forrest-site-svn mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From cross...@apache.org
Subject svn commit: r527020 [14/20] - in /forrest/site: ./ docs_0_80/ docs_0_80/howto/ docs_0_80/howto/cvs-ssh/ docs_0_80/howto/multi/ dtdx/ plan/ pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/ pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/ procedures/ procedures/release/ skins/ tools/
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 04:44:05 GMT
Modified: forrest/site/guidelines.html
URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/forrest/site/guidelines.html?view=diff&rev=527020&r1=527019&r2=527020
==============================================================================
--- forrest/site/guidelines.html (original)
+++ forrest/site/guidelines.html Mon Apr  9 21:44:00 2007
@@ -292,324 +292,328 @@
 <a href="#develop">Development procedure</a>
 </li>
 </ul>
-</div> 
-
-  
+</div>
+    
 <p>
-   This document provides the guidelines under which the Apache Forrest
-   project operates. It defines the roles and responsibilities, who may vote,
-   how voting works, how conflicts are resolved, etc.
-   Apache Forrest is a project of The Apache Software Foundation
-   (<a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/">ASF</a>) which is a
-   non-profit corporation. As with all such organisations there are some
-   procedures to be followed.
-   The ASF website explains the
-   operation and background of the ASF. These project guidelines supplement that
-   ASF documentation. Normally these guidelines are not needed - the project
-   just gets on with its day-to-day operation - but they enable
-   all people to understand how the project operates.
-  </p>
-
-  
+      This document provides the guidelines under which the Apache Forrest
+      project operates. It defines the roles and responsibilities, who may vote,
+      how voting works, how conflicts are resolved, etc. Apache Forrest is a
+      project of The Apache Software Foundation
+      (<a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/">ASF</a>) which is a
+      non-profit corporation. As with all such organisations there are some
+      procedures to be followed. The ASF website explains the operation and
+      background of the ASF. These project guidelines supplement that ASF
+      documentation. Normally these guidelines are not needed - the project just
+      gets on with its day-to-day operation - but they enable all people to
+      understand how the project operates.
+    </p>
+    
 <a name="N10014"></a><a name="mission"></a>
 <h2 class="underlined_10">The mission of Apache Forrest</h2>
 <div class="section">
 <p>
-      The creation and maintenance of open-source software for distribution
-      at no charge to the public, with the purpose of generation of aggregated
-      multi-channel documentation maintaining a separation of content
-      and presentation.
-    </p>
+        The creation and maintenance of open-source software for distribution at
+        no charge to the public, with the purpose of generation of aggregated
+        multi-channel documentation maintaining a separation of content and
+        presentation.
+      </p>
 </div>
-
-  
+    
 <a name="N1001E"></a><a name="way"></a>
 <h2 class="underlined_10">Open development</h2>
 <div class="section">
 <p>
-      Forrest is typical of Apache projects, in that it operates under a set of
-      principles that encourage open development. There is no clear definition 
-      (perhaps that is part of it) and it is ever-evolving. Each ASF project is different
-      in its own way - there is healthy diversity rather than uniformity across all projects.
-      The main principles are to facilitate open collaborative development, with respect for
-      others; to ensure that there is a healthy community (even to give community issues
-      higher priority than code issues); to use a consensus-based approach;
-      to ensure that each
-      <a href="#contribution">contributor</a> is recognised and
-      feels a productive part of the community; to encourage diversity; to make the project a nice place to be.
-    </p>
-<p>
-      Each project, as part of the
-      <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2004/board_minutes_2004_05_26.txt">resolution</a>
-      that formed its Project Management Committee (<a href="#pmc">PMC</a>),
-      creates its set of project guidelines intended to encourage open development and
-      increased participation. These facilitate the project to conduct its main charge,
-      which is the creation and maintenance of open-source software for distribution at no
-      charge to the public with the purpose of its
-      <a href="#mission">mission</a>.
-    </p>
-<p>
-      For more information about the way that Apache projects operate, please refer to
-      the
-      <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/">ASF foundation</a>
-      and
-      <a href="http://www.apache.org/dev/">ASF developer</a> sections
-      of the ASF website, including the
-      <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/bylaws.html">ASF ByLaws</a>
-      and the
-      <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html">How it works</a> document,
-      the 
-      <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/faq.html">FAQs</a>
-      about the Foundation, and the
-      <a href="http://incubator.apache.org/">Incubator project</a>.
-    </p>
+        Forrest is typical of Apache projects, in that it operates under a set
+        of principles that encourage open development. There is no clear
+        definition (perhaps that is part of it) and it is ever-evolving. Each
+        ASF project is different in its own way - there is healthy diversity
+        rather than uniformity across all projects. The main principles are to
+        facilitate open collaborative development, with respect for others; to
+        ensure that there is a healthy community (even to give community issues
+        higher priority than code issues); to use a consensus-based approach; to
+        ensure that each <a href="#contribution">contributor</a> is
+        recognised and feels a productive part of the community; to encourage
+        diversity; to make the project a nice place to be.
+      </p>
+<p>
+        Each project, as part of the
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2004/board_minutes_2004_05_26.txt">resolution</a>
+        that formed its Project Management Committee
+        (<a href="#pmc">PMC</a>), creates its set of project guidelines
+        intended to encourage open development and increased participation.
+        These facilitate the project to conduct its main charge, which is the
+        creation and maintenance of open-source software for distribution at no
+        charge to the public with the purpose of its
+        <a href="#mission">mission</a>.
+      </p>
+<p>
+        For more information about the way that Apache projects operate, please
+        refer to the <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/">ASF
+        foundation</a> and <a href="http://www.apache.org/dev/">ASF
+        developer</a> sections of the ASF website, including the
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/bylaws.html">ASF
+        ByLaws</a> and the <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html">How it works</a>
+        document, the
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/faq.html">FAQs</a> about
+        the Foundation, and the
+        <a href="http://incubator.apache.org/">Incubator project</a>.
