:23:30 <target-x>	1moment
+Sep 06 21:23:48 <quwiltw>	google turned up this; might this be used instead as a quickie solution to be potentially redone later?
+Sep 06 21:24:08 <quwiltw>	http://etherealwake.com/style/xhtml2html.xslt
+Sep 06 21:26:07 <target-x>	looks cool
+Sep 06 21:26:17 <target-x>	xley can you check the license?
+Sep 06 21:26:56 <target-x>	quwiltw
+Sep 06 21:26:58 <target-x>	Index: org/apache/forrest/locationmap/lm/ActNode.java
+Sep 06 21:26:59 <target-x>	===================================================================
+Sep 06 21:26:59 <target-x>	--- org/apache/forrest/locationmap/lm/ActNode.java      (revision 278927)
+Sep 06 21:26:59 <target-x>	+++ org/apache/forrest/locationmap/lm/ActNode.java      (working copy)
+Sep 06 21:26:59 <target-x>	@@ -28,8 +28,11 @@
+Sep 06 21:26:59 <target-x>	 import org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceSelector;
+Sep 06 21:26:59 <--	target-x has quit (Excess Flood)
+Sep 06 21:27:04 <quwiltw>	it's still under heavy dev too but might be good to get us kick-started, yeah I'm not good with license 
+Sep 06 21:27:30 -->	x-targe1 (n=thorsten@242.Red-213-97-135.pooles.rima-tde.net) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 21:28:11 <x-targe1>	quwiltw if you want to tackle lm 
+Sep 06 21:28:17 <quwiltw>	target your last dropped out after the import org.apache.ava... line
+Sep 06 21:28:20 <x-targe1>	org/apache/forrest/locationmap/lm/ActNode.java
+Sep 06 21:28:27 <x-targe1>	I know
+Sep 06 21:28:28 <x-targe1>	:(
+Sep 06 21:28:47 <x-targe1>	anyway if you keen to fix it that is where I stoped
+Sep 06 21:29:16 <x-targe1>	I think it breaks actions because it now expects a @src
+Sep 06 21:29:26 <x-targe1>	I can check it in
+Sep 06 21:29:30 <quwiltw>	ok
+Sep 06 21:29:31 <x-targe1>	if you want
+Sep 06 21:29:32 <x-targe1>	;-)
+Sep 06 21:29:38 <x-targe1>	ok will do
+Sep 06 21:30:24 <quwiltw>	what will repeat the problem?  our new plugin locationmap.xml?
+Sep 06 21:30:24 <--	ferdinandS has quit ("Chatzilla 0.9.68.5.1 [Firefox 1.0.6/20050716]")
+Sep 06 21:30:52 <x-targe1>	yeah
+Sep 06 21:33:53 <--	x-targe1 has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
+Sep 06 21:34:28 <xley>	quwiltw: the license is okay for that XSLT etherealwake.com
+Sep 06 21:35:04 <quwiltw>	shucks, that was easy... next...
+Sep 06 21:41:11 <ipv6guru>	that sxlt, not checked but will it handle new xhtml2 elements
+Sep 06 21:41:46 <ipv6guru>	back in 10
+Sep 06 21:42:57 -->	x-targe1 (n=thorsten@242.Red-213-97-135.pooles.rima-tde.net) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 21:43:00 <x-targe1>	(12:39:12) x-targe1: quwiltw
+Sep 06 21:43:00 <x-targe1>	(12:39:26) x-targe1: it is cheched in
+Sep 06 21:43:00 <x-targe1>	(12:39:37) x-targe1: I will be silent for a while
+Sep 06 21:43:00 <x-targe1>	(12:39:46) x-targe1: need to finish some work first
+Sep 06 21:43:00 <x-targe1>	(12:39:58) x-targe1: scream if you need help ;-)
+Sep 06 21:43:00 <x-targe1>	(12:41:03) x-targe1: arg
+Sep 06 21:43:02 <x-targe1>	(12:41:05) x-targe1: wait
+Sep 06 21:43:10 ---	x-targe1 is now known as target-x
+Sep 06 21:43:17 <xley>	dinner time: me too back soon
+Sep 06 21:43:27 <quwiltw>	ok
+Sep 06 21:43:36 <quwiltw>	almost breakfast time....
+Sep 06 21:43:39 <target-x>	:)
+Sep 06 21:43:49 <target-x>	i fixed my last commit
+Sep 06 21:44:05 <target-x>	now you are good to go
+Sep 06 21:44:25 <target-x>	I have problems with my provider like you can see from the log
+Sep 06 21:44:46 <target-x>	:(
+Sep 06 21:45:01 *	target-x now doing some work
+Sep 06 21:45:19 ---	target-x is now known as target-silent
+Sep 06 21:48:45 <--	target-silent has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
+Sep 06 21:52:48 -->	gregor (n=gregor@apache/committer/gregor) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 21:56:45 <quwiltw>	i should have known it wouldn't have been that easy
+Sep 06 21:57:18 <quwiltw>	that transform expects xhtml namespaces, should we have an xhtml namespace on our sample doc?
+Sep 06 21:58:17 <quwiltw>	<xhtml:html><xhtml:head>... etc. ?
+Sep 06 21:59:00 -->	x-targe1 (n=thorsten@242.Red-213-97-135.pooles.rima-tde.net) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 21:59:23 <x-targe1>	hi gregor
+Sep 06 21:59:31 ---	x-targe1 is now known as target-x
+Sep 06 21:59:36 <quwiltw>	target-x: did you see my last question?
+Sep 06 21:59:51 <target-x>	no
+Sep 06 22:00:03 <target-x>	i got kicked out again :(
+Sep 06 22:00:21 <quwiltw>	that transform expects xhtml namespaces, should we have an xhtml namespace on our sample doc?
+Sep 06 22:00:33 <quwiltw>	<xhtml:html><xhtml:head>... etc. ?
+Sep 06 22:01:08 <target-x>	moment
+Sep 06 22:01:12 <target-x>	I think no
+Sep 06 22:01:22 <target-x>	you mean for the sourcetypeaction?
+Sep 06 22:01:33 <target-x>	or the transformer?
+Sep 06 22:01:51 <quwiltw>	the transformer
+Sep 06 22:02:20 <target-x>	Use standard namespaces
+Sep 06 22:02:26 <target-x>	xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/xhtml2"
+Sep 06 22:02:32 <target-x>	in the sample doc
+Sep 06 22:02:48 <target-x>	that should do the trick
+Sep 06 22:03:58 <quwiltw>	that's what's there.  the stylesheet that i found matches based on a xhtml namespace -- i'll change the stylesheet for now but this is a really temporary solution 
+Sep 06 22:04:26 <target-x>	hm
+Sep 06 22:04:28 <target-x>	gregor
+Sep 06 22:04:38 <target-x>	are you listening
+Sep 06 22:05:15 <target-x>	I saw that quwiltw
+Sep 06 22:05:54 <target-x>	mabe we should change the xsl instead?
+Sep 06 22:05:57 <target-x>	wdyt?
+Sep 06 22:06:22 <quwiltw>	yeah that's what i was trying to say... i'll change the xslt for now
+Sep 06 22:06:40 <target-x>	ok
+Sep 06 22:07:11 <target-x>	I was hoping that gregor knew a smarter solution
+Sep 06 22:07:20 <target-x>	he is an expert on that
+Sep 06 22:07:47 <gregor>	yes
+Sep 06 22:07:51 <target-x>	jeje
+Sep 06 22:08:02 <target-x>	http://etherealwake.com/style/xhtml2html.xslt
+Sep 06 22:08:16 <target-x>	uses standard xhtml:bla to match
+Sep 06 22:08:41 <target-x>	we just declared xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/xhtml2" in our sample doc
+Sep 06 22:08:45 <target-x>	that is not matching
+Sep 06 22:08:58 <target-x>	are there a smart workaround
+Sep 06 22:09:01 <target-x>	?
