forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Javascript mime type
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 21:33:52 GMT
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Tim Williams <williamstw@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Sjur Moshagen <sjurnm@mac.com> wrote:
>> According to this page: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4101394/javascript-mime-type
>> and many others on the net, application/javascript is the correct answer, but not
accepted by MS IE ≤ 8. Which leaves us with text/javascript. But several places (including
the above) argues that leaving it empty is fine, and the most compatible. I have no strong
opinions, though, just that the present mime type definitely is wrong :)

> I'd go with text/javascript - it's a reasonable default.  It's worth
> noting that we serve it as 'application/javascript' because that's the
> default mime-type mapping for httpd[1].

Ooops.. dangling pronoun:( "we" == forrest.apache.org :)

--tim