+      </p>
 </div>
-
-  
+    
 <a name="N10056"></a><a name="roles"></a>
 <h2 class="underlined_10">Roles and responsibilities</h2>
 <div class="section">
-<p>The meritocracy enables various roles as defined in the
-      <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html">How it works</a> document.
-    </p>
 <p>
-    
-<a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#users">user</a> |
-    <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#developers">developer</a> |
-    <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#committers">committer</a> |
-    <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#pmc-members">PMC member</a> |
-    <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#asf-members">ASF member</a>
-    
+        The meritocracy enables various roles as defined in the
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html">How it works</a> document.
+      </p>
+<p>
+        
+<a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#users">user</a>
+        |
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#developers">developer</a>
+        |
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#committers">committer</a>
+        |
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#pmc-members">PMC
+        member</a> |
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#asf-members">ASF
+        member</a>
+      
 </p>
-<p>The Apache Forrest committers and PMC members are
-      <a href="who.html">listed</a>.
-    </p>
+<p>
+        The Apache Forrest committers and PMC members are
+        <a href="who.html">listed</a>.
+      </p>
 </div>
-
-  
+    
 <a name="N10082"></a><a name="pmc"></a>
 <h2 class="underlined_10">Project Management Committee (PMC)</h2>
 <div class="section">
-<p>The Apache Forrest project was established in January 2002 and became a
-      top-level project in May 2004.
-      The Project Management Committee (PMC) was created by a
-      <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2004/board_minutes_2004_05_26.txt">resolution</a>
-      of the board of the Apache Software Foundation.
-      See explanation of the role of the PMC in that resolution and also the
-      <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/bylaws.html">ASF Bylaws</a>
-      and 
-      <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#pmc">How-it-works</a>
-      and this
-      <a href="http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200311.mbox/%3C7025D8A1-1D0F-11D8-8AF4-000393753936@apache.org%3E">mail thread</a>.
-    </p>
+<p>
+        The Apache Forrest project was established in January 2002 and became a
+        top-level project in May 2004. The Project Management Committee (PMC)
+        was created by a
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2004/board_minutes_2004_05_26.txt">resolution</a>
+        of the board of the Apache Software Foundation. See explanation of the
+        role of the PMC in that resolution and also the
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/bylaws.html">ASF
+        Bylaws</a> and
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#pmc">How-it-works</a>
+        and this
+        <a href="http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200311.mbox/%3C7025D8A1-1D0F-11D8-8AF4-000393753936@apache.org%3E">mail
+        thread</a>.
+      </p>
 <a name="pmc-committers"></a>
 <p id="pmc-committers">
-      At Forrest, the group of PMC members essentially equates to the group of
-      committers. We encourage all committers to be PMC members. See explanation
-      <a href="#elect">below</a>. See the "<a href="who.html">who we are</a>"
-      page for explanation of why some committers from the old project are not
-      PMC members.
-    </p>
+        At Forrest, the group of PMC members essentially equates to the group of
+        committers. We encourage all committers to be PMC members. See
+        explanation <a href="#elect">below</a>. See the
+        "<a href="who.html">who we are</a>" page for explanation of why
+        some committers from the old project are not PMC members.
+      </p>
+<p>
+        PMC members can be as active as they choose, with no pressure from the
+        project. People can be quiet and speak up occasionally when they see a
+        topic that motivates them enough to contribute to the discussion or to
+        cast a vote. Individual PMC members do not need to be involved in every
+        aspect of the project. As a group, the PMC will maintain sufficient
+        oversight.
+      </p>
 <p>
-      PMC members can be as active as they choose, with no pressure from the
-      project. People can be quiet and speak up occasionally when they see a
-      topic that motivates them enough to contribute to the discussion or to
-      cast a vote. Individual PMC members do not need to be involved in every
-      aspect of the project. As a group, the PMC will maintain sufficient oversight.
-    </p>
-<p>The responsibilities of the PMC include:</p>
+        The responsibilities of the PMC include:
+      </p>
 <ul>
-      
+        
 <li>Be familiar with these project guidelines, and the
       ASF Bylaws, and with the ASF documentation and procedures
       in general.</li>
-      
+        
 <li>Keep oversight of the commit log messages and ensure that
        the codebase does not have copyright and license issues, and that the
        project is heading in the desired direction.</li>
-      
+        
 <li>Keep oversight of the mailing lists and community to ensure that
        the <a href="#way">open development</a> ideals are upheld.</li>
-      
+        
 <li>Resolve license disputes regarding products of the project,
         including other supporting software that is re-distributed.</li>
-      
+        
 <li>Decide what is distributed as products of the project.
         In particular all releases must be approved by the PMC.</li>
-      
+        
 <li>Guide the direction of the project.</li>
-      
+        
 <li>Strive for and help to facilitate a harmonious productive community.</li>
-      
+        
 <li>Nominate new PMC members and committers.</li>
-      
+        
 <li>Maintain the project's shared resources, including the
         codebase repository, mailing lists, websites.</li>
-      
+        
 <li>Speak on behalf of the project.</li>
-      
+        
 <li>Maintain these and other guidelines of the project.</li>
-    
+      
 </ul>
 <p>
-      The PMC does have a private mailing list on which it can discuss
-      certain issues. However this list is rarely used and every effort
-      is made to conduct all discussion on the public mailing lists.
-    </p>
+        The PMC does have a private mailing list on which it can discuss certain
+        issues. However this list is rarely used and every effort is made to
+        conduct all discussion on the public mailing lists.
+      </p>
 <p>
-      Membership of the PMC is by invitation only and must receive
-      consensus approval of the PMC members.
-    </p>
+        Membership of the PMC is by invitation only and must receive consensus
+        approval of the PMC members.