+Sep 06 22:09:18 -->	target (n=thorsten@242.Red-213-97-135.pooles.rima-tde.net) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 22:09:24 <--	target (n=thorsten@242.Red-213-97-135.pooles.rima-tde.net) has left #for-s
+Sep 06 22:09:50 <gregor>	you could additionally bind it to the default ns in the xsl
+Sep 06 22:09:59 <target-x>	how?
+Sep 06 22:10:15 <gregor>	add  xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/xhtml2" at the top
+Sep 06 22:10:21 <target-x>	ok
+Sep 06 22:10:33 <target-x>	quwiltw did you copy?
+Sep 06 22:10:40 <target-x>	thanks gregor :)
+Sep 06 22:10:56 <gregor>	well, lets see if it works :) ns can be a bitch
+Sep 06 22:10:56 <quwiltw>	yep, trying it now thanks
+Sep 06 22:12:22 <gregor>	that stylesheet also claims to emit xhtml 1.0 but emits html 4 actually
+Sep 06 22:12:50 <target-x>	:) you are the ns wiz ;-)
+Sep 06 22:13:13 <gregor>	unless this is the last stylesheet in the transform chain, not so good: <xsl:output method="html" 
+Sep 06 22:13:51 <gregor>	presumably the html 4 step is done by the serializer, yes?
+Sep 06 22:14:13 <target-x>	ye
+Sep 06 22:14:23 <target-x>	we need to strip that
+Sep 06 22:22:28 -->	target (n=thorsten@242.Red-213-97-135.pooles.rima-tde.net) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 22:22:33 <--	target (n=thorsten@242.Red-213-97-135.pooles.rima-tde.net) has left #for-s
+Sep 06 22:24:28 <--	ipv6guru has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
+Sep 06 22:28:50 -->	ipv6guru (n=gavinmcd@203-121-204-130.e-wire.net.au) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 22:29:23 <ipv6guru>	did my .css question get through before my cut-off ?
+Sep 06 22:32:02 <target-x>	no
+Sep 06 22:35:08 <ipv6guru>	Ok, the xample xhtml.sml points to w3.org's stylesheet of xhtml2.css, do we use this and alter it or create new one?
+Sep 06 22:36:18 <ipv6guru>	Another question, the xhtml2html.xslt seems to be for xhtml 1 and 1.1 , I see no new xhtml2 elements in there, such as <seperator /> and others.
+Sep 06 22:37:32 <ipv6guru>	such as <h> and <l>
+Sep 06 22:37:52 <ipv6guru>	maybe I'm just being thick and its done another way
+Sep 06 22:38:37 <target-x>	13:12:30) gregor: that stylesheet also claims to emit xhtml 1.0 but emits html 4 actually
+Sep 06 22:38:47 <ipv6guru>	xample xhtml.sml == sample xhtml.xml
+Sep 06 22:39:03 <target-x>	Ok, the xample xhtml.sml points to w3.org's stylesheet of xhtml2.css, do we use this and alter it or create new one?-> we do not need css for that
+Sep 06 22:40:06 <ipv6guru>	ok
+Sep 06 22:40:31 <target-x>	it is our internal format
+Sep 06 22:40:33 <quwiltw>	ipv6: where is document, header, abstract coming from?  
+Sep 06 22:40:37 <target-x>	css is theming
+Sep 06 22:41:24 <quwiltw>	should it be:
+Sep 06 22:41:30 <quwiltw>	document->html
+Sep 06 22:41:35 <quwiltw>	header->head
+Sep 06 22:41:36 <quwiltw>	?
+Sep 06 22:44:15 <ipv6guru>	I changed the content from  an index.xml file 
+Sep 06 22:45:41 <quwiltw>	so they should be changed, right?
+Sep 06 22:47:02 <nicolaken>	pleeeeeeease log in with a nickname I can understand, like the email name... I just came back to take a peek and I don't understand a thing! :-P
+Sep 06 22:47:37 <target-x>	who are you talking about
+Sep 06 22:47:45 <ipv6guru>	I would say so yes, in the index.xml when that is transformed into index.html I thought they were converted too.
+Sep 06 22:48:07 <nicolaken>	target-x: everyone!
+Sep 06 22:48:08 ---	ipv6guru is now known as Gav
+Sep 06 22:48:13 <nicolaken>	:-)
+Sep 06 22:49:09 <Gav>	nicolaken : Not that my name would mean anything, but is changed.
+Sep 06 22:49:39 <target-x>	hmm
+Sep 06 22:49:50 <target-x>	I am always traget something
+Sep 06 22:50:03 ---	target-x is now known as thorste1
+Sep 06 22:50:13 <quwiltw>	how ?
+Sep 06 22:50:14 <thorste1>	now you know why
+Sep 06 22:50:26 <thorste1>	./nick bla
+Sep 06 22:50:31 -->	dee_23 (n=dp@pd95b1a9b.dip0.t-ipconnect.de) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 22:50:31 <thorste1>	wihtout dot
+Sep 06 22:51:31 ---	quwiltw is now known as twilliams
+Sep 06 22:52:00 ---	thorste1 is now known as tscherler
+Sep 06 22:52:22 <tscherler>	hi david aka dee_23
+Sep 06 22:53:05 <dee_23>	hi thorsten 
+Sep 06 22:53:23 ---	xley is now known as crossley
+Sep 06 22:53:53 <crossley>	nicolaken: good point
+Sep 06 22:54:01 ---	twilliams is now known as twilliams_
+Sep 06 22:54:52 <Gav>	so is "  <?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" 
+Sep 06 22:54:52 <Gav>	                    href="http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/style/xhtml2.css"?>
+Sep 06 22:55:20 <Gav>	being removed from xhtml2.xml
+Sep 06 22:55:25 <tscherler>	yes
+Sep 06 22:55:32 <tscherler>	that is obsolet
+Sep 06 22:55:33 <crossley>	Cocoon doesn't use it
+Sep 06 22:55:44 <crossley>	nor xml:output
+Sep 06 22:56:01 <tscherler>	the other thing it is our internal format
+Sep 06 22:56:02 <crossley>	xsl:output
+Sep 06 22:56:20 <twilliams_>	REGISTER twilliams_
+Sep 06 22:56:50 <crossley>	yes, internal, but even with xhtml2 as input not used
+Sep 06 22:56:52 <tscherler>	twilliams_ you forgot /msg NickServ
+Sep 06 22:57:45 <Gav>	ok, so wheres the css styling being done, do you have a location.
+Sep 06 22:57:51 <twilliams_>	thanks, my irc skills are very poor obviously
+Sep 06 22:58:08 <tscherler>	no worries I am still learning as well
+Sep 06 22:58:26 <Gav>	twilliams_ -> I cheat, I got widgets on my mIRC client
+Sep 06 23:08:49 <--	AnilRamnanan has quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
+Sep 06 23:10:23 <Gav>	what namespace and schema location is being used?
+Sep 06 23:17:01 <twilliams_>	i assume what you've got in the sample file
+Sep 06 23:17:31 <crossley>	me too, i have that enabled in my local copy for my experiements
+Sep 06 23:18:30 <twilliams_>	i'm having no luck with that xslt .. i'll give it a few more minutes and then start on our own
+Sep 06 23:18:51 <twilliams_>	using document2html as a model
+Sep 06 23:19:44 <Gav>	Ok, thats fine, I was assuming they would need changing sometime, I thought relaxNG was being used, this is different to w3.org schema
+Sep 06 23:20:32 <crossley>	twilliams: okay, i am just starting to try the etherealwake xslt
+Sep 06 23:21:18 <crossley>	Gav: we will be using RNG in the core. Did you see my commits of the "validation" transformer today?
