forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Improving the localisation of the search box
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:14:22 GMT
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 02:46:32PM +0100, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> 24. nov. 2014 kl. 16:59 skrev Sjur Moshagen <sjurnm@mac.com>:
> > Question/viewpoints requested:
> >
> > Is this important enough that we want to find a JS solution for older browsers?
I tried one, but couldn’t get it going (that might well be because of my non-existent JS
knowledge).

> > OR:
> >
> > Would it be ok to drop support for older browsers in this case? It just means that
there won’t be any lead text/placeholder text in the search field, it will just be plain
white instead.

> With no objections so far, and this being the 0.10-dev code base, I think it is ok to
disregard older browsers for now.

That is a good approach.

Yes, i was going to suggest option two too.

-David