+      </p>
 <p>
-      The actual list of PMC members is in the SVN "committers" repository
-      at /board/committee-info.txt and is reflected at the
-      "<a href="who.html">who we are</a>" page.
-    </p>
+        The actual list of PMC members is in the SVN "committers" repository at
+        /board/committee-info.txt and is reflected at the
+        "<a href="who.html">who we are</a>" page.
+      </p>
 <a name="emeritus"></a>
 <p id="emeritus">
-      A PMC member is considered "emeritus" by their own declaration, e.g.
-      perhaps personal reasons. Please send a note to the PMC private mail list
-      and we will follow up to request acknowledgement of the Board.
-      An emeritus member may
-      request reinstatement to the PMC. Such reinstatement is subject to
-      consensus approval of the PMC members. Membership of the PMC can be
-      revoked by unanimous consensus of PMC members (other than
-      the member in question).
-    </p>
-<p>
-      The chair of the PMC is appointed by the Board and is an officer of
-      the ASF (Vice President). The chair has primary responsibility to the
-      Board, and has the power to establish rules and procedures for the
-      day-to-day management of the communities for which the PMC is
-      responsible, including the composition of the PMC itself.
-      The chair reports to the board every three months about the status of the
-      project. The PMC may consider the position of PMC chair annually and 
-      may recommend a new chair to the board.
-      Ultimately, however, it is the board's responsibility who it chooses
-      to appoint as the PMC chair.
-      See further explanation of the role of the chair in the
-      <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/bylaws.html">ASF Bylaws</a>
-      and the
-      <a href="http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#chair">PMC FAQ</a>
-    
+        A PMC member is considered "emeritus" by their own declaration, e.g.
+        perhaps personal reasons. Please send a note to the PMC private mail
+        list and we will follow up to request acknowledgement of the Board. An
+        emeritus member may request reinstatement to the PMC. Such reinstatement
+        is subject to consensus approval of the PMC members. Membership of the
+        PMC can be revoked by unanimous consensus of PMC members (other than the
+        member in question).
+      </p>
+<p>
+        The chair of the PMC is appointed by the Board and is an officer of the
+        ASF (Vice President). The chair has primary responsibility to the Board,
+        and has the power to establish rules and procedures for the day-to-day
+        management of the communities for which the PMC is responsible,
+        including the composition of the PMC itself. The chair reports to the
+        board every three months about the status of the project. The PMC may
+        consider the position of PMC chair annually and may recommend a new
+        chair to the board. Ultimately, however, it is the board's
+        responsibility who it chooses to appoint as the PMC chair. See further
+        explanation of the role of the chair in the
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/bylaws.html">ASF
+        Bylaws</a> and the
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#chair">PMC FAQ</a>
+      
 </p>
 <a name="N100F1"></a><a name="report"></a>
 <h3 class="underlined_5">Quarterly reports to ASF Board</h3>
 <p>
-        Every three months, it is the responsibility of our PMC chair to
-        send a report to the ASF Board. This is mainly concerned with the
-        status of our community, but can also include the technical progress.
-        Further details are in the "committers" SVN in the /board/ directory.
-      </p>
-<p>
-        The minutes are available for each
-        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html">
-        board meeting</a>. Our reporting schedule is: Feb, May, Aug, Nov.
-      </p>
+          Every three months, it is the responsibility of our PMC chair to send
+          a report to the ASF Board. This is mainly concerned with the status of
+          our community, but can also include the technical progress. Further
+          details are in the "committers" SVN in the /board/ directory.
+        </p>
+<p>
+          The minutes are available for each
+          <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html">
+          board meeting</a>. Our reporting schedule is: Feb, May, Aug, Nov.
+        </p>
 <a name="N10102"></a><a name="elect"></a>
 <h3 class="underlined_5">Electing new committers and PMC members</h3>
 <p>
-        When we see new people who are committed and consistent, we will discuss
-        each case to ensure that the PMC is in agreement. See the list of
-        <a href="committed.html">qualities</a> that we look for.
-        We conduct the vote on the private PMC mailing list to enable a frank
-        discussion and so that we do not conduct public discussions about people.
-      </p>
-<p>
-        In most cases we will be inviting people to go straight from developer
-        to PMC member, i.e. they simultaneously become committer and PMC
-        member. We always want new committers to also be PMC members. Otherwise
-        they do not have a binding vote and so we would create classes of
-        committers. Another issue is
-        <a href="http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200311.mbox/%3C7025D8A1-1D0F-11D8-8AF4-000393753936@apache.org%3E">indemnification</a>.
-        However, when we invite a new committer we do let them choose not to be
-        on the PMC, though we do not encourage that.
-      </p>
-<p>
-        However, there may be extraordinary cases where we want
-        limited work-related commit access and so the committer is not also a
-        PMC member (e.g. perhaps temporary access for
-        <a href="http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode">GSoC</a>).
-        This will be resolved during the discussion and vote.
-      </p>
-<p>
-        PMC members can also see further
-        <a href="https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/pmc/forrest/pmc-member-vote.txt">notes</a>
-        about the process of electing new people.
-      </p>
+          When we see new people who are committed and consistent, we will
+          discuss each case to ensure that the PMC is in agreement. See the list
+          of <a href="committed.html">qualities</a> that we look for. We
+          conduct the vote on the private PMC mailing list to enable a frank
+          discussion and so that we do not conduct public discussions about
+          people.
+        </p>
+<p>
+          In most cases we will be inviting people to go straight from developer
+          to PMC member, i.e. they simultaneously become committer and PMC
+          member. We always want new committers to also be PMC members.
+          Otherwise they do not have a binding vote and so we would create
+          classes of committers. Another issue is
+          <a href="http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200311.mbox/%3C7025D8A1-1D0F-11D8-8AF4-000393753936@apache.org%3E">indemnification</a>.