+Sep 06 23:22:11 <twilliams_>	has anyone validated our sample doc against RNG in appendix B?
+Sep 06 23:22:29 <crossley>	i have removed the document type declaration from your xhtml2_subset.xml
+Sep 06 23:22:46 <crossley>	twilliams: that is something that i want to do today.
+Sep 06 23:23:56 <twilliams_>	you commiting the sample sans dtd decl?
+Sep 06 23:24:04 <Gav>	crossley : I see it now, thanks.
+Sep 06 23:25:31 <Gav>	I think Ross renamed it for the whiteboard, is this its new name now
+Sep 06 23:25:37 <crossley>	twilliams: not yet, i am in the middle of trying various things.
+Sep 06 23:25:44 <crossley>	Gav: yes
+Sep 06 23:29:56 <--	dee_23 has quit (herbert.freenode.net irc.freenode.net)
+Sep 06 23:29:56 <--	diwaker has quit (herbert.freenode.net irc.freenode.net)
+Sep 06 23:29:56 <--	Gav has quit (herbert.freenode.net irc.freenode.net)
+Sep 06 23:29:56 <--	JennyCurran has quit (herbert.freenode.net irc.freenode.net)
+Sep 06 23:29:56 <--	nicolaken has quit (herbert.freenode.net irc.freenode.net)
+Sep 06 23:30:31 -->	dee_23 (n=dp@pd95b1a9b.dip0.t-ipconnect.de) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 23:30:31 -->	Gav (n=gavinmcd@203-121-204-130.e-wire.net.au) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 23:30:31 -->	JennyCurran (n=eggdrop@80.174.108.189) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 23:30:31 -->	nicolaken (n=chatzill@host190-154.pool80204.interbusiness.it) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 23:30:31 -->	diwaker (n=diwaker@67.188.127.45) has joined #for-s
+Sep 06 23:30:46 <crossley>	still here?
+Sep 06 23:31:33 <Gav>	wow, 7 of you quit in one go
+Sep 06 23:32:00 <Gav>	all back again by the looks of it
+Sep 06 23:34:02 <tscherler>	somebody pulled the plug ;-)
+Sep 06 23:34:28 <Gav>	that cable under the atlantic I bet
+Sep 06 23:35:52 <Gav>	so are new <xsl:template match=" xxx "> required for new xhtml2 elements or not?
+Sep 06 23:38:38 <crossley>	see twilliams comments about 20 minutes ago
+Sep 06 23:40:54 <twilliams_>	crossley: you have any luck with this ethereal xsl?  I'm fed up and ready to go it alone.  I should be able to very quickly get something that is usable.  We can work on completeness later, wdyt?
+Sep 06 23:41:51 <crossley>	yes good do that. I am not sure what your problem is with the ethereal xsl? Can you briefly explain?
+Sep 06 23:43:08 <twilliams_>	it's apparently not matching anything... it basically just removes all tags and sends everything out as text
+Sep 06 23:43:29 <crossley>	ah yeah, that is what i am seeing too.
+Sep 06 23:44:41 <twilliams_>	it's probably something simple but i think i'd rather get something simple working than to find a bug in a stylesheet that will only be temporary anyway
+Sep 06 23:44:58 <tscherler>	lemme have a look
+Sep 06 23:46:59 <tscherler>	one question
+Sep 06 23:47:12 <tscherler>	do you see Id: xhtml2html.xslt 127 2004-11-14 03:06:21Z etherealwake $ 
+Sep 06 23:47:21 <tscherler>	as comment in your output?
+Sep 06 23:48:04 <twilliams_>	no that's not even coming through.  
+Sep 06 23:48:11 <tscherler>	hmm
+Sep 06 23:48:20 <twilliams_>	i added a root match to no avail either
+Sep 06 23:49:01 <tscherler>	that means that the <xsl:template match="xhtml:html"> does not match
+Sep 06 23:49:23 <tscherler>	even with <xsl:template match="/"> it is not working?
+Sep 06 23:49:32 <twilliams_>	right
+Sep 06 23:49:50 <tscherler>	just wait to get it straight
+Sep 06 23:50:03 <tscherler>	please add:
+Sep 06 23:50:24 <tscherler>	<xsl:template match="/">grr</xsl:template>
+Sep 06 23:50:35 <tscherler>	does this come through?
+Sep 06 23:50:41 <twilliams_>	sorry, should have clarified, that will come through 
+Sep 06 23:50:49 <tscherler>	ah ok
+Sep 06 23:50:53 <twilliams_>	...although i did HELLO WORLD instead of grr
+Sep 06 23:51:00 <tscherler>	jeje
+Sep 06 23:51:17 <twilliams_>	i added an apply templates from there so that i knew I was getting through but nothing
+Sep 06 23:51:46 <tscherler>	then the  <xsl:template match="xhtml:head"> stuff get not matched
+Sep 06 23:51:59 <twilliams_>	nope
+Sep 06 23:52:05 <tscherler>	is your local copy the same as in trunk?
+Sep 06 23:52:07 <twilliams_>	even with gregor's suggestion
+Sep 06 23:52:14 <twilliams_>	the stylesheet?
+Sep 06 23:52:17 <tscherler>	no 
+Sep 06 23:52:19 <twilliams_>	it's not in trunk
+Sep 06 23:52:25 <tscherler>	the base doc
+Sep 06 23:52:30 <tscherler>	example
+Sep 06 23:52:54 <twilliams_>	pretty much.  i removed the doctype decl and uncommented the schema.  other than that it's the same 
+Sep 06 23:53:20 <twilliams_>	i've tried it with and without doctype though -- that's just how mine happens to look at them moment
+Sep 06 23:54:19 <tscherler>	wait I think i know what is goin on
+Sep 06 23:54:51 <tscherler>	http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.xhtml2/src/documentation/content/xdocs/samples/xhtml2_subset.xml?r1=278982&r2=278983&rev=278983&view=diff&diff_format=l
+Sep 06 23:55:10 <tscherler>	if the namespace is not declared in the root element it cannot work
+Sep 06 23:55:20 <tscherler>	<html>
+Sep 06 23:55:23 <tscherler>	should be
+Sep 06 23:55:33 <tscherler>	<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/xhtml2/">
+Sep 06 23:55:44 <crossley>	i have the namespace exposed in my local copy and still no good.
+Sep 06 23:55:52 <tscherler>	hmm
+Sep 06 23:56:05 <tscherler>	yes
+Sep 06 23:56:09 <twilliams_>	right, i'm using that commented out html root w/namespace
+Sep 06 23:56:09 <tscherler>	sure 
+Sep 06 23:56:14 <tscherler>	because:
+Sep 06 23:56:28 <tscherler>	<xsl:template match="xhtml:head">
+Sep 06 23:56:39 <tscherler>	xhtml instead of html
+Sep 06 23:56:46 <tscherler>	that is not the same
+Sep 06 23:56:51 <tscherler>	try a small hack
+Sep 06 23:57:10 <tscherler>	change <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/xhtml2/">
+Sep 06 23:57:15 <tscherler>	to
+Sep 06 23:57:23 <tscherler>	<xhtml xmlns
+Sep 06 23:57:33 <tscherler>	="bla"
+Sep 06 23:57:39 <tscherler>	and try again
+Sep 06 23:58:39 <twilliams_>	no luck here, that xhtml is for the namespace not the root element though, correct?
