forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Javascript mime type
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 21:12:14 GMT
I'd say text/javascript or application/javascript is the right answer.
Omitting it feels pretty wrong though.

--tim

mime type (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_media_type):

> «• application/javascript: ECMAScript/JavaScript; Defined in RFC 4329 (equivalent
to application/ecmascript but with looser processing rules) It is not accepted in IE 8 or
earlier - text/javascript is accepted but it is defined as obsolete in RFC 4329. The "type"
attribute of the <script> tag inHTML5 is optional. In practice, ***omitting the media
type of JavaScript programs is the most interoperable solution,*** since all browsers have
always assumed the correct default even before HTML5.»

> (my emphasis)
>
> If there are no objections, I will just remove the mime type from that (and similar)
match(es).