+          However, when we invite a new committer we do let them choose not to
+          be on the PMC, though we do not encourage that.
+        </p>
+<p>
+          However, there may be extraordinary cases where we want limited
+          work-related commit access and so the committer is not also a PMC
+          member (e.g. perhaps temporary access for
+          <a href="http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode">GSoC</a>).
+          This will be resolved during the discussion and vote.
+        </p>
+<p>
+          PMC members can also see further
+          <a href="https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/pmc/forrest/pmc-member-vote.txt">notes</a>
+          about the process of electing new people.
+        </p>
 </div>
-
-  
+    
 <a name="N10126"></a><a name="decision"></a>
 <h2 class="underlined_10">Decision making</h2>
 <div class="section">
 <p>
-      Different types of decisions require different
-      forms of approval. For example, the previous section describes
-      several decisions which require "consensus approval". This
-      section defines how voting is performed, the types of approval, and which
-      types of decision require which type of approval.
-    </p>
+        Different types of decisions require different forms of approval. For
+        example, the previous section describes several decisions which require
+        "consensus approval". This section defines how voting is performed, the
+        types of approval, and which types of decision require which type of
+        approval.
+      </p>
 <p>
-      Most day-to-day operations do not require explicit voting - just get on
-      and do the work. See the "Lazy approval" type described below.
-    </p>
+        Most day-to-day operations do not require explicit voting - just get on
+        and do the work. See the "Lazy approval" type described below.
+      </p>
 <a name="N10132"></a><a name="voting"></a>
 <h3 class="underlined_5">Voting</h3>
 <p>
-        Certain actions and decisions regarding the project are made by votes
-        on the project development mailing list. Where necessary,
-        PMC voting may take place on the private PMC mailing list.
-      </p>
-<p>
-        Votes are clearly indicated by subject line starting with [VOTE].
-        Discussion and proposal should have happened prior to the vote.
-        Voting is carried out by replying to the vote mail. 
-        See <a href="#procedure">voting procedure</a> below.
-        Votes are expressed using one of the following symbols:
-      </p>
+          Certain actions and decisions regarding the project are made by votes
+          on the project development mailing list. Where necessary, PMC voting
+          may take place on the private PMC mailing list.
+        </p>
+<p>
+          Votes are clearly indicated by subject line starting with [VOTE].
+          Discussion and proposal should have happened prior to the vote. Voting
+          is carried out by replying to the vote mail. See
+          <a href="#procedure">voting procedure</a> below. Votes are
+          expressed using one of the following symbols:
+        </p>
 <table class="ForrestTable" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4">
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>+1</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>+1</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             "Yes," "Agree," or "the action should be
             performed." In general, this vote also indicates a willingness
             on the behalf of the voter to assist with "making it happen".
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>+0</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>+0</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             This vote indicates a willingness for the action under
             consideration to go ahead. The voter, however will not be able
             to help.
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>-0</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>-0</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             This vote indicates that the voter does not, in general, agree with
             the proposed action but is not concerned enough to prevent the
             action going ahead.
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>-1</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>-1</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             This is a negative vote. On issues where consensus is required,
             this vote counts as a <a href="#veto">veto</a>.
             All vetoes must
@@ -617,76 +621,77 @@
             no explanation are void. It may also be appropriate for a -1 vote
             to include an alternative course of action.
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>abstain</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">People can abstain from voting. They can either remain
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>abstain</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">People can abstain from voting. They can either remain
           silent or express their reason.
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-      
+        
 </table>
 <p>
-        All participants in the project are encouraged to show their
-        preference for a particular action by voting. When the votes are
-        tallied, only the votes of PMC members are binding. Non-binding
-        votes are still useful to enable everyone to understand the
-        perception of an action by the wider community.
-      </p>
-<p>
-        Voting can also be applied to changes made to the project codebase. These
-        typically take the form of a veto (-1) in reply to the commit message
-        sent when the commit is made.
-      </p>
-<a name="N10196"></a><a name="approvals"></a>
+          All participants in the project are encouraged to show their
+          preference for a particular action by voting. When the votes are
+          tallied, only the votes of PMC members are binding. Non-binding votes
+          are still useful to enable everyone to understand the perception of an
+          action by the wider community.
+        </p>
+<p>
+          Voting can also be applied to changes made to the project codebase.
+          These typically take the form of a veto (-1) in reply to the commit
+          message sent when the commit is made.
+        </p>
+<a name="N1019B"></a><a name="approvals"></a>
 <h3 class="underlined_5">Types of approval</h3>
 <p>
-        Different actions require different types of approval:
-      </p>
+          Different actions require different types of approval:
+        </p>
 <table class="ForrestTable" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4">
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Consensus approval</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Consensus approval</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             Consensus approval requires 3 binding +1 votes and no binding vetoes.
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Lazy majority</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Lazy majority</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1
             votes than -1 votes.
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Lazy approval</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Lazy approval</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             An action with lazy approval is implicitly allowed unless a -1 vote
             is received, at which time, depending on the type of action, either
             lazy majority or consensus approval must be obtained.
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>2/3 majority</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>2/3 majority</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             Some actions require a 2/3 majority of PMC members.
             Such actions typically affect the foundation
             of the project (e.g. adopting a new codebase to replace an existing
@@ -694,368 +699,377 @@
             are strongly supported. To pass this vote requires at least 2/3 of
             the votes that are cast to be +1.
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Unanimous consensus</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Unanimous consensus</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             All of the votes that are cast are to be +1 and there
             can be no binding vetoes (-1).
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-      
+        
 </table>
-<a name="N101E9"></a><a name="veto"></a>
+<a name="N101F3"></a><a name="veto"></a>
 <h3 class="underlined_5">Vetoes</h3>
 <p>
-        A valid veto cannot be over-ruled, it can only be withdrawn by its issuer.