+Sep 06 23:58:57 <tscherler>	yes and no
+Sep 06 23:59:13 <tscherler>	if you do the gregor head on the xsl
+Sep 06 23:59:22 <tscherler>	declaring a default namespace
+Sep 06 23:59:43 <twilliams_>	yes i did that
+Sep 06 23:59:53 <tscherler>	then the root element of the default namespace is the prefix
+Sep 07 00:00:04 <tscherler>	which is in our case html
+Sep 07 00:00:36 <tscherler>	now changing the sample docs root element to xhtml ...
+Sep 07 00:00:48 <tscherler>	should work
+Sep 07 00:02:57 <crossley>	but "The <html> element is the root element for all XHTML Family Document Types."
+Sep 07 00:03:22 <twilliams_>	"should work"... ;)
+Sep 07 00:03:30 <tscherler>	yes, that why I said a smal hack
+Sep 07 00:03:36 <crossley>	ah
+Sep 07 00:03:37 <tscherler>	;-)
+Sep 07 00:03:55 <tscherler>	...I guess it does not?
+Sep 07 00:04:50 <crossley>	twilliams: getting close to your suggestion to dump it and start our own. Gav might be able to help with that.
+Sep 07 00:05:16 <tscherler>	just search and replace xhtml:
+Sep 07 00:05:22 <tscherler>	with nothing 
+Sep 07 00:06:17 <twilliams_>	that causes negative progress;) 
+Sep 07 00:06:24 <twilliams_>	not even the text comes out now
+Sep 07 00:06:33 <tscherler>	hmm
+Sep 07 00:07:20 <twilliams_>	if someone wants to pick this ethereal thing up then they can.  I'm ready to just get something simple working for now so that we can later get to proving out the pipelines, etc.
+Sep 07 00:07:20 <tscherler>	<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"   xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/xhtml2">    
+Sep 07 00:07:49 <tscherler>	and xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/xhtml2">
+Sep 07 00:07:59 <tscherler>	does not work after stripping?
+Sep 07 00:08:01 <twilliams_>	yah, though i had them reversed
+Sep 07 00:10:36 <Gav>	what about : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
+Sep 07 00:10:36 <Gav>	<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" exclude-result-prefixes="xhtml"
+Sep 07 00:10:36 <Gav>	  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
+Sep 07 00:10:36 <Gav>	  xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
+Sep 07 00:10:36 <Gav>	  xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/xhtml2">
+Sep 07 00:11:13 <Gav>	ignore first line, thats obvious
+Sep 07 00:11:29 <tscherler>	get rid of all the "exclude-result-prefixes" and stuff
+Sep 07 00:22:07 <Gav>	was exclude-result-prefixes taken out of the xslt file too then
+Sep 07 00:23:26 <twilliams_>	that's where he was suggesting removing it i believe
+Sep 07 00:24:18 <tscherler>	one more shoot in the dark
+Sep 07 00:24:20 <tscherler>	<xsl:template match="html">
+Sep 07 00:24:21 <tscherler>	   <xsl:comment> Hello world </xsl:comment>
+Sep 07 00:24:21 <tscherler>	   <html>
+Sep 07 00:24:21 <tscherler>	<xsl:copy-of select="."/>
+Sep 07 00:24:21 <tscherler>	   </html>
+Sep 07 00:24:21 <tscherler>	  </xsl:template>
+Sep 07 00:24:33 <tscherler>	what gives that?
+Sep 07 00:24:45 <tscherler>	adding it to the stylesheet
+Sep 07 00:24:57 <tscherler>	and yes Gav twilliams is right
+Sep 07 00:26:12 <tscherler>	of course having 
+Sep 07 00:26:14 <tscherler>	<xsl:template match="/">
+Sep 07 00:26:14 <tscherler>	 <xsl:apply-templates/>
+Sep 07 00:26:14 <tscherler>	</xsl:template>
+Sep 07 00:26:19 <tscherler>	in it as well
+Sep 07 00:26:54 <tscherler>	I wish I would have time. *grr*
+Sep 07 00:27:41 <--	twilliams_ has quit (Remote closed the connection)
+Sep 07 00:30:16 -->	twilliams_ (n=twilliam@pcp03386307pcs.dallas01.ga.comcast.net) has joined #for-s
+Sep 07 00:31:41 <twilliams_>	dropped off, did you have any other ideas after that copy-of?
+Sep 07 00:33:13 <tscherler>	ok
+Sep 07 00:33:23 <tscherler>	then th html stuff get matched
+Sep 07 00:33:25 <tscherler>	now try
+Sep 07 00:33:39 <tscherler>	dropped off ->means working, or not?
+Sep 07 00:34:19 <twilliams_>	ooops... "dropped off" means that i dropped off the IRC channel - network issue at my house;)
+Sep 07 00:34:41 <tscherler>	ok
+Sep 07 00:34:46 <twilliams_>	actually I had changed the match="html" to be match="/" that's how i got that to match
+Sep 07 00:34:48 <tscherler>	yeah sorry I saw
+Sep 07 00:34:57 <tscherler>	hmm
+Sep 07 00:35:05 <tscherler>	try both
+Sep 07 00:35:11 <tscherler>	(15:26:21) tscherler: <xsl:template match="/">
+Sep 07 00:35:11 <tscherler>	(15:26:21) tscherler:  <xsl:apply-templates/>
+Sep 07 00:35:11 <tscherler>	(15:26:21) tscherler: </xsl:template>
+Sep 07 00:35:23 <tscherler>	and then the match="html"
+Sep 07 00:35:39 <tscherler>	I want to see what happends
+Sep 07 00:35:44 <twilliams_>	tried that, nothing beyond root "/" will match
+Sep 07 00:35:59 <crossley>	tscherler: i tried your two suggestions but still getting the same - only plain text output
+Sep 07 00:36:01 <tscherler>	and match="html:hmtl"
+Sep 07 00:36:07 <tscherler>	grr
+Sep 07 00:36:18 <tscherler>	with html: declared?
+Sep 07 00:36:24 <tscherler>	as xhtml2?
+Sep 07 00:36:29 <twilliams_>	i thought it might be a namespace mismatch since i notice that there is a trailing slash on our xml file's namespace but i fixed that with no success
+Sep 07 00:36:41 <tscherler>	it is ns
+Sep 07 00:36:48 <tscherler>	that is for sure
+Sep 07 00:37:15 <twilliams_>	no namespaces, both default namespace for the xml and xsl are the same now so no need for it in the match's
+Sep 07 00:37:38 <twilliams_>	i've still got your find-n-replace xhtml: w/ "" from before
+Sep 07 00:38:43 <tscherler>	ah
+Sep 07 00:39:07 <tscherler>	still give it a go please
+Sep 07 00:40:35 <twilliams_>	ok no luck
+Sep 07 00:41:32 <tscherler>	then I would say screw it ;-)
+Sep 07 00:41:47 <tscherler>	and do let us do it ourself
+Sep 07 00:42:09 <tscherler>	you can use the templates and change them as we need
+Sep 07 00:42:12 <tscherler>	wdyt?
+Sep 07 00:42:34 <tscherler>	twilliams
+Sep 07 00:42:47 <tscherler>	you said the copy-of worked right?
+Sep 07 00:42:48 <twilliams_>	i'd prefer to just remove it from my system, start with document2html as a model and completely role our own
+Sep 07 00:43:13 <twilliams_>	so that we don't need to keep his license around 
+Sep 07 00:43:28 <twilliams_>	yes, on a match="/"
+Sep 07 00:43:41 <tscherler>	parse me the first 3 lines please
+Sep 07 00:44:01 <twilliams_>	huh?
