forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building my website with forrest 0.9
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:16:50 GMT
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 10:21:41AM +0200, Vicent Mas wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 10:54 AM, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 11:03:58AM +0200, Vicent Mas wrote:

> > I made the change to the "projectInfo" plugin today to hopefully
> > apply the workaround described in FOR-1108 and FOR-1188.
> >
> > Would you please do 'svn up' and try that plugin again,
> > enabled for the Dispatcher.
>
> Hi,
>  it fails again. But the content of  broken-links.xml is much shorter
> now (only 2 errors)::
> <broken-links>
>   <link message="C:\Users\Vicente\Apache
> Forrest\forrest\main\webapp\.\C:\Users\Vicente\Apache
> Forrest\forrest\plugins\org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo\build\tmp\C:\Users\Vicente\Apache
> Forrest\forrest\build\plugins\svnHelper.xmap (El nombre de archivo, el
> nombre de directorio o la sintaxis de la etiqueta del volumen no son
> correctos)">index.html</link>
>   <link message="C:\Users\Vicente\Apache
> Forrest\forrest\main\webapp\.\C:\Users\Vicente\Apache
> Forrest\forrest\plugins\org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo\build\tmp\C:\Users\Vicente\Apache
> Forrest\forrest\build\plugins\svnHelper.xmap (El nombre de archivo, el
> nombre de directorio o la sintaxis de la etiqueta del volumen no son
> correctos)">/index.html</link>
> </broken-links>

Ah. This plugin is one of the few that utilises a "map:mount"
to include a sub-sitemap (Dispatcher too).

I now made another fix to this plugin to stop mounting
and just add the pipelines from svnHelp.xmap into input.xmap file.

Before doing 'svn up' would you please try this projectInfo
docs again, but not enabled for the Dispatcher, i.e. just
with its default skins. I want to see if the problem was
only with Dispatcher-enabled sites.

> > Also try again the Dispatcher plugin's docs.
> > It uses the projectInfo plugin and so hopefully it
> > now works for you too.
>
> The projectInfo plugin fails so the dispatcher plugin fails too.

Yep.

> > Each plugin's own docs (do 'forrest run' there) is supposed
> > to demonstrate its own features. So you might be able to follow
> > its setup and apply to your own situation.
> >
> > By the way, this FAQ explains how to run the plugins docs
> > server on the default 8888 port and your project on another port:
> > http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_100/faq.html#run_port
>
> I didn't know it. Thanks for the info

> >> I use the PDF plugin too, if the site is not built. It seems that the
> >> dispatcher requires the PDF plugin.
>
> The above lines should read:
>
> I use the PDF plugin too, if *not* the site is not built. It seems that the
> dispatcher requires the PDF plugin.

Yes i figured out what you meant, but i did not understand why.

I see now. It is because the default settings for the Dispatcher
do add a link to *.pdf for each page.

-David