-        Any veto must be accompanied by reasoning and be prepared to defend it.
-      </p>
-<p>
-        The validity of a veto, if challenged, can be confirmed by anyone who
-        has a binding vote. This does not necessarily signify agreement with the
-        veto - merely that the veto is valid. In case of disputes about whether
-        a veto is valid, then opinion of the PMC chair is final.
-      </p>
-<p>
-        If you disagree with a valid veto, then you must engage the person
-        casting the veto to further discuss the issues. The vetoer is obliged
-        to vote early and to then work with the community to resolve
-        the matter.
-      </p>
-<p>
-        If a veto is not withdrawn, the action that has been vetoed must
-        be reversed in a timely manner.
-      </p>
-<a name="N101FC"></a><a name="actions"></a>
+          A valid veto cannot be over-ruled, it can only be withdrawn by its
+          issuer. Any veto must be accompanied by reasoning and be prepared to
+          defend it.
+        </p>
+<p>
+          The validity of a veto, if challenged, can be confirmed by anyone who
+          has a binding vote. This does not necessarily signify agreement with
+          the veto - merely that the veto is valid. In case of disputes about
+          whether a veto is valid, then opinion of the PMC chair is final.
+        </p>
+<p>
+          If you disagree with a valid veto, then you must engage the person
+          casting the veto to further discuss the issues. The vetoer is obliged
+          to vote early and to then work with the community to resolve the
+          matter.
+        </p>
+<p>
+          If a veto is not withdrawn, the action that has been vetoed must be
+          reversed in a timely manner.
+        </p>
+<a name="N10206"></a><a name="actions"></a>
 <h3 class="underlined_5">Actions</h3>
 <p>
-        This section describes the various actions which are undertaken within
-        the project, the corresponding approval required for that action, and
-        those who have binding votes over the action.
-      </p>
+          This section describes the various actions which are undertaken within
+          the project, the corresponding approval required for that action, and
+          those who have binding votes over the action.
+        </p>
 <table class="ForrestTable" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4">
-        
-<tr>
           
+<tr>
+            
 <th colspan="1" rowspan="1">Action</th>
-          <th colspan="1" rowspan="1">Description</th>
-          <th colspan="1" rowspan="1">Approval</th>
-          <th colspan="1" rowspan="1">Binding Votes</th>
-        
+            <th colspan="1" rowspan="1">Description</th>
+            <th colspan="1" rowspan="1">Approval</th>
+            <th colspan="1" rowspan="1">Binding Votes</th>
+          
 </tr>
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Code change</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Code change</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             A change made to a codebase of the project by a committer.
             This includes source code, documentation, website content, etc.
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             Lazy approval
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             PMC members
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Release plan</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Release plan</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             Defines the timetable and actions for a release.
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             Lazy majority
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             PMC members
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Product release</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Product release</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             When a release of one of the project's products is ready, a vote is
             required to accept the release as an official release of the
             project.
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             Lazy majority
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             PMC members
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Adoption of new codebase</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Adoption of new codebase</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             When the codebase for an existing, released product is to be
             replaced with an alternative codebase. If such a vote fails to
             gain approval, the existing code base will continue.
             This also covers the creation of new sub-projects
             within the project.
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             2/3 majority
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             PMC members
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>New committer</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>New committer</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             When a new committer is proposed for the project.
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             Consensus approval
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
            PMC members
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>New PMC member</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>New PMC member</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             When a new member is proposed for the PMC.
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             Consensus approval
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             PMC members
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Reinstate emeritus member</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Reinstate emeritus member</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             An emeritus PMC member can be reinstated.
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             Consensus approval
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             PMC members (excluding the member in question)
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Committer removal</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>Committer removal</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             When removal of commit privileges is sought.
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             Unanimous consensus
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             PMC members (excluding the committer in question if a
             member of the PMC)
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-        
-<tr>
           
-<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>PMC member removal</strong></td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+<tr>
+            
+<td colspan="1" rowspan="1"><strong>PMC member removal</strong>
+            </td>
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             When removal of a PMC member is sought.
             See also section 6.5 of the ASF Bylaws whereby the ASF Board may
             remove a PMC member.
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             Unanimous consensus
           </td>
-          <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
+            <td colspan="1" rowspan="1">
             PMC members (excluding the member in question)
           </td>
-        
+          
 </tr>
-      
+        
 </table>
-<a name="N102F8"></a><a name="timeframe"></a>
+<a name="N1030B"></a><a name="timeframe"></a>
 <h3 class="underlined_5">Voting timeframes</h3>
 <p>
-        Votes are normally open for a period of one week to allow all active voters
-        time to consider the vote. If the vote has not achieved a quorum
-        (the chair decides if sufficient people have voted),
-        then it can be extended for another week. If still no quorum, then
-        the vote fails, and would need to be raised again later.
-        Votes relating to code changes are not subject to a strict timetable,
-        but should be made as timely as possible.
-      </p>
-<p>
-        Be careful about holidays when calling a vote. This is hard when we do
-        not know customs in every part of the world. So if someone knows that
-        there is a problem with the vote timing, then please say so.
-      </p>
-<a name="N10305"></a><a name="procedure"></a>
+          Votes are normally open for a period of one week to allow all active
+          voters time to consider the vote. If the vote has not achieved a
+          quorum (the chair decides if sufficient people have voted), then it
+          can be extended for another week. If still no quorum, then the vote
+          fails, and would need to be raised again later. Votes relating to code
+          changes are not subject to a strict timetable, but should be made as
+          timely as possible.
+        </p>
+<p>
+          Be careful about holidays when calling a vote. This is hard when we do
+          not know customs in every part of the world. So if someone knows that
+          there is a problem with the vote timing, then please say so.