+Sep 07 00:44:29 <tscherler>	of the output
+Sep 07 00:44:38 <tscherler>	here in this irc
+Sep 07 00:45:05 <twilliams_>	ok
+Sep 07 00:45:06 <twilliams_>	<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
+Sep 07 00:45:06 <twilliams_>	<!-- $Id: xhtml2html.xslt 127 2004-11-14 03:06:21Z etherealwake $ -->
+Sep 07 00:45:06 <twilliams_>	<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/xhtml2" xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/xhtml2">
+Sep 07 00:45:43 <tscherler>	and your template
+Sep 07 00:45:58 <twilliams_>	  <xsl:template match="/">
+Sep 07 00:45:58 <twilliams_>	   <xsl:comment> $Id: xhtml2html.xslt 127 2004-11-14 03:06:21Z etherealwake $ </xsl:comment>
+Sep 07 00:45:58 <twilliams_>	   <html>
+Sep 07 00:45:58 <twilliams_>	    <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
+Sep 07 00:45:58 <twilliams_>	   </html>
+Sep 07 00:45:59 <twilliams_>	  </xsl:template>
+Sep 07 00:46:21 <tscherler>	ok the 5 lines of the output
+Sep 07 00:46:52 <twilliams_>	  Do we need to incorporate this somewhere ?-->
+Sep 07 00:46:53 <twilliams_>	<html xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xml:lang="en" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/xhtml2/                           http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/SCHEMA/xhtml2.xsd">
+Sep 07 00:46:53 <twilliams_>	  <head> 
+Sep 07 00:46:53 <twilliams_>	    <title>XHTML 2 Template Page</title>
+Sep 07 00:46:53 <twilliams_>	    <meta property="abstract">A document detailing (almost) all of the existing and new xhtml2 elements.</meta> 
+Sep 07 00:46:55 <twilliams_>	  </head> 
+Sep 07 00:47:04 <twilliams_>	skipping the licensing stuff in the source file
+Sep 07 00:47:09 <twilliams_>	that also came through
+Sep 07 00:47:20 <tscherler>	ah
+Sep 07 00:51:05 <tscherler>	ok then i made a mistake
+Sep 07 00:51:52 <tscherler>	<xsl:template match="head">bla</xsl:template>
+Sep 07 00:52:18 <tscherler>	or <xsl:template match="html:head">bla</xsl:template>
+Sep 07 00:52:55 <tscherler>	and instead of  <xsl:copy-of select="."/> use <xsl:apply-templates />
+Sep 07 00:53:29 <twilliams_>	now we're getting somewhere
+Sep 07 00:53:41 <twilliams_>	...not completely sure where... but somewhere;)
+Sep 07 00:53:45 <tscherler>	jeje
+Sep 07 00:53:54 <tscherler>	I hope not a deadend ;-)
+Sep 07 00:54:05 <tscherler>	which one match?
+Sep 07 00:54:14 <tscherler>	better ask does it match?
+Sep 07 00:55:26 <twilliams_>	match="html:head" matches
+Sep 07 00:55:38 <tscherler>	ok
+Sep 07 00:56:04 <twilliams_>	now i'll go back to the original xsl and do a find/replace xhtml: with html: and it should work
+Sep 07 00:56:11 <tscherler>	+1
+Sep 07 00:56:13 <tscherler>	:)
+Sep 07 00:56:21 <twilliams_>	my progress will be slowed for a few with crying baby;(
+Sep 07 00:56:22 <tscherler>	thanks for being so patient 
+Sep 07 01:00:42 <twilliams_>	success.... finally... thanks much
+Sep 07 01:00:53 <tscherler>	to you
+Sep 07 01:00:54 <tscherler>	:)
+Sep 07 01:01:04 <tscherler>	good to hear
+Sep 07 01:02:59 <twilliams_>	is there anything special i need to do when checking in stuff like this that's under a different license?  
+Sep 07 01:03:09 <crossley>	no
+Sep 07 01:03:55 <crossley>	read the license, it is fine ... there are no conditions that go beyond the Apache License
+Sep 07 01:04:42 <crossley>	perhaps say where it came from in the 'svn log' or add a comment to the actual file.
+Sep 07 01:05:20 <twilliams_>	ok, i just didn't know if we keep a central pointer to anything not ASF2.0 licensed or not
+Sep 07 01:06:01 <--	nicolaken (n=chatzill@host190-154.pool80204.interbusiness.it) has left #for-s
+Sep 07 01:06:24 -->	nicolaken (n=chatzill@host190-154.pool80204.interbusiness.it) has joined #for-s
+Sep 07 01:06:33 <crossley>	no we don't. With jars we put a license, next to the jar with the same filename.
+Sep 07 01:07:51 -->	target (n=thorsten@242.Red-213-97-135.pooles.rima-tde.net) has joined #for-s
+Sep 07 01:08:21 ---	tscherler is now known as away
+Sep 07 01:08:24 <crossley>	with this, we meet the three conditions just by leaving the license header in place
+Sep 07 01:08:42 <--	away (n=thorsten@242.Red-213-97-135.pooles.rima-tde.net) has left #for-s
+Sep 07 01:09:48 <twilliams_>	ok thanks
+Sep 07 01:10:05 ---	target is now known as tscherler
+Sep 07 01:14:41 <twilliams_>	what's a URL to exercise the locationmap problem?  (e.g. http://localhost:8888/someurl)  I saw your pipe commit but don't know how to request it 
+Sep 07 01:14:58 <tscherler>	wait
+Sep 07 01:17:20 -->	ferdinandS (n=ferdinan@a2125952123.net-htp.de) has joined #for-S
+Sep 07 01:24:52 <tscherler>	getView-index
+Sep 07 01:25:05 <tscherler>	 http://localhost:8888/getView-index
+Sep 07 01:25:52 <tscherler>	twilliams
+Sep 07 01:26:13 <tscherler>	you need to change the generator
+Sep 07 01:26:38 <tscherler>	<map:generate src="{lm:getView/{1}}" />
+Sep 07 01:26:54 <twilliams_>	ok, i get a cocoon not found error on that
+Sep 07 01:27:15 <tscherler>	(16:26:51) tscherler: <map:generate src="{lm:getView/{1}}" />->on that?
+Sep 07 01:28:17 <twilliams_>	nope, mine had lm:views{1} instead of getView, i'll redeploy and try again
+Sep 07 01:28:35 <tscherler>	yeah
+Sep 07 01:28:38 <tscherler>	my fault
+Sep 07 01:28:42 <tscherler>	I just saw
+Sep 07 01:28:45 <tscherler>	sorry
+Sep 07 01:30:29 <--	ferdinandS has quit ("Chatzilla 0.9.68.5.1 [Firefox 1.0.6/20050716]")
+Sep 07 01:31:42 <twilliams_>	still a resource not found error, what was the error message you got?
+Sep 07 01:32:53 <twilliams_>	nevermind, i see it in the log file
+Sep 07 01:34:59 <tscherler>	ähm
+Sep 07 01:35:08 <tscherler>	depends on how you try it
+Sep 07 01:35:22 <tscherler>	are you doing forrest run in the new plugin?
+Sep 07 01:35:31 <twilliams_>	yes
+Sep 07 01:36:50 <tscherler>	hmm wiered
+Sep 07 01:38:12 <twilliams_>	i see the src attribute error in the log file; just a resource not found to the browser
+Sep 07 01:38:22 <twilliams_>	were you getting a more meaningful error to the browser?