+        </p>
+<a name="N10318"></a><a name="procedure"></a>
 <h3 class="underlined_5">Voting procedure</h3>
 <p>
-        Discussion about the topic would have already happened in a [Proposal]
-        email thread to express the issues and opinions. The [Vote] thread is
-        to ratify the proposal if that is felt to be necessary.
-      </p>
-<p>
-        The instigator sends the Vote email to the dev mailing list.
-        Describe the issue with no ambiguity and in a positive sense.
-        Define the date and time for the end of the vote period.
-      </p>
-<p>
-        Votes are expressed by replying email using the
-        <a href="#voting">voting symbols</a> defined above.
-        Voters can change their vote during the timeframe.
-        At the end of the vote period, the instigator tallies the number of
-        final votes and reports the results.
-      </p>
-<a name="N10319"></a><a name="ultimatum"></a>
+          Discussion about the topic would have already happened in a [Proposal]
+          email thread to express the issues and opinions. The [Vote] thread is
+          to ratify the proposal if that is felt to be necessary.
+        </p>
+<p>
+          The instigator sends the Vote email to the dev mailing list. Describe
+          the issue with no ambiguity and in a positive sense. Define the date
+          and time for the end of the vote period.
+        </p>
+<p>
+          Votes are expressed by replying email using the
+          <a href="#voting">voting symbols</a> defined above. Voters can
+          change their vote during the timeframe. At the end of the vote period,
+          the instigator tallies the number of final votes and reports the
+          results.
+        </p>
+<a name="N1032C"></a><a name="ultimatum"></a>
 <h3 class="underlined_5">Ultimatum and breakdown</h3>
 <p>
-        For breakdown situations and those requiring unanimous consensus,
-        if this consensus cannot be reached within the extended timeframe,
-        then the Board expects the chair to act as the officer of the
-        Foundation and make the ultimate decision.
-      </p>
+          For breakdown situations and those requiring unanimous consensus, if
+          this consensus cannot be reached within the extended timeframe, then
+          the Board expects the chair to act as the officer of the Foundation
+          and make the ultimate decision.
+        </p>
 </div>
-
-  
-<a name="N10324"></a><a name="communication"></a>
+    
+<a name="N10337"></a><a name="communication"></a>
 <h2 class="underlined_10">Communication channels</h2>
 <div class="section">
 <p>
-      The primary mechanism for communication is the mailing lists.
-      Anyone can participate, no matter what their time zone.
-      A reliable searchable archive of past discussion is built.
-      Oversight is enabled. Many eyes ensures that the project evolves
-      in a consistent direction.
-    </p>
+        The primary mechanism for communication is the mailing lists. Anyone can
+        participate, no matter what their time zone. A reliable searchable
+        archive of past discussion is built. Oversight is enabled. Many eyes
+        ensures that the project evolves in a consistent direction.
+      </p>
 <p>
-      All decisions are made on the "dev" mailing list.
-    </p>
+        All decisions are made on the "dev" mailing list.
+      </p>
 <p>
-      The main channel for user support is the "user" mailing list.
-      As is usual with mailing lists, be prepared to wait for an answer.
-    </p>
+        The main channel for user support is the "user" mailing list. As is
+        usual with mailing lists, be prepared to wait for an answer.
+      </p>
 <p>
-      Occasionally we will use other communication channels such as IRC.
-      These are used only for a specific purpose and are not permanently
-      available. This policy ensures that solutions are available in the
-      mailing list archives and enables people to respond at whatever time
-      that they choose. Permanent IRC channels are poor from a community-building
-      point-of-view, as they tend to create time-zone based cliques.
-      So we don't.
-    </p>
+        Occasionally we will use other communication channels such as IRC. These
+        are used only for a specific purpose and are not permanently available.
+        This policy ensures that solutions are available in the mailing list
+        archives and enables people to respond at whatever time that they
+        choose. Permanent IRC channels are poor from a community-building
+        point-of-view, as they tend to create time-zone based cliques. So we
+        don't.
+      </p>
 <p>
-      Similarly, private discussions are discouraged. The rest of the community
-      would not benefit from the understanding that is developed.
-      Off-list discussions put too much load on overworked volunteers.
-    </p>
+        Similarly, private discussions are discouraged. The rest of the
+        community would not benefit from the understanding that is developed.
+        Off-list discussions put too much load on overworked volunteers.
+      </p>
 </div>
-
-  
-<a name="N1033A"></a><a name="code"></a>
+    
+<a name="N1034D"></a><a name="code"></a>
 <h2 class="underlined_10">Code management</h2>
 <div class="section">
 <p>
-      The term "patch" has two meanings: Developers provide a set of changes
-      via our <a href="issues.html">Issue Tracker</a> marked for inclusion,
-      which will be applied by a committer. Committers apply their own work
-      directly, but it is still essentially a patch.
-    </p>
-<p>
-      We use the
-      <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#CommitThenReview">Commit-then-review</a>
-      method for decision-making about code changes. Please refer to that
-      glossary definition. Note that it does not preclude the committer
-      from making changes to patches prior to their commit, nor mean that the
-      committer can be careless. Rather it is a policy for decision-making.
-    </p>
-<p>
-      There is an important issue where both developers and committers need
-      to pay special attention: "licenses". We must not introduce licensing
-      conditions that go beyond the terms of the <a href="http://www.apache.org/licenses/">Apache License</a>.
-      If such issues do creep in to our repository, then we must work as
-      quickly as possible to address it and definitely before the next release.
-    </p>
-<p>
-      There are some other problem areas:
-      What should a committer do if the patch is sloppy, containing inconsistent
-      whitespace and other code formatting, which mean that actual changes are not
-      easily visible in the svn diff messages. What if there is poorly constructed
-      (yet working) xml or java code? What if the new functionality is beyond the
-      scope of the project? What if there is a better way to do the task? What if
-      the patch will break the build, thereby preventing other developers from
-      working and causing an unstable trunk?