+Sep 07 01:39:15 <twilliams_>	  Either way, you're passing an empty source string to the SourceTypeAction and it don't like that.  I'll try to see what the SourceTypeAction is looking for in that parameter and see if I can figure out how to get it what it wants
+Sep 07 01:39:34 <twilliams_>	ActNode line114
+Sep 07 01:41:30 <--	Ron_ has quit ("Chatzilla 0.9.68a [Firefox 1.0.6/20050722]")
+Sep 07 01:41:32 ---	tscherler is now known as tscherler_eating
+Sep 07 01:42:06 <twilliams_>	i think tscherler is having too much fun with this nick renaming thing;)
+Sep 07 01:42:08 <tscherler_eating>	I normally use eclipse
+Sep 07 01:42:29 <tscherler_eating>	no actually I have not eaten jet 
+Sep 07 01:42:35 <tscherler_eating>	I am starving marvin
+Sep 07 01:42:46 <tscherler_eating>	;-)
+Sep 07 01:43:08 <twilliams_>	wow, i'm surprised that phrase is international
+Sep 07 01:43:11 <tscherler_eating>	I start forrest in debug mode and then connect with eclipse in debbug mode
+Sep 07 01:43:29 <tscherler_eating>	(16:43:22) twilliams_: wow, i'm surprised that phrase is international-> too much South park
+Sep 07 01:43:34 <tscherler_eating>	I am big fan ;-)
+Sep 07 01:43:44 <twilliams_>	ahh...
+Sep 07 01:43:57 <tscherler_eating>	ok
+Sep 07 01:44:09 <tscherler_eating>	I will be afk for eat
+Sep 07 01:45:12 <twilliams_>	yeah, i haven't gotten into eclipse -- too steep a learning curve for me i suppose.  it's almost like one has to "think eclipse" before they "get it" -- not so different than Cocoon i suppose
+Sep 07 01:46:12 <crossley>	tim i see your commit of xhtml2html.xsl has changed some stuff in the stylesheet. Probably should commit the original, then make the changes.
+Sep 07 01:47:05 <tscherler_eating>	dude tim
+Sep 07 01:47:06 <twilliams_>	yep, didn't even think about that, sorry... i don't know how to revert an add though
+Sep 07 01:47:35 <tscherler_eating>	 <location src="{project:theme-sourcetypeDir}{sourcetype}{project:theme-ext}" />
+Sep 07 01:47:51 <tscherler_eating>	does that exist in your project?
+Sep 07 01:48:12 <tscherler_eating>	I am unsure whether I as well commited {project:theme-sourcetypeDir}
+Sep 07 01:48:17 <tscherler_eating>	moment
+Sep 07 01:48:23 <twilliams_>	yes i've got that one
+Sep 07 01:49:22 <tscherler_eating>	hmm
+Sep 07 01:49:26 <tscherler_eating>	how come?
+Sep 07 01:49:35 <tscherler_eating>	i have not committ it ;-)
+Sep 07 01:50:15 <twilliams_>	a little frightening i must admin... but it's there with a "Sourcetype-based" comment above it
+Sep 07 01:50:36 <crossley>	twilliams: 'svn delete; svn add'  i wonder.
+Sep 07 01:52:44 <crossley>	suppose it doesn't matter too much if it is temporary and we are going to remove it.
+Sep 07 01:53:06 <tscherler_eating>	twilliams I commited that
+Sep 07 01:53:11 <tscherler_eating>	now I am off eating
+Sep 07 01:54:31 <crossley>	i have some RELAX NG validation happening now locally, using xmllint
+Sep 07 01:55:17 <crossley>	our samples/xhtml2_subset.html almost gets there
+Sep 07 01:57:06 <Gav>	I spotted errors , <seperator /> should be <separator /> 
+Sep 07 01:57:26 <tscherler_eating>	@all svn up
+Sep 07 01:57:44 <tscherler_eating>	I checked in other stuff that was sitting on my hard drive
+Sep 07 02:01:37 <crossley>	Gav: i needed to remove the trailing slash from xmlns attribute on <html> element
+Sep 07 02:03:49 <Gav>	yep, I see it, thanks
+Sep 07 02:05:37 <crossley>	i will fix the file in svn whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.xhtml2/src/documentation/content/xdocs/samples/xhtml_subset.xml
+Sep 07 02:07:14 <Gav>	I have to go, back in 6 hours, will this still be going on then?
+Sep 07 02:08:06 <Gav>	crossley : can you replace the <separator /> error while your there
+Sep 07 02:08:33 <crossley>	Dunno, hope so. The day is twenty-four hours. I am going to bed soon and will check in tomorrow morning
+Sep 07 02:08:42 <crossley>	yes Gav will do.
+Sep 07 02:08:52 <Gav>	ok cheers
+Sep 07 02:09:15 ---	Gav is now known as Gav-
+Sep 07 02:09:18 <crossley>	see ya
+Sep 07 02:09:23 <Gav->	cya
+Sep 07 02:09:50 ---	Gav- is now known as Gav_Zzzzz
+Sep 07 02:23:51 ---	tscherler_eating is now known as tscherler
+Sep 07 02:30:38 <--	tscherler has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
+Sep 07 02:46:28 -->	target (n=thorsten@242.Red-213-97-135.pooles.rima-tde.net) has joined #for-s
+Sep 07 03:06:05 <nicolaken>	exit
+Sep 07 03:06:11 <nicolaken>	me goes
+Sep 07 03:06:17 <nicolaken>	bye
+Sep 07 03:06:19 <nicolaken>	cia
+Sep 07 03:06:20 <nicolaken>	o
+Sep 07 03:06:22 <nicolaken>	o
+Sep 07 03:06:31 <--	nicolaken (n=chatzill@host190-154.pool80204.interbusiness.it) has left #for-s
+Sep 07 03:13:21 <twilliams_>	did you crreate nodes for sourcetype and document-declaration?  or how ido they get to the SourceTypeAction?
+Sep 07 03:18:12 <target>	(18:13:35) twilliams_: did you crreate nodes for sourcetype and document-declaration?  or how ido they get to the SourceTypeAction?->me, hmm
+Sep 07 03:18:26 <target>	I cannot remember
+Sep 07 03:18:54 <target>	what does a svn blame say?
+Sep 07 03:19:18 ---	target is now known as tscherler
+Sep 07 03:23:33 <twilliams_>	i don't see nodes for them (e.g. SourceTypeNode, DocumentDeclarationNode but didn't know if you just hadn't checked them in yet.  
+Sep 07 03:24:11 <tscherler>	hmm
+Sep 07 03:24:19 <tscherler>	I check all my java stuff
+Sep 07 03:24:21 <tscherler>	in
+Sep 07 03:24:32 <tscherler>	that is matbe the bug ;-)
+Sep 07 03:25:03 <twilliams_>	bug?  beast maybe;)
+Sep 07 03:25:09 <tscherler>	jeje
+Sep 07 03:25:36 <tscherler>	btw you get the hack crown for the first tuesday
+Sep 07 03:25:54 <twilliams_>	AFAIK you get nothing for free with locationmaps.  syntax mimics sitemap but grammar has to be implemented
+Sep 07 03:26:12 <tscherler>	yeah
+Sep 07 03:26:22 <tscherler>	that kind of sucks
+Sep 07 03:26:29 <twilliams_>	a crown for chasing my tail?  wow
+Sep 07 03:26:58 <tscherler>	because we ending up to imitate all the grammars
+Sep 07 03:27:12 <tscherler>	I had two time implementations
+Sep 07 03:27:15 <twilliams_>	yeah, i suggested a while back that we should implement locationmap as a formal language just like sitemap so that it's known how to expand it
+Sep 07 03:27:37 <twilliams_>	but folks didn't think it'd grow that much
+Sep 07 03:27:38 <tscherler>	a crown for chasing my tail? -> jeje at least you chased the tail. ;-)
+Sep 07 03:27:51 <tscherler>	hmm
+Sep 07 03:28:05 <tscherler>	I cannot remember
+Sep 07 03:28:32 <tscherler>	but I thought the same when implementing the actions
+Sep 07 03:29:03 <twilliams_>	you know, that discussion may have been on the cocoon-users@ list
+Sep 07 03:29:44 <tscherler>	jeje
+Sep 07 03:30:08 <tscherler>	tail -f chase.tim(); 
+Sep 07 03:30:11 <tscherler>	jeje
+Sep 07 03:31:30 <twilliams_>	man roadblocks everywhere... simple transform, simple locationmap... perhaps we weren't mean to be productive today
+Sep 07 03:31:53 <tscherler>	I have not started yet ;-)
+Sep 07 03:32:43 <tscherler>	...but looking on the bug at work you may be right
+Sep 07 03:34:01 <twilliams_>	there's also the lack of the src attribute on your recursivedirectiorytraversal "act" node too but it seems to be happy with junk being passed to it for now
+Sep 07 03:34:12 <tscherler>	no
+Sep 07 03:34:20 <tscherler>	that is the actual problem
+Sep 07 03:34:28 <tscherler>	the @src has to be optional
+Sep 07 03:34:38 <tscherler>	but it drove me crazy
+Sep 07 03:34:48 <tscherler>	it was either or
+Sep 07 03:34:58 <tscherler>	either you have one then for all actions
+Sep 07 03:35:18 <tscherler>	or you do not have one then as well for all actions
+Sep 07 03:35:40 <tscherler>	I thought about getParameter("bla",null);
+Sep 07 03:36:01 <tscherler>	but AFAIR that did not work
+Sep 07 03:38:08 <twilliams_>	that is the actual problem ->  that's one of the actual problems;)
+Sep 07 03:43:10 <tscherler>	ok ;-)
+Sep 07 03:43:30 <tscherler>	What's the time for you?