-    </p>
-<p>
-      The committer has various options: ask the developer to resubmit the patch;
-      change the patch to fix the problems prior to committing; discuss the
-      issues on the dev list; commit it and then draw attention to the
-      issues so that the rest of the community can review and fix it.
-      A combination of these options would appear to be the best approach.
-      Please aim to not break the build, or introduce license problems, or make
-      noisy changes that obscure the real differences.
-    </p>
-<p>
-      Committers should not be afraid to add changes that still need attention.
-      This enables prompt patch application and eases the load on the individual
-      committer. An interesting side-effect is that it encourages community growth.
-    </p>
+        The term "patch" has two meanings: Developers provide a set of changes
+        via our <a href="issues.html">Issue Tracker</a> marked for
+        inclusion, which will be applied by a committer. Committers apply their
+        own work directly, but it is still essentially a patch.
+      </p>
+<p>
+        We use the
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#CommitThenReview">Commit-then-review</a>
+        method for decision-making about code changes. Please refer to that
+        glossary definition. Note that it does not preclude the committer from
+        making changes to patches prior to their commit, nor mean that the
+        committer can be careless. Rather it is a policy for decision-making.
+      </p>
+<p>
+        There is an important issue where both developers and committers need to
+        pay special attention: "licenses". We must not introduce licensing
+        conditions that go beyond the terms of the <a href="http://www.apache.org/licenses/">Apache
+        License</a>. If such issues do creep in to our repository, then we
+        must work as quickly as possible to address it and definitely before the
+        next release.
+      </p>
+<p>
+        There are some other problem areas: What should a committer do if the
+        patch is sloppy, containing inconsistent whitespace and other code
+        formatting, which mean that actual changes are not easily visible in the
+        svn diff messages. What if there is poorly constructed (yet working) xml
+        or java code? What if the new functionality is beyond the scope of the
+        project? What if there is a better way to do the task? What if the patch
+        will break the build, thereby preventing other developers from working
+        and causing an unstable trunk?
+      </p>
+<p>
+        The committer has various options: ask the developer to resubmit the
+        patch; change the patch to fix the problems prior to committing; discuss
+        the issues on the dev list; commit it and then draw attention to the
+        issues so that the rest of the community can review and fix it. A
+        combination of these options would appear to be the best approach.
+        Please aim to not break the build, or introduce license problems, or
+        make noisy changes that obscure the real differences.
+      </p>
+<p>
+        Committers should not be afraid to add changes that still need
+        attention. This enables prompt patch application and eases the load on
+        the individual committer. An interesting side-effect is that it
+        encourages community growth.
+      </p>
 </div>
-
-  
-<a name="N1035F"></a><a name="contribution"></a>
+    
+<a name="N10372"></a><a name="contribution"></a>
 <h2 class="underlined_10">Contribution and acknowledgement</h2>
 <div class="section">
 <p>
-      Some <a href="#way">principles</a> of open development at ASF are to ensure that each
-      contributor is recognised and feels a productive part of the community, and to
-      encourage diversity, respect, and equality.
-      Key to this is the recognition of contributions from individuals
-      in a manner that also recognises the community effort that made it all
-      possible. It is important to remember that there is no concept of
-      individual leadership. See the discussion of
-      <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#meritocracy">meritocracy</a>
-      and other sections of the
-      <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html">How the ASF works</a> document.
-    </p>
-<p>
-       In an Open Source Project, or more importantly, a project developed
-       using an open process, such as Apache Forrest, most contributions of actual
-       code are supported by, or at least *should* be supported by, design
-       discussion, oversight, testing, documentation, bug fixes and much more.
-       No code contribution is an independent unit of work (or should not be).
-       It is therefore impossible to credit individual contributors, it is
-       simply unmanageable, even if it is possible to identify each part of a
-       contribution.
-    </p>
+        Some <a href="#way">principles</a> of open development at ASF are
+        to ensure that each contributor is recognised and feels a productive
+        part of the community, and to encourage diversity, respect, and
+        equality. Key to this is the recognition of contributions from
+        individuals in a manner that also recognises the community effort that
+        made it all possible. It is important to remember that there is no
+        concept of individual leadership. See the discussion of
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#meritocracy">meritocracy</a>
+        and other sections of the
+        <a href="http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html">How the
+        ASF works</a> document.
+      </p>
+<p>
+        In an Open Source Project, or more importantly, a project developed
+        using an open process, such as Apache Forrest, most contributions of
+        actual code are supported by, or at least *should* be supported by,
+        design discussion, oversight, testing, documentation, bug fixes and much
+        more. No code contribution is an independent unit of work (or should not
+        be). It is therefore impossible to credit individual contributors, it is
+        simply unmanageable, even if it is possible to identify each part of a
+        contribution.
+      </p>
 <p>
-      At Apache Forrest we use the following method to provide recognition:
-    </p>
+        At Apache Forrest we use the following method to provide recognition:
+      </p>
 <ul>
-      
+        
 <li>
         All developers encourage other developers to participate on the
         mailing lists, treat each other with respect, and openly collaborate.
@@ -1063,26 +1077,26 @@
         that their discussion and ideas are valuable. These replies enhance
         the presence of their name in the email archives and search engines.
       </li>
-      
+        
 <li>
         Encourage contributors to add patches via the
         <a href="issues.html">issue tracker</a>. This also enables clear
         tracking of the issue and by default specifically shows who was the
         contributor.
       </li>
-      
+        
 <li>
         When committers apply the patch, they refer to the issue number
         and the contributor's name. This enables linkage between the issue
         tracker and the Subversion history. It adds the contributor's name
         to the mail archives.
       </li>
-      
+        
 <li>
         Committers apply patches as soon as possible. This keeps the contributor
         enthused and shows them that their work is valuable.