+Sep 07 03:43:50 <twilliams_>	12:42pm
+Sep 07 03:44:06 <tscherler>	18:44:05
+Sep 07 03:44:18 <tscherler>	6 hours
+Sep 07 03:44:23 <tscherler>	east cost
+Sep 07 03:44:26 <tscherler>	¿?
+Sep 07 03:44:32 <twilliams_>	http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=25
+Sep 07 03:45:04 <twilliams_>	germany?
+Sep 07 03:45:23 <tscherler>	http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=321
+Sep 07 03:45:43 <tscherler>	born there live in seville
+Sep 07 03:47:19 <twilliams_>	i'm going to have to get some real work done pretty soon.. i'll listen in and be back this evening.  
+Sep 07 03:48:55 <twilliams_>	i think that we should consider this locationmap-Action problem later and focus on the xhtml2 for now.  it appears it's just used for fallback capability and we'll get that workin in the coming days.  wdyt?
+Sep 07 03:51:00 <tscherler>	actually the fallback wasworking fine till i played with the ressourcetype action
+Sep 07 03:51:07 <tscherler>	yes do not worry
+Sep 07 03:51:13 <tscherler>	I will overtake that
+Sep 07 03:51:22 <tscherler>	whithin an hour
+Sep 07 03:52:48 <tscherler>	just check in what you have
+Sep 07 03:52:57 <tscherler>	I will take careof the rest
+Sep 07 03:53:16 <tscherler>	if you want comment the code and add some hints
+Sep 07 03:53:18 <tscherler>	;-)
+Sep 07 03:54:15 <twilliams_>	umm.. i don't have anything.  other than a better undertsanding of how these actions are supposed to work;) but that's not helping you:(
+Sep 07 03:54:51 <twilliams_>	the actions take care of their own children and need to be configured
+Sep 07 03:55:02 <twilliams_>	that's Configured in terms of the lifecycle 
+Sep 07 03:55:14 <twilliams_>	i'm not sure if that's being done
+Sep 07 03:56:56 <twilliams_>	another wild goose chase, they're being configured properly
+Sep 07 03:57:23 <tscherler>	but that's not helping you -> it does
+Sep 07 03:57:25 <tscherler>	;-)
+Sep 07 03:57:48 <tscherler>	one more pair of eyes to watch
+Sep 07 03:58:07 <tscherler>	that is more then we can hope for ;-)
+Sep 07 04:27:45 <twilliams_>	where in the new pipeline will this xhtml2html stylesheet be used?
+Sep 07 04:28:16 <tscherler>	notsure
+Sep 07 04:28:43 <tscherler>	index.source.xml I guess
+Sep 07 04:29:50 <twilliams_>	that should return the real source (i.e. the XHTML2 data)
+Sep 07 04:31:32 <twilliams_>	what source data are the view templates working against now?
+Sep 07 04:32:50 <tscherler>	document2xhtml
+Sep 07 04:54:41 <tscherler>	I am going home cu u all later
+Sep 07 04:55:21 <--	tscherler (n=thorsten@242.Red-213-97-135.pooles.rima-tde.net) has left #for-s
+Sep 07 06:00:28 <--	dee_23 has quit ("Verlassend")
+Sep 07 06:21:13 -->	rgardler (n=rgardler@ip-213-92-134-135.aramiska-arc.aramiska.net) has joined #for-s
+Sep 07 06:21:37 <rgardler>	Wow, there are still loads of folk here (sorry I'm late)
+Sep 07 06:24:18 <twilliams_>	mostly just hanging out -- don't get too excited;)
+Sep 07 06:24:50 <rgardler>	I'm just looking at the commits, has anyone kept a wiki log of what has been discussed/decided?
+Sep 07 06:24:50 <twilliams_>	thorsten went home, probably be back up any time now
+Sep 07 06:25:19 <twilliams_>	No.  JennyCurran is logging this session I think though
+Sep 07 06:25:40 <twilliams_>	Not much has been done/decided anyway though
+Sep 07 06:27:46 <rgardler>	Well, I've been doing a roll out all day - very boring (I really should leave some bugs in so I have something to do on these days). I'm raring to get some really work done
+Sep 07 06:29:46 <twilliams_>	i wasn't sure where we were heading with your xhtml2html stylesheet but it's in svn now
+Sep 07 06:30:19 <rgardler>	Who's stylesheet?
+Sep 07 06:30:25 <twilliams_>	i found one online that [after much thorsten help] we were able to get working
+Sep 07 06:30:45 <twilliams_>	i say "your's" because the one that you mentioned in your email this morning
+Sep 07 06:30:48 <rgardler>	OK, I was just looking at the site, I can't find any license info, I assume it was checked?
+Sep 07 06:31:00 <twilliams_>	david checked it for me
+Sep 07 06:31:15 <rgardler>	Cool - I always trust David on such things ;-)
+Sep 07 06:31:31 <rgardler>	OK, did you folk have any discussion about what the processing pipeline should look like?
+Sep 07 06:31:57 <twilliams_>	umm... it was discussed at some point...
+Sep 07 06:32:11 <twilliams_>	... my eyes glazed over about mid-way through though
+Sep 07 06:32:27 <twilliams_>	cheche and thorsten got to going
+Sep 07 06:32:41 <twilliams_>	difficult for me to keep up
+Sep 07 06:33:19 <twilliams_>	I think david is logging this locally so if he gets back before cheche he can probably get you a log of that too
+Sep 07 06:33:48 <rgardler>	Are we epecting David back - it's real late in Aus.
+Sep 07 06:33:55 <twilliams_>	they were basically re-hashing much of what's in the TR it seemed
+Sep 07 06:34:19 <twilliams_>	i think he said he would check back in the morning... i didn't look to see what that meant
+Sep 07 06:34:40 <rgardler>	Oh, OK.
+Sep 07 06:34:57 <twilliams_>	5:34 there now, a couple hours maybe
+Sep 07 06:35:29 <rgardler>	I just did "svn up" and am looking at the XHTML2 plugin. I am not seeing a themed site, the CSS appears to be missing is that a local problem to me?
+Sep 07 06:35:49 <twilliams_>	no
+Sep 07 06:35:53 <twilliams_>	that's what it is
+Sep 07 06:36:12 <rgardler>	OK, so I best fix that then. Any ideas, or shall I just look to see what I see?