       </li>
-      
+        
 <li>
         Committers add an entry for each significant contribution to the
         top-level <a href="docs_0_70/changes.html">changes</a> document (site-author/status.xml)
@@ -1090,57 +1104,57 @@
         to the relevant issue and shows the contributor's name. It also shows
         the initials of the committer who did the work to add the patch.
       </li>
-      
+        
 <li>
         When committers are adding their own work, they similarly add entries
         to the "changes" documents. Their initials are added to the entry.
       </li>
-      
+        
 <li>
         The existing PMC will notice new contributors who are committed. It eventually
         <a href="#elect">invites</a> them to become new committers/PMC members. See the 
         <a href="committed.html">notes</a> about this topic.
       </li>
-      
+        
 <li>
         Committers/PMC members are
         <a href="who.html">listed</a>.
       </li>
-    
+      
 </ul>
 <p>
-      As discussed above, there is no specific documentation which lists each
-      contributor and their work. For those who are interested there are various
-      mechanisms: Use general internet search services; use search services provided
-      by various third-party mail archives; search the "svn" mailing list using
-      committer IDs and using contributor names; browse the
-      <a href="docs_0_80/changes.html">changes</a> page; use 'svn log' and 'svn blame'.
-    </p>
+        As discussed above, there is no specific documentation which lists each
+        contributor and their work. For those who are interested there are
+        various mechanisms: Use general internet search services; use search
+        services provided by various third-party mail archives; search the "svn"
+        mailing list using committer IDs and using contributor names; browse the
+        <a href="docs_0_80/changes.html">changes</a> page; use 'svn log' and 'svn
+        blame'.
+      </p>
 </div>
-
-  
-<a name="N103B1"></a><a name="develop"></a>
+    
+<a name="N103C4"></a><a name="develop"></a>
 <h2 class="underlined_10">Development procedure</h2>
 <div class="section">
 <div class="note">
 <div class="label">Note</div>
 <div class="content">
-  This section is still under development. The issues have been discussed
-  on the mailing list. Decisions need to be put into words, so that we do
-  not need to revisit the topic.
-</div>
+        This section is still under development. The issues have been discussed
+        on the mailing list. Decisions need to be put into words, so that we do
+        not need to revisit the topic.
+      </div>
 </div>
 <p>
-     Development work is done on the trunk of SVN.
-     Wherever possible, functionality is contained in "plugins". 
-     There are "release branches" of SVN, e.g. forrest_07_branch.
-    </p>
+        Development work is done on the trunk of SVN. Wherever possible,
+        functionality is contained in "plugins". There are "release branches" of
+        SVN, e.g. forrest_07_branch.
+      </p>
 <div class="fixme">
 <div class="label">Fixme (open)</div>
 <div class="content">
-The following issues still need to be added above.
-There are also some relevant email threads, from which we need to extract info.
-</div>
+        The following issues still need to be added above. There are also some
+        relevant email threads, from which we need to extract info.
+      </div>
 </div>
 <pre class="code">
 * Define our policy for adding changes to release branch.
@@ -1187,7 +1201,6 @@
 http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-631
     </pre>
 </div>
-
 <!-- FIXME:
 
 The default is lazy consensus. So just get on with the job
@@ -1204,7 +1217,7 @@
 ==================
 
 -->
-
+  
 </div>
 <!--+
     |end content

Modified: forrest/site/gump.html
URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/forrest/site/gump.html?view=diff&rev=527020&r1=527019&r2=527020
==============================================================================
--- forrest/site/gump.html (original)
+++ forrest/site/gump.html Mon Apr  9 21:44:00 2007
@@ -230,53 +230,49 @@
 	          &nbsp;<input value="-a" class="smallerfont" title="Shrink text" onclick="ndeSetTextSize('decr'); return false;" type="button">
 	          &nbsp;<input value="+a" class="biggerfont" title="Enlarge text" onclick="ndeSetTextSize('incr'); return false;" type="button">
 </div>
-<h1>Apache Gump integration</h1> 
-  
+<h1>Apache Gump integration</h1>
+    
 <p>
-    Apache Gump builds Apache Forrest trunk each day.
-    If dependencies (e.g. Cocoon and certain blocks) fail, then of course
-    the build of Forrest will fail.
-  </p>
-
-  
+      Apache Gump builds Apache Forrest trunk each day. If dependencies (e.g.
+      Cocoon and certain blocks) fail, then of course the build of Forrest will
+      fail.
+    </p>
+    
 <p>
-    The
-    <a href="http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/forrest.xml">Gump metadata descriptor</a>
-    for Forrest defines a number of different projects. Notifications are
-    sent to the forrest-dev mailing list.
-  </p>
-
-  
+      The
+      <a href="http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/forrest.xml">Gump
+      metadata descriptor</a> for Forrest defines a number of different
+      projects. Notifications are sent to the forrest-dev mailing list.
+    </p>
+    
 <p>
-    The results ...
-  </p>
-
-  
-<ul>
+      The results ...
+    </p>
     
+<ul>
+      
 <li>
 <a href="http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/forrest/forrest/">forrest</a>
 </li>
-    
+      
 <li>
 <a href="http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/forrest/forrest-forrestbar/">forrest-forrestbar</a>
 </li>
-    
+      
 <li>
 <a href="http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/forrest/forrest-test/">forrest-test</a>
 </li>
-    
+      
 <li>
 <a href="http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/forrest/forrest-whiteboard-forrestdoc/">forrest-whiteboard-forrestdoc</a>
 </li>
-    
+      
 <li>
 <a href="http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/forrest/forrest-whiteboard-forrestdoc-autotest/">forrest-whiteboard-forrestdoc-autotest</a>
 </li>
-  
+    
 </ul>
-
-
+  
 </div>
 <!--+
     |end content



Mime
View raw message