+Sep 07 06:36:31 <twilliams_>	wait
+Sep 07 06:36:45 <twilliams_>	are you talking about the whole site or just that xhtml2_subset file?
+Sep 07 06:37:14 <rgardler>	right now, I'm just talking about the index page
+Sep 07 06:37:34 <twilliams_>	somethings goofed then
+Sep 07 06:37:50 <rgardler>	At my end?
+Sep 07 06:37:59 <rgardler>	(meaning you see it OK)
+Sep 07 06:38:28 <twilliams_>	meaning it *should* be a regular view-enabled site
+Sep 07 06:38:45 <twilliams_>	i did enable views, i assume you've local-deplooyed them?
+Sep 07 06:40:01 <twilliams_>	yeah, i just svn-up'd re-deployed and it looks fine
+Sep 07 06:40:05 <--	gregor (n=gregor@apache/committer/gregor) has left #for-s
+Sep 07 06:40:24 <rgardler>	Yes, I think so (I'll redeploy) I notice a couple of params are missing - testing
+Sep 07 06:41:07 <twilliams_>	rebuilding forrest might also help
+Sep 07 06:41:35 <twilliams_>	i've done some locationmap tinkering today for a SourceTypeAction issue that thorsten was seeing
+Sep 07 06:42:03 <twilliams_>	although that shouldn't really have affected this
+Sep 07 06:43:24 <rgardler>	I'm getting some really strange errors - I'm going to test on a basic views site.
+Sep 07 06:50:35 <--	rgardler has quit (Remote closed the connection)
+Sep 07 06:52:06 -->	rgardler (n=rgardler@ip-213-92-134-135.aramiska-arc.aramiska.net) has joined #for-s
+Sep 07 06:52:45 <rgardler>	(I'm on a dodgy wireless connect so I will keep dropping out - this means I missed anything said in the last 5 minutes, anything directed at me should be repeatred)
+Sep 07 06:53:01 <rgardler>	Tim, can you do a test for me...
+Sep 07 06:53:07 <twilliams_>	sure
+Sep 07 06:53:16 <rgardler>	Go to the viewHelper plugin
+Sep 07 06:53:19 <rgardler>	do forrest run
+Sep 07 06:53:23 <twilliams_>	and i'm the only one talking right now so i'll make sure you're online;)
+Sep 07 06:53:24 <rgardler>	and localhost:8888
+Sep 07 06:53:34 <twilliams_>	...since you'll be the only one listening too;)
+Sep 07 06:53:40 <rgardler>	:-)
+Sep 07 06:54:25 <twilliams_>	ok
+Sep 07 06:54:38 <twilliams_>	i've got the vhiewhelper.xhtml project running
+Sep 07 06:55:22 <rgardler>	Damn! I get an error about needing a transformer before a generator???
+Sep 07 06:55:29 <rgardler>	I'll do a clean checkout
+Sep 07 06:55:50 <twilliams_>	did you svn up the whole project?
+Sep 07 06:57:40 <rgardler>	Yes, but I was doing some really strange stuff over the last couple of days trying to get Cocoon forms to work - I suspect I did something bad.
+Sep 07 06:58:02 <rgardler>	I'm doing a totally clean checkout
+Sep 07 06:58:12 <twilliams_>	ok
+Sep 07 06:58:35 <rgardler>	So, I'll review the TR and try and work the logic of the pipeline out
+Sep 07 06:59:30 <twilliams_>	ok, after i got the stylesheet working i just didn't know why it was necessary
+Sep 07 07:00:12 <rgardler>	:-) - maybe it isn't...
+Sep 07 07:00:18 <twilliams_>	i guess i thought that views are doing that internalstructure->html transform in pieceparts
+Sep 07 07:00:34 <twilliams_>	no, you're not supposed to tell me that
+Sep 07 07:00:48 <twilliams_>	you're supposed to go on about a big picture you had in mind;)
+Sep 07 07:01:03 <rgardler>	;-)
+Sep 07 07:01:31 <rgardler>	:-) you got it. I always like to make something work first, getting a page to display a complete set of our subset means that we can then chop it up into the views - exactly as you suggest
+Sep 07 07:02:05 <rgardler>	Since views remove the need for all the body-** type matches
+Sep 07 07:02:21 <rgardler>	we can start by feeding the full subset into an stylesheet
+Sep 07 07:02:24 <rgardler>	see it render
+Sep 07 07:02:40 <rgardler>	then add the views in - starting with the body tempalte
+Sep 07 07:02:50 <rgardler>	then add navigation
+Sep 07 07:02:53 <twilliams_>	content-main?
+Sep 07 07:03:01 <rgardler>	yes
+Sep 07 07:03:13 <twilliams_>	of course this brings up an interesting licensing dilemma i think
+Sep 07 07:03:34 <rgardler>	oh dear... lets hear it...
+Sep 07 07:03:57 <twilliams_>	if we chop that stylesheet up across the *.ft what's the implication for the license?
+Sep 07 07:04:36 <rgardler>	If David approved the license then it means we can modify it
+Sep 07 07:05:00 <rgardler>	We may need to credit each "chunk"
+Sep 07 07:05:10 <rgardler>	it may be easier to just rewrite it
+Sep 07 07:05:13 <twilliams_>	right, i guess my concern was having to put his credit/copyright notice on each *ft
+Sep 07 07:05:24 <twilliams_>	right, that was my concern
+Sep 07 07:05:25 <rgardler>	Nothing says we can't use it for inspiration
+Sep 07 07:05:47 <twilliams_>	i considered it temporary -- i think everyone did, just to get us going
+Sep 07 07:06:08 <cheche>	hiya.... rgardler here you have a full log of todays session.... ( in case you miss something..) http://casa.che-che.com/~bot/forrest/forrest.log.06Sep2005
+Sep 07 07:06:10 <rgardler>	That's cool then, as long as we don;t cut and paste from it we should be OK.
+Sep 07 07:06:11 <twilliams_>	just didn't want to use it too far
+Sep 07 07:06:25 <twilliams_>	cool
+Sep 07 07:06:33 <rgardler>	HI Cheche
+Sep 07 07:06:50 <rgardler>	thanks for the link - I'm waiting for a clean checkout of Forrest, I'll go read the logs
+Sep 07 07:07:31 <cheche>	I am so sorry that I could not help today, but I am busy with lot of stuff..., but It is very nice to see how good this tuesday has been
+Sep 07 07:31:14 <rgardler>	Hurrah - I got a new copy of Forrest and all my really weird errors have gone
+Sep 07 07:31:20 <rgardler>	Now to do some work
+Sep 07 07:31:40 <rgardler>	I read the log (thanks cheche) but I'm confused, so I'm just going to get on with it
+Sep 07 07:31:56 <rgardler>	We can edit when it is shown to be rubbish ;-)
+Sep 07 07:58:44 <twilliams_>	i just responded to your latest commit in email, is that prefered or here?
+Sep 07 08:00:46 <rgardler>	If you mean the removal of the action stuff (I've not read the mail) I realised my mistake.
+Sep 07 08:00:50 <rgardler>	I'm just reverting now
+Sep 07 08:10:50 <rgardler>	Tim - you monitroing still?
+Sep 07 08:11:19 <twilliams_>	yep
+Sep 07 08:12:08 <rgardler>	About this action thing
+Sep 07 08:12:19 <rgardler>	I get No attribute named "src" is associated with the configuration element "act" at null:111:54
+Sep 07 08:12:22 <rgardler>	whenever I use the locationmap
+Sep 07 08:12:24 <rgardler>	any ideas?

[... 852 lines stripped ...]


Mime